What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State to discontinue the rivalry with Idaho

I was at the liquor store last night, and the clerk was wearing a CSU shirt, and I was wearing a CU hat. The dude starts mouthing off to me and talking smack. I didn't even really respond because I just don't CARE about CSU. Besides that, he was the guy working at the liquor store :lol:

This game is so, so tired. The Buffs should play CSU.... once every 3 years. Rotate kNU/UNC, AFA, and CSU.

fify

Two of those CSU games had better attendance than the Nebraska game of 2001-2002 - and that Nebraska game was possibly the biggest game in Folsom in a decade.
The reason the CSU game has higher attendance than the Nebraska game you refrenced is because of the addition of the club seats and suites on the east side in 2003, so the presence of CSU so many times in the top-attended games is a little skewed because of the relatively recent and significant increase in seating capacity at Folsom.

I am worried about our attendance. It is weak and needs to improve dramatically. However, I wasn't brining up attendance figures to claim that CU was having those type of issues. I don't believe CU has attendance issues. I was using the single-game attendance figures to show that the CSU game is much more important to Buff fans than many on these chat boards want to admit. In fact, a look at those figures shows that CSU has put more Buff fans in Folsom than any other team in the last decade, including USC (53,119) and UCLA (48,534). The claim that the game means more to CSU than it does to CU just isn't accurate.

Yeah. Pull TV Neilson ratings for CU-CSU and get back to us.

CSU is the only opponent CU has played within 100 miles of Boulder since 1972.

Box office is purely a factor of geography combined with the season opener on a three day weekend prior to the NFL.

Boise State has had a good football program over the last decade...

The institution itself... is little more than a truck driver school on steroids.

Didn't Idaho throw a ****-fit a few years back when Washington State decided to stop scheduling them annually too?

Maybe they should take the hint and rejoin Idaho State in Div-I FCS matchups against Montana and Montana State.

Washington State-Boise State at this point would mean much more nationally (and that still isn't much) and regionally than Idaho. Just because you are a "State Flagship" doesn't mean people care.

Here is my take CCSquaredC....

This game makes absolute sense UNLESS... CU decides to schedule 4 Nationally televised games now (not gonna happen) or 3 Nationally televised games when we join the PAC (assuming a 9 game schedule).

Otherwise, we probably get the biggest payday out of this game than any other team.

I also like it because it is a good in state rival and we SHOULD win....

I think the Boise situation is completely different. They HAVE to have a very good non-conference schedule to be legit, we don't need that.

I do think CCSquaredC is a little overzealous in support of his team... but hey, I would be too if I were you...

Back