What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise - VT

Man, the tater farmers are kicking those engineering students asses.

I can't recall the last time Boise lost to a bcs team.

That won't stop the bcs clowns from appointing an inferior team in their stead.

Looking at the records, Hawk's was quite a bit better than Koetter's

But Hawkins did not build that program. He took them up a level from Koetter, but Peterson has taken them up to a whole new level. Boise is not winning these types of games with Hawkins as coach.

If Boise ends up winning this game, which is hardly a given at this point, let's wait and see how good VT ends up being.

I can't recall the last time Boise lost to a bcs team.

That won't stop the bcs clowns from appointing an inferior team in their stead.

Matching them up with TCU last year in the Fiesta Bowl was such a pussy move too. Let em play the big boys (even tho they have and already proved they can hang)

But Hawkins did not build that program. He took them up a level from Koetter, but Peterson has taken them up to a whole new level. Boise is not winning these types of games with Hawkins as coach.

Boise fans should be thanking CU for getting Hawk the hell out of town :lol:

But non BCS teams should not be rewarded for playing a ****ty schedule. The regular season is all we have to judge college football, and a huge part of the judging is the strength of schedule. With the system we have, boise will always be screwed unless they join a major conference, which probably will not happen any time soon.

I don't necessarily disagree... you should be rewarded for winning your schedule. I think they have been rewarded for winning. They have also been penalized for its weakness. I don't think that their success should be disparaged. They meet tough foes and weak foes and beat them. What more do you want these kids to do? Personally, I like watching their style of football and they will soon be stepping up their schedule when they enter the MWC. I know, I know it isn't the coveted BCS, but it is better than the WAC. If they ever get invited to join a BCS conference I don't think they will balk at the chance.

I don't necessarily disagree... you should be rewarded for winning your schedule. I think they have been rewarded for winning. They have also been penalized for its weakness. I don't think that their success should be disparaged. They meet tough foes and weak foes and beat them. What more do you want these kids to do? Personally, I like watching their style of football and they will soon be stepping up their schedule when they enter the MWC. I know, I know it isn't the coveted BCS, but it is better than the WAC. If they ever get invited to join a BCS conference I don't think they will balk at the chance.

I like seeing them in a BCS game to see what they can do, just not the national championship game. If you want to compete for a national championship, you should choose to attend a school where you have a chance to play in the big game. If you're not good enough to attend one of those schools, then play at Boise and beat up a bunch of nobodys.

i like seeing them in a bcs game to see what they can do, just not the national championship game. If you want to compete for a national championship, you should choose to attend a school where you have a chance to play in the big game. If you're not good enough to attend one of those schools, then play at boise and beat up a bunch of somebodys & nobodys.

fify

Boise can only play the schedule they have on any given year.

Exactly. Its not like they have the chance to join a BCS conference either. Yea, they play an easier schedule, but that doesnt necessarily mean they still arent the best team in the land.

On top of that, look what they are doing, they flew all the way across the country to play in Va Techs backyard in a tougher environment than a bowl game. They deserve some credit for that.

Last edited:
VTs got some momentum right now... could be an interesting game.... well if it didn't include a scummy non-BCS school. :smile2:

Great game, just catching it now. As has been said, ****ing ****ty uniforms all-around. Why the hell would VT mess with theirs? They look a reject Texas Tech team.

One other point: anyone that thinks Boise making it to the MNC game will "Bust up the system" is blind. That scenario would completely "validate" the entire BCS system and give the anti-BCS crowd nothing to argue about in "fairness" of access to the NC game.

Great game, just catching it now. As has been said, ****ing ****ty uniforms all-around. Why the hell would VT mess with theirs? They look a reject Texas Tech team.

One other point: anyone that thinks Boise making it to the MNC game will "Bust up the system" is blind. That scenario would completely "validate" the entire BCS system and give the anti-BCS crowd nothing to argue about in "fairness" of access to the NC game.

these are the nike pro combat jerseys, pretty sure they only will wear them once this year.

virginia tech´s unis look sharp. i also liked the tcu unis and helmet, oregon´s otoh with the wing on the shoulder ....

They beat another nobody in TCU, and they beat an Oklahoma team that went 1-3 against top 20 teams that year. The only top 20 team they beat was Nebraska in the big 12 championship game, who also lost to every team they played in the top 20.

exactly. that OU team had a WR playing QB and lost to Texas. one of weakest Big XII champs ever. they also started all freshmen across the OL, the same OL that would play for the NC twice. we like to use the "youth excuse"....for Hawkins.

Back