What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State legit financial powerhouse?

ScottyBuff

Boise State Turns Into Licensing Gold

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39042050

...according to this past fiscal year’s rankings from Collegiate Licensing Company, which controls the licensing of the marks of more than 200 colleges and universities, the Broncos outearned University of Colorado, Stanford, UCONN, Boston College and Georgetown.

Wow. That really sucks for us.

CU gear seems to have always been a hot commodity, but like in all other things, not anymore.

Chalk up those missed $$$ as another notch in the Admin's lack of attention to the athletic department (football specifically).

This move to the Pac-12 creates a TON of opportunity to reverse these trends, I sure hope that Bohn and Co. are given full support to take advantage of that opportunity to put us back on the map.

Black and Gold is a great color combo and it is very popular all over the place. And since CU's logo is so unique and cool, Buff stuff should sell higher. But this kind of stuff is tied into winning, which CU hasn't done in what feels like a decade. Once CU gets back to mattering again that number will go up.

Problem is they turned the Gold into some sort of piss/**** brown and put maxi pads on our shoulders. Too bad we dont see more of the gold that looks like a yellow. Then there is the whole winning issue. No one wants to wear a loser's gear.

I've never really been impressed with the selection of CU gear and apparel that's out there...I'm always underwhelmed by the choices and I wish there was a lot more variety out there...

The Gold is a tough color to cheaply or easily duplicate, but so's a good football program. I'm not so sure about the changing conference affiliations as being the Cure-All for marketing campaigns. I have a feeling most of the country has heard of "Colorado" already, and mere conference affiliation isn't what suddenly drives kids to head to the mall to get the latest Coach Hawkins-like gear. Or maybe it's Cody that will be the big draw?

The "more choices of product" is my wish, too.

if the Chicago Cubs started winning championships, what effect do you think this would have on product sales? Honestly, they've sold tons of stuff over the last few decades simply by being "loveable losers". If they made that change, would it create a schism between Old Fans and Newbies? "I was a fan long before they were winning, therefore I'm the better fan and I won't buy any new fangled gear" - would this be an effect?

I'm not suggesting that CU's storming to endless Pac-10 championships will be nearly that degree of turnaround, of course, but I'd bet that, if CU was the Pac-10's constant loser, they would NOT achieve Cub-esque fandom around the country. I'd be surprised if royalty sales during this year isn't far below it was, say, before any 70-3 conference championship seasons.

Last edited:
Back