What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State's Black Uni's

I say we pay broncos players to come dress up in our uniforms and pretend to be our players and then we will destroy fools. We just hide our current players in a shed during the games so no one will figure it out.

how do we get mike leach on staff?

And this would be cheaper for our boosters than actually paying the 250 million for upgrades.....

yes, by a large margin. Auburn got a national championship by paying Newton in the ballpark of $200 thousand. Kelly only paid $25k for their star running back. I'd say you could get 5-star guys for $25k to $50k. At that rate, you can buy 10,000 players for your $250 million upgrade.

Sorry to disappoint you but the shiny black helmets on jerseys from the 80's doesn't look good. While I agree our color scheme is better our uniforms, like everything else in the AD, is outdated.

Our older generation of fans don't want to hear it but the uniforms have kind of become a hit with recruits and is part of the recruiting package being used. Like our facilities, our uniforms could use a little touch up.

I agree...the shiny helmets with the old jerseys looks odd. Our all blacks seem half-assed...like this administration...

I'd like an update to the uniforms. I love our past, but sometimes I think we need to leave it there. Give these kids new unis and their own identity while keeping some traditions. I think that'd be cool and show we looking to the future, not just reliving our past.

If a donor has $50M burning a hole in his pocket, should it be squandered by
A) donating it to the school for the facilities improvements, or
B) underhanded money handshakes, hookers, and blow to top recruits that is done in an way that is untracable and / or "ignored" by the NCAA and law enforcement?

If a donor has $50M burning a hole in his pocket, should it be squandered by
A) donating it to the school for the facilities improvements, or
B) underhanded money handshakes, hookers, and blow to top recruits that is done in an way that is untracable and / or "ignored" by the NCAA and law enforcement?

With Bohn and the rest of the AD running the show? It has to be B if you want a return on investment.

Who is in charge of designing or accepting alternate uniforms? They definitely dropped the ball here. Matte black with a solid golden buffalo, with or without the "CU"

With Bohn and the rest of the AD running the show? It has to be B if you want a return on investment.

Maybe Phil DiStephano treats donor questions with disdain because we as a donor group are not reading between the lines.

Of course CUAD leadership wants their boosters to behave the way the CUAD tells us to behave. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) They have a compliance and oversight facade to uphold.....

If the donors took football seriously, we'd find loopholes and do more heavy lifting. Is this the message DiStephano is sending? I cannot tell based on his lack of leadership.:confused:

Maybe Phil DiStephano treats donor questions with disdain because we as a donor group are not reading between the lines.

Of course CUAD leadership wants their boosters to behave the way the CUAD tells us to behave. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) They have a compliance and oversight facade to uphold.....

If the donors took football seriously, we'd find loopholes and do more heavy lifting. Is this the message DiStephano is sending? I cannot tell based on his lack of leadership.:confused:

Yes and Yes and with more leadership we would already have an SEC type play for pay setup in place.

Maybe I will pick up a few pointers in Gainesville this weekend? I am just going to go up to them Gators and '****s and be like I want to cheat....how do we do it?

Nike could make some sweet unis with our color scheme (gold,silver and black is the best out there). Just need to let them do it...some of those helmets that were posted back in the spring had some cool designs...get over the nostalgia crap, that's not working

People - the uniforms are not the problem. Our won-loss record, the guys in the uniforms, and the guys calling the shots are the problem. If we were winning right now, we'd be talking about how badass we look in our current threads.

People - the uniforms are not the problem. Our won-loss record, the guys in the uniforms, and the guys calling the shots are the problem. If we were winning right now, we'd be talking about how badass we look in our current threads.

I agree it is not the problem but it is a symptom of the problem.

I say we pay broncos players to come dress up in our uniforms and pretend to be our players and then we will destroy fools. We just hide our current players in a shed during the games so no one will figure it out.

I'm not sure a shed is feasible.

USC hasn't changed their uniforms... well, ever. They don't seem to be having these kinds of discussions. Nor at Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. Stop with the bull**** about needing to spice up our uniforms. That's a diversionary tactic. It's not our uniforms that suck, it's our players, coaches and administrators.

USC hasn't changed their uniforms... well, ever. They don't seem to be having these kinds of discussions. Nor at Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. Stop with the bull**** about needing to spice up our uniforms. That's a diversionary tactic. It's not our uniforms that suck, it's our players, coaches and administrators.

All of those schools have distinct advantages over CU

osux-large.jpg

UMFB_Uniform_ND-thumb-590x393-112001.jpg

Bama has worn Pro Combat jerseys too although theirs weren't altered much. LSU has changed theirs up, FSU, Georgia.

As much as I like the jerseys they have a very old fashioned look, similar to our fanbase holding on to relevance from 10+ years ago.

You guys can all STFU. I like our uniforms. There is no reason to change. Plus, the stuff you're posting is one-off kind of deals, not a full time thing. That's exactly the opposite of what you're recommending CU do, which is to go to some craptacular junk and do the classics as a throw-back.

I'll re-state the obvious - it's not our uniforms that suck. Stop trying to make this into something it isn't. Our uniforms are just fine. Perfect, in fact.

9277198.jpg

Gawd, another uniform thread. It's not even off-season. Screw you guys, I'm goin home...

**** Boyzee, why is there a thread dedicated to this glorified JC and their lame-ass unis?

You guys can all STFU. I like our uniforms. There is no reason to change. Plus, the stuff you're posting is one-off kind of deals, not a full time thing. That's exactly the opposite of what you're recommending CU do, which is to go to some craptacular junk and do the classics as a throw-back.

I'll re-state the obvious - it's not our uniforms that suck. Stop trying to make this into something it isn't. Our uniforms are just fine. Perfect, in fact.

9277198.jpg

Gawd, another uniform thread. It's not even off-season. Screw you guys, I'm goin home...
What a bunch of idots, eh Sacky. I love our uni's as well.

What is wrong with talking about uniforms? You think internet posters need to be responsible and focus on more important issues so we can get the job done and move the team forward?

Back