What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State-Nevada Game Thread

mwhaahahahaha, maybe now everyone will shut up about Boise St. Would've been great to see Auburn go down yesterday, but Bama threw that one away.

Isn't that the argument Oklahoma used when they lost to Boise in the Fiesta Bowl.

fitting that it would serve Boise now.

i don't know if it's even true. that OU team was one of the weaker Big XII champs and had a converted WR at QB....and a ton of FR on the OL....and were ranked between 15 and 20 most of the year. BSU, on the other hand, had a lot of 5th year seniors and veteran team (the prototype Hawkins team he used to talk about)....and was a legit top 10 team imo. good QB, good RB.

But, your point is a good one: Boise can't play the upstart anymore if they want to take the next step to (sorry Dave Lapham) "Big Boy Football".....all diff being the hunted with a target on your back every week than the hunter.

well there goes any chance of a playoff system coming to college football in the next few years.

this is a bad result for anyone who wanted a playoff... this is a good result for comedic value

If you are a playoff proponent, the best things can still happen:

Auburn loses to South Carolina in SEC championship game.
Stanford beats Oregon State today.
Oregon loses to Oregon State in Civil War game.
Oklahoma State beats the Sooners in the Bedlam game and the Huskers in the Big 12 CCG.
Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan State all win their final games.
LSU beats Arky in the Battle for the Golden Boot.
Florida beats Florida State, then the 'Noles beat V-Tech in ACC CCG.
TCU remains the lone undefeated team in the country.

That would then leave 10 teams ranked in the top 20 (and maybe top 15) with only one loss, one undefeated non-BCS team; but the BCS Bowls would have to include a 3 or 4-loss Big East team, a 3-loss South Carolina team, and a 4-loss Florida State team all to the exclusion of much better programs, and reduced ratings for ESPN to air those games.

The title game would be between a non-BCS team: TCU and a whichever 1-loss team gets the #2 spot after a ****-storm of controversy (Auburn, Oregon, or LSU most likely).

That scenario is much more likely to lead to a playoff, than if an undefeated Boise State or TCU getting left out of the title game would cause.

Last edited:
no matter what happens, 2nd week in January, there will be people saying the BCS "did it's job". it's the worst, post priori argumentation...and you get it every year. yesterday in the Pitt-WVU game the announcer is saying (more than once): "for people who want a playoff, this is a playoff game right here....a quarterfinal...lose goes home". of course this is stupid since the winner has no chance to "keep playing" because the Big East will not put a team in the BCS championship game. The point announcers who are inevitably instructed to say these things keep using these ad hoc, bogus justifications.

a TCU or BSU making the championship game can EASILY be spun to "prove" the existing system (BCS) "works".

Hah!! As has been said before, the hoax is over. BSU is a nice little team, put them in a BCS conference and they win 7-8 games per year. As the announcers said last night, they had not been tested all year and rarely played their starters in the 4th qtr against USU, NMSU, Idaho, etc. They could not stand the "pressure" against Nevada (ahem).

I am rewatching this game on ESPN360, and the answers just piss me off. Sounds like they do tons of BSU games, cause they won't stop slobbering about them. We are just starting the 2nd half, and they won't shut up about how BSU will be over TCU, and the voters are already voting them at 3 and how great Titus and Moore are and blah blah blah.

I'm excited to see Nevada come back and **** em.

I'm a Boise fan, have been for a long time but I wanted them to lose because they don't deserve the #4 ranking with their schedule.

Sounds like the BSU kicker isn't used to pressure situations, eh? Or, in other words, he isn't a pressure cooker kicker. :smile2:

Last edited:
I feel bad for the kid, ruined his teams chances of a BCS, possibly a title game.

I am rewatching this game on ESPN360, and the answers just piss me off. Sounds like they do tons of BSU games, cause they won't stop slobbering about them. We are just starting the 2nd half, and they won't shut up about how BSU will be over TCU, and the voters are already voting them at 3 and how great Titus and Moore are and blah blah blah.

I'm excited to see Nevada come back and **** em.

So who pisses you off, the announcers or their answers? :smile2:

no matter what happens, 2nd week in January, there will be people saying the BCS "did it's job". it's the worst, post priori argumentation...and you get it every year. yesterday in the Pitt-WVU game the announcer is saying (more than once): "for people who want a playoff, this is a playoff game right here....a quarterfinal...lose goes home". of course this is stupid since the winner has no chance to "keep playing" because the Big East will not put a team in the BCS championship game. The point announcers who are inevitably instructed to say these things keep using these ad hoc, bogus justifications.

a TCU or BSU making the championship game can EASILY be spun to "prove" the existing system (BCS) "works".

Just because you can correctly use latin terms of art doesn't mean you should, Mick. It actually means you went to an elite private prep school that allows you the resources to buy a Subaru and bitch about market capitalism. Just kidding brother. Good post. Spot on. You write well for an academic.

Back