What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State v. Lousiana Tech

Oh no, bosie won by 30 again. Let's all rip them.

**** that ****. Boise beats everyone they play. That's good enough for me. If these BCS teams are so far superior, they should win in early season OOC games or bowl games that allow a month to prepare.

Yeah, because schedule shouldn't matter. :lol:

Boise isn't to blame for their sh!tty schedule - they just count on it. If they played in a better conference, then their down games would result in losses. Hell, even Iowa St. beat Texas, what chance would BSU have in the B12, let alone a better conference? Get real. Hopefully, we'll see them continue to drop BCS points as their schedule kicks in for the computers, because the voters are a bunch of PC idiots.

Yeah, because schedule shouldn't matter. :lol:

Boise isn't to blame for their sh!tty schedule - they just count on it. If they played in a better conference, then their down games would result in losses. Hell, even Iowa St. beat Texas, what chance would BSU have in the B12, let alone a better conference? Get real. Hopefully, we'll see them continue to drop BCS points as their schedule kicks in for the computers, because the voters are a bunch of PC idiots.

They would have a good chance in the Big 12 actually. They would beat our ass by 40 or so. I dont know where they get their players but they have 5 or 6 guys that will play in the league for awhile. Another couple that will make it depending on how they develop. I hear the same crap about TCU. They completely shut down Baylor. You remember them right? The team leading the Big 12 South and ran up about 500 yards on us.

Boise St. would likely be a top 3 or 4 team in a BCS conference.

Winning against 2 BCS schools per year means diddley...

Certainly not worthy of a title game in place of an undefeated or 1 loss team from a BCS conference...

Boise St. would likely be a top 3 or 4 team in a BCS conference.

Winning against 2 BCS schools per year means diddley...

Certainly not worthy of a title game in place of an undefeated or 1 loss team from a BCS conference...

I get what you guys are saying, I do. I have a feeling there wont be any undefeated teams from a BCS conference after this week besides Auburn. Eventually, they will lose as well. Their D isnt very good. Before I hear they beat LSU, please, they arent very good. Oregon can be beaten by USC and Nebraska matches up well with Missouri. Guess TCU wont lose so we've got Utah and Mich. St. left over. Michigan State might very well lose to Iowa. Get a playoff, then the big boys cant hide behind their conference. If a team wins the SuperBowl from a weak division, does that make them less than the champ?

Last edited:
They would have a good chance in the Big 12 actually. They would beat our ass by 40 or so. I dont know where they get their players but they have 5 or 6 guys that will play in the league for awhile. Another couple that will make it depending on how they develop. I hear the same crap about TCU. They completely shut down Baylor. You remember them right? The team leading the Big 12 South and ran up about 500 yards on us.

"A good chance" = a few probable losses. Thanks for the validation. No argument about beating Hawkins' ass.

Boise is a legit top 10-15 team. other that, we don't know. they beat Va Tech and Oregon State and move on to a WAC schedule. half of the top 20 could have done the same. that's why it's hard to make a case for them as #1 or belong in the BCS. if you are better than O State and Va Tech (James Madison)....that means one thing: that you are better than a better than average Pac 10 team and a decent (benefit of the doubt) ACC team. it doesn't mean you are number one or belong in the BCS championship.

it doesn't mean you aren't number one, doesn't prove you are. near as i can tell, Boise fans are total cry babies across the "blogosphere" and anti-Boise peeps are "All SEC ALL THE TIME" types....but it's not insane to think that there are 5-10 teams in the nation that could beat both VT and OSU. that said, no reason to think that by default that BSU is the one team of them that "should" play for a BCS NC bid.

Oklahoma beats AFA, UT, and Florida State....i'd say at least two of those wins are comparable to Va Tech and Org State.....and heads into a WAC schedule....they don't lose again. instead, they have to play at Missouri and lose.

Last edited:
"A good chance" = a few probable losses. Thanks for the validation. No argument about beating Hawkins' ass.

Boise has more size, speed, and talent than anybody gives them credit for. Buffarino is pissed at me because I called him "retarded". They match up very well with anyone in the big 12. Thoughts?

Boise is a legit top 10-15 team. other that, we don't know. they beat Va Tech and Oregon State and move on to a WAC schedule. half of the top 20 could have done the same. that's why it's hard to make a case for them as #1 or belong in the BCS. if you are better than O State and Va Tech (James Madison)....that means one thing: that you are better than a better than average Pac 10 team and a decent (benefit of the doubt) ACC team. it doesn't mean you are number one or belong in the BCS championship.

it doesn't mean you aren't number one, doesn't prove you are. near as i can tell, Boise fans are total cry babies across the "blogosphere" and anti-Boise peeps are "All SEC ALL THE TIME" types....but it's not insane to think that there are 5-10 teams in the nation that could beat both VT and OSU. that said, no reason to think that by default that BSU is the one team of them that "should" play for a BCS NC bid.

Oklahoma beats AFA, UT, and Florida State....i'd say at least two of those wins are comparable to Va Tech and Org State.....and heads into a WAC schedule....they don't lose again. instead, they have to play at Missouri and lose.

Boise was a top 5 team from the beginning of the year and they take care of themselves, they win consistently. They cant possibly control what Va Tech or anyone else does. All they can do is beat them on the field, which they did.

Well Said, Mick.

Boise has more size, speed, and talent than anybody gives them credit for. Buffarino is pissed at me because I called him "retarded". They match up very well with anyone in the big 12. Thoughts?

I'm not pissed. I said don't be surprised if someone doesn't want to be your best buddy after you insult them.

BSU would lose a couple games if they played a B12 schedule. I think Utah will probably drop a couple next year, but we'll see. I also think Utah is a stronger overall program than BSU and has a deeper bench.

I get what you guys are saying, I do. I have a feeling there wont be any undefeated teams from a BCS conference after this week besides Auburn. Eventually, they will lose as well. Their D isnt very good. Before I hear they beat LSU, please, they arent very good. Oregon can be beaten by USC and Nebraska matches up well with Missouri. Guess TCU wont lose so we've got Utah and Mich. St. left over. Michigan State might very well lose to Iowa. Get a playoff, then the big boys cant hide behind their conference. If a team wins the SuperBowl from a weak division, does that make them less than the champ?

Utah plays TCU here in a week or 2 so one of them will be knocked out. And if Utah wins that game they have a potentially dangerous game at ND the following week. Utah also has a tough one this week down in the Springs. MSU still has to play at Iowa and at PSU, so they're likely to lose one of those 2. But if they do run the table that will probably be enough to vault them over Boise, but maybe not TCU if they keep winning. TCU would get a nice boost from beating Utah.

Boise doesn't have to have a home-and-home - they'll go anywheres, but they'd like a small payout of $1 million for a one-off game on the road...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4642585

So they either want a home and home (which doesn't work for a lot of schools due to the money involved, as discussed above), or they want more money than CSU makes off the game at Invesco. And they want it guaranteed.

Like I said, they aren't trying very hard. Those are some pretty steep demands from a WAC team.

BSU AD said:
"We hear people talk about our scheduling, and the first point I want to make is that we'll play anybody in the country home-and-home," Bleymaier said.

I'm sure lots of WAC teams would love home and homes with the big boys. But it usually doesn't work that way.

So they either want a home and home (which doesn't work for a lot of schools due to the money involved, as discussed above), or they want more money than CSU makes off the game at Invesco. And they want it guaranteed.

Like I said, they aren't trying very hard. Those are some pretty steep demands from a WAC team.

Exactly. If a team with a 34K seat stadium wants to schedule big-name teams, they'll have to either go to their place once or do a 2-for-1. That's obvious, or at least it should be.

I apologized for calling you retarded.

No, you didn't. First, you denied you said it, and then you said I do the same thing.

I'd continue this conversation via PM, but you're too cheap to pay for a subscription and your inbox is full.

Boise doesn't have to have a home-and-home - they'll go anywheres, but they'd like a small payout of $1 million for a one-off game on the road...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4642585

1 million for the big boys is chump change, how much they pay other teams to make the trip? Dont forget Charleston Southern doesnt come to get that ass beat for free. I get you are talking about a neutral field but they still pay them alot to get their **** pushed in.

1 million for the big boys is chump change, how much they pay other teams to make the trip? Dont forget Charleston Southern doesnt come to get that ass beat for free. I get you are talking about a neutral field but they still pay them alot to get their **** pushed in.

If you read the article, the going rate for one-off games is typically in the $600-800k range. BSU is asking for quite a bit more than that.

This argument is getting old. Boise plays no one. It doesn't matter the reason, it is just a fact. Hence, they don't deserve to be in NC discussion.

Ok I read it. Arkansas St. can get 900 grand but Boise isnt worth a million? You got this twisted dude. Make it simple for you, they want to pay the cheapest price they can because they know it could be an L. Anything else?

Ok I read it. Arkansas St. can get 900 grand but Boise isnt worth a million? You got this twisted dude. Make it simple for you, they want to pay the cheapest price they can because they know it could be an L. Anything else?

Arkansas St. is not the norm. $600-800k is the norm.

Cu is getting $1.4mm to play at OSU next year. But that's not the norm, either.

I don't blam BSU for trying to get all they can. I would do the same in their shoes. They just need to drop the 'we'll play anyone at anytime' BS because it's not true. They want deals that most non-BCS schools do not get.

Did you play college football? I did, just curious.

Awesome! That is what makes you Mr. Football!

If you think Boise against whoever wouldnt draw money and ratings, you are as retarded as I said.

The TV ratings for last year's Fiesta Bowl says you're wrong. Second worst TV ratings of all the BCS games.

Awesome! That is what makes you Mr. Football!

Thats because they played against TCU jackoff. Get them in there with a money team, the ratings would be much different. I guess your answer is no. It doesnt make me Mr. Football since I played, it doesnt make you Mr. Expert either. You didnt answer my other question.

Thats because they played against TCU jackoff. Get them in there with a money team, the ratings would be much different.

So TCU does not qualify as 'whoever'? Because you said, and I quote:

If you think Boise against whoever wouldnt draw money and ratings, you are as retarded as I said.

I thought Boise was the draw?

BTW, when Boise played OU, they also had the second lowest ratings of any BCS game. And it's not just Boise. When non-BCS teams play in BCS games, the ratings generally suck.

So there goes that argument.

BTW, when Boise played OU, they also had the second lowest ratings of any BCS game. And it's not just Boise. When non-BCS teams play in BCS games, the ratings generally suck.

So there goes that argument.

No TCU isnt a whoever, them matched up was crap tho, was a good game. Yeah the OU game was down, I dont care what the ratings said, everybody who watched got their moneys worth. You also failed to mention it wasnt a National Title game. Let me know what the ratings are then asshole.

No TCU isnt a whoever, them matched up was crap tho, was a good game. Yeah the OU game was down, I dont care what the ratings said, everybody who watched got their moneys worth. You also failed to mention it wasnt a National Title game. Let me know what the ratings are then asshole.

You keep changing your argument. Try to pick one and stick with it, thanks.

The TV ratings for last year's Fiesta Bowl says you're wrong. Second worst TV ratings of all the BCS games.

I thought the BCS really stuck it to both Boise and TCU last year by making them play each other. It was the "big boys" way of putting down both teams. Rather than putting them against one of the BCS teams, and risk the potential embarrassment of losing again (OU losing to Boise, Alabama losing to Utah, etc.) they decided to just have them play each other.

I've got no problem with Boise State getting good. They are in the conference they are in, there's nothing they can do to change that until another conference invites them in. I am sure if the Pac-10 or the Big 12 came calling, they would gladly listen. But until then, they just have to do the best with the conference they are in. Plus they are playing some pretty decent competition in their non-conference games. Virginia Tech is a solid team. Oregon State will wind up being decent. Then they will play a top notch BCS team in their bowl game. If they win that game, I don't see how you could hold it against them.

You mean the bitches that wont play them for 1.25 million when their budget is God knows what? You still havent answered my question. money might run it but alot of bitchass behavior comes with it, been through it.

Back