What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise - VT

not impressed with va tech minus Tyrod. That Oline was awful. Va tech is, at best, a fringe top 25 outfit this year until that oline gels. ANd it still took 17 free points for Boise St to win.

Oooh, look at that schedule. At Wyoming. Louisiana Tech. San Jose State. New Mexico State. Idaho, now that could be a tough one. :rolling_eyes:

The fact that this team is even being mentioned as a possible contender for the NC game is an absolute disgrace to college football.

its unfortunate they aren't in the MWC this year but it is what it is. Until we get a playoff system then this is what we get. dont' blame boise, blame the presidents that won't allow a playoff systme.

NCAA football is a ****ing joke. It really is. BSU is going to the national championshp game against some SEC team. This is ridiculous.

VT is not elite

Like Snow said, they're barely top 25 material. Tyrod was running for his life all night behind that o-line and Ryan Williams, who is one of the premier backs in the country, barely managed 2 yards a carry tonight. And even with all that VT still should've won if not for choking on that last offensive drive.

haters-gonna-hate-cigar-and-beer.jpg

and the last time Va Tech won the NC was....?

let's not act like this a bigtime win. the ACC is about the MWC of late.....and the MWC had more BCS wins.

Like Snow said, they're barely top 25 material. Tyrod was running for his life all night behind that o-line and Ryan Williams, who is one of the premier backs in the country, barely managed 2 yards a carry tonight. And even with all that VT still should've won if not for choking on that last offensive drive.

id blame it on vt only playing three quarters

its unfortunate they aren't in the MWC this year but it is what it is. Until we get a playoff system then this is what we get. dont' blame boise, blame the presidents that won't allow a playoff systme.

I'm not blaming Boise, I'm blaming anyone who's voting for them this high in the polls. So if Northern Illinois runs the MAC should they be in the NC game? What if Troy runs thru the mightly Sun Belt undefeated, do they deserve to go? Rhetorical questions - of course they wouldn't deserve it. And neither will Boise if they go thru their "mighty" schedule unbeaten.

I'm not blaming Boise, I'm blaming anyone who's voting for them this high in the polls. So if Northern Illinois runs the MAC should they be in the NC game? What if Troy runs thru the mightly Sun Belt undefeated, do they deserve to go? Rhetorical questions - of course they wouldn't deserve it. And neither will Boise if they go thru their "mighty" schedule unbeaten.

Boise State is clearly better than those teams though.

There was a defensive squad on the field.

difference between bsu and your 2 examples is that boise has been doing it for years. troy going undefeated could be classed as a flash in the pan, boise? not so much.

i was pulling for boise going into the game, but after watching them tonight i share your concerns.

I love it! Pandemonium. F UCK the BCS, we need a playoff system and I'll gladly root for Boise vo tech school to win it all if means giving Texassholes, Ohio St and Abalama shi theads fits for years. It's f ukin hilarious. I wonder want the Coach's poll will do now? AP #3, Coach's ??

I hope there are 2 loss Champions in every BCS conference.

Boise knew it had to step it up to get respect. So what do they do, travel all the way across the country, play in the most hostile environment, and win. I doubt any other team in the top 10 (or maybe even 25) would have taken the game with BSU. So kudos to them for their victory.

Wow you ****ers talked a lot about this game. Not gonna read. Just here to say, **** Boise. Now I have to spend the whole season listening to the ****ing blabber about BCS-busting Boise. Hopefully VaTech loses every game of the season so Boise's one good win isn't any good at all.

I realize I'm going a bit over the top on this stuff here... I don't know if Boise State is really one of the top two teams in the country or not. What I do know, though, is that they win the games that they are given. Every time there is a challenge or an opportunity to falter they man up and beat the competition. I respect that. Until some BCS team can beat them, I say they are on equal ground.

Boise plays like they played tonight in any BCS conference and they come out with 2 to 5 losses. I have no problem with Boise, but there is no way in hell they belong in a national championship game.

Wow you ****ers talked a lot about this game. Not gonna read. Just here to say, **** Boise. Now I have to spend the whole season listening to the ****ing blabber about BCS-busting Boise. Hopefully VaTech loses every game of the season so Boise's one good win isn't any good at all.

They still have to beat Oregon State.

Boise knew it had to step it up to get respect. So what do they do, travel all the way across the country, play in the most hostile environment, and win. I doubt any other team in the top 10 (or maybe even 25) would have taken the game with BSU. So kudos to them for their victory.

VT is not a very big step up.

Back