What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise v Ducks

I still don't buy in to the fact that BSU is that good...Oregon made them look good is all. the Offense looked pretty familiar though, nice to get rid of Helfrich and his impotence on O. He will be the OC at Middle North Dakota State A&M CC next year.

The BSU players could not be seen. Their all blues were the same color as the smurf turf. When the yellow first down line covers a player, there is a problem.

I thought the humanitarian bowl was played inside. Does Boise's stadium support a bubble, or are there multiple blue fields in Boise?

The BSU fan base was awesome, filling the stadium and the neighboring basketball court. I wish the CU-CSU game had that kind of backing.

Helfrich's debut as OC was a disaster.
Peterson's OC looks like a genious.
As a Buff fan, it's bitter sweet. Seeing the not-so Midas touch of Helfrich on a recruiting rival vanquishes the 2002 Fiesta Bowl loss and gives Dante's grandma something to ponder. I do, however, envy BSU's ranking and unbeatable home field advantage. It's a fair question to ask if Bohn hired the wrong BSU coach?

The Oregon all white unis weren't nearly as ugly as the expressions and fan attire of their supporters in the bleachers. The TV had ample shots of disillusioned, demoralized Ducks fans. Not surprisingly, Nike shares opened down this morning.

Blount lived his own personal nightmare last night: talking smack that he couldn't back up on the field, and then committing career suicide with a sucker punch that is going viral on the internet. Buh-bye NFL draft.

I turned the game off and went to bed immediately after the clock ran to zero, so I didn't see the cheap shot.

A lot of people are saying Helfrich wasn't calling the plays. What good is an offensive coordinator who doesn't call the plays?

In any event, I'm certain he had a lot to do with the gameplan and the preparation, and that also sucked. I'm more and more happy every day that he's gone.

There is no room in college football for a sucker punch like that. But let's not forget about that BSU player not shutting his trap up and just "tapping" Blount's shoulder pads.

The BSU fan base was awesome, filling the stadium and the neighboring basketball court. I wish the CU-CSU game had that kind of backing.

The color scheme is pretty cool, but consider that the stadium only holds 35K+/- and it's really not that impressive.

I think BSU just passed oregon for ugliest unis in college football.

Did you notice nike made their numbers grey/silver also. hah.

boise_state_2009_unis_back.jpg

flsaypwovjndzzr20090601151443.jpg

I feel great as a CU fan, I feel terrible for Oregon fans (who are generally a good lot).

This much is certain: whether or not Helfrich was calling plays last night (no one is going to tell me he had nothing to do with their offense and it was all Kelly), he definitely took the 2008 CU playbook with him to Eugene.

4th and 1: run from the shotgun, turnover

1st and 10 from the 2 yd line: run from shotgun, get tackled for loss and safety

And on and on... that was our offense last year! I feel like a successful exorcism of CU's offensive woes has been confirmed.

Remember that like Lincoln and the skers, the Broncos are the only thing Boise has, so that makes it easier for them. It also helps that they have had 10-12 game winning seasons for much of the last 8 years or so. They have established a consistent winning program that has continued through three head coaches. All of that is a good combination for getting huge local support.

I do, however, envy BSU's ranking and unbeatable home field advantage.

BSU has had a really good run for a decade, but that home field advantage isn't what it's cracked up to be. Very few BCS conference teams trip to Boise. BSU has only played 4 BCS conference teams at home since 1999.

BSU has had a really good run for a decade, but that home field advantage isn't what it's cracked up to be. Very few BCS conference teams trip to Boise. BSU has only played 4 BCS conference teams at home since 1999.

And last night's game was the first time a ranked opponent had ever played in Boise.

And last night's game was the first time a ranked opponent had ever played in Boise.

and from the looks of it I am not sure the ducks should have been ranked. Let's see how they look going forward.

I hate preseason rankings.

There is no room in college football for a sucker punch like that. But let's not forget about that BSU player not shutting his trap up and just "tapping" Blount's shoulder pads.

Ya think next time he shoots his mouth off, he keeps his helmet on?

and from the looks of it I am not sure the ducks should have been ranked. Let's see how they look going forward.

I hate preseason rankings.

I totally agree. I think Oregon was way overrated. They looked horrible. Absolutely pathetic.

c:/Oregon

"Your computer has been infected by the trojan horse markhelfrich.exe. If you do not take immediate action you will continue to run east-west out of the shotgun and have difficulty scoring."

It was a coming out party. It looked like a great place to be on a Thursday night. I bet the town was rocking into the wee hours.

Handing off to a big fast tail back five yards behind the line of scrimmage from a standstill, where have I seen this before??...........

Personally I'll cut Hout a little slack Blount was talking a lot of sack before the game about how they were going to wreck Boise and get even for last year, and that "Boise didn't stand a chance." etc. etc. so on and so forth.

If some one kept rambling on at my team like that I'd toss him a little scoreboard smack post game.
:yeahthat:

Handing off to a big fast tail back five yards behind the line of scrimmage from a standstill, where have I seen this before??...........

yeah, this game had something for everyone. we don't pat ourselves on the back anymore when Boise wins, that for sure. Peterson is tough.

too bad all the "Boise Playbook" and mojo hooch from Dan led to changing the O 3 years in a row.

Oregon sucks, Boise looked better, but they are not going undefeated if they play like that all year.

That Stadium looks like it sucks. The seats were miles away from the field, I hate stadiums like that.

If I am the coaches, the Boise St. guy gets a one game suspension for taunting, and the Oregon idot is gone. ...my two cents...

Wow.. the offense playcalling had Helfrich written all over it. Even if he wasn't the one calling the plays in, he definitely had his input. The plays were just too familiar.

Anyone else get the vibe that Belotti was wishing he was still on the sideline?

Back