What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Booing at the game

I'm not much for booing as I don't like booing the players & my team/school that I love....BUT, I can't say I won't mutter a few negative phrases such as "**** you Coach Hawk", "WTF are you doing Coach Hawk" or "Where the **** is D-Scott, Simas, Simmons & all of our talent?"

Is this thread for real? If you boo at a game, the players might think it is for them and not just the coaches.

If CU is getting punked by Wyo like CU has got punked the last two weeks, hell yes there better be some booing.

Coach they booed me and that really hurt my feelings..........That's alright the people booing never coached so they have no reason to be upset. You tried really hard, and everyone got to play and have fun. We have juice and snacks for after the game. Maybe we can get some ice cream.

Several years back the K12 schools in Boulder wanted to eliminate letter grades. They didn't want kids getting C's, D's, and F's feeling bad when other kids were getting A's & B's. The whole competition is bad mentality.

Maybe CU should petition the NCAA to eliminate keeping score. Hand out the participation ribbons at the end of the game.

it's not just the recruits. How about current players? How many left when Barnett left? Nebraska supported their team thru the callahan crap and frankly that is the only way to do it.

As long as the players practice and do their off-season workouts like we know they have - 100%, I will support them 100%. Booing is spineless. Grow up. There are many ways to voice displeasure with the coaches, and booing just ends up dividing the fans from the team. I don't think that's the point.

Thats BS. During the Calaban era the booing became so loud that they had to fire Peteson to insert Osborne to restore order. Virtually every record that NU had associated with home games (wins, attendance, etc.) fell. I think even the home sell out streak ended.

Thats BS. During the Calaban era the booing became so loud that they had to fire Peteson to insert Osborne to restore order. Virtually every record that NU had associated with home games (wins, attendance, etc.) fell. I think even the home sell out streak ended.

So you are now using kneelbraska as the benchmark for fan behavior? What a bunch of ****. At the game you support the team. When you get home do everthing you can to get this bum fired.

No, the sellout streak is still intact, however when they were getting beaten like a punching bag at home against Okie st in 2007, by the time the third quarter started, the stadium was half full. I can't find the video on youtbue anymore, but it was hilarious. The leavign fans were being interviewed and there were comments like, "I'm not gonna watch that garbage!" and "Not until Cally is gone!"

So you are now using kneelbraska as the benchmark for fan behavior? What a bunch of ****. At the game you support the team. When you get home do everthing you can to get this bum fired.

In theory thats a nice idea. In reality people are paying hundreds of dollars to be at the game and they expect, demand, a certain level of quality as a return on their investment.

If you don't like getting booed then don't be a coach and don't play organized sports. Its a part of the game. At most your reaching 75 to 100 people who go to games on this board. I believe I can say with a high degree of certainty the booing is squarely directed at one man. We all know the players didn't run practice, implement the scheme, or breakdown film by themselves going into each game.

Last edited:
Hearing on TV the home crowd booing their team or coaches always sounds ugly, base, low to me. It makes me feel like those booing don't deserve even what they have, let alone something better.

It seems to happen a lot these days. Everywhere.

I suppose that in the background is some sort of notion that the booers have high standards that are not being met. But their own standards of excellence are not being demonstrated as fans at a home sporting event; thus their booing could be interpreted as very hypocritical.

Hearing on TV the home crowd booing their team or coaches always sounds ugly, base, low to me. It makes me feel like those booing don't deserve even what they have, let alone something better.

It seems to happen a lot these days. Everywhere.

I suppose that in the background is some sort of notion that the booers have high standards that are not being met. But their own standards of excellence are not being demonstrated as fans at a home sporting event; thus their booing could be interpreted as very hypocritical.

it has taken on a life of its own... sorta like rushing the field everytime your team gets a first down....

**** that. If the team comes out like it has the last two weeks and you wanna boo, do it. You cheer to express your approval of something and you boo when you don't like something.

Wow! I can't agree with this. I think it is better to sit silent then to boo your team or for that matter the other team as well. Perhaps Buff fans should do what fans do in other countries when they don't agree with something on the field of play.

Whistle!

But the way I see it, the nation will see what kind of fans CU fans are should Wyoming put the wood to the Buffs this weekend. If the Buffs loose and the fans behave badly, I will not be one to defend Buff fans in any way, shape or form. They will get what they deserve. If however, they show class I will be one to point it out with all the compliments in the world as they will deserve it.

Last edited:
Actually, I've changed my mind. I won't "boo" at the team or the coaches. When the rest of the stadium is "booing", I will "boo" at them for "booing".

Wow! I can't agree with this. I think it is better to sit silent then to boo your team or for that matter the other team as well. Perhaps Buff fans should do what fans do inother countries when they don't agree with something on the field of play.

Whistle!

But the way I see it, the nation will see what kind of fans CU fans are should Wyoming put the wood to the Buffs this weekend. If the Buffs loose and the fans behave badly, I will not be one to defend Buff fans in any way, shape or form. They will get what they deserve. If however, they show class I will be one to point it out with all the compliments in the world as they will deserve it.

Damn, things have gotten tough. I am agreeing with a Husker. WTF?

Good post Surveyor

3838438201_41dbe7d6bb.jpg

Wow! I can't agree with this. I think it is better to sit silent then to boo your team or for that matter the other team as well. Perhaps Buff fans should do what fans do in other countries when they don't agree with something on the field of play.

Whistle!

Why don't you clear whistling with the officiating crew before the Nebraska game. You do realize that whistling from the bleachers causes a personal foul, right?

I for one couldn't care less about how a Nebraska fan such as yourself feels about Buff fans. I gotta let you know that your post was as smug as it was condescending. It's not entirely unexpected from the self-proclaimed "best fans in football". You have perfected the art of the self-serving husker superiority complex. Congradulations.

Let's make a deal. You continue to judge CU fans with your sactimonious husker bs, and CU fans can continue to throw piss balloons in your grandmother's general direction.

Thank you for your interest in CU football.

Why don't you clear whistling with the officiating crew before the Nebraska game. You do realize that whistling from the bleachers causes a personal foul, right?

I for one couldn't care less about how a Nebraska fan such as yourself feels about Buff fans. I gotta let you know that your post was as smug as it was condescending. It's not entirely unexpected from the self-proclaimed "best fans in football". You have perfected the art of the self-serving husker superiority complex. Congradulations.

Let's make a deal. You continue to judge CU fans with your sactimonious husker bs, and CU fans can continue to throw piss balloons in your grandmother's general direction.

Thank you for your interest in CU football.

Skidrow: You can kiss my ---! You are try hard to be a "knowleeedgable" football fan and a life coach around here. It doesn't work for me. Go back to bitching about Hawkins. It's what you appear to do best.

BTW, I wouldn't be supprised if the Buffs gets the wood put to them by the Cowboys, but I hope not for the sake of the B12 and the Buff players. CU "needs" the win!

Damn, that felt good. Good night to all!

Skidrow: You can kiss my ---! You are try hard to be a "knowleeedgable" football fan and a life coach around here. It doesn't work for me. Go back to bitching about Hawkins. It's what you appear to do best.

BTW, I wouldn't be supprised if the Buffs gets the wood put to them by the Cowboys, but I hope not for the sake of the B12 and the Buff players. CU "needs" the win!

Damn, that felt good. Good night to all!

Finally. I was wondering how long it would take for that andy griffith facade of yours to crack. Welcome to the dark side.

I look forward to a Buff team that wins. If the Cowboys lay the wood, there is no need inside me to voice displeasure, no matter how frustrating that will feel. I see wins ahead for the guys on the field who remain Buffs next year and beyond. It's not Ray Polk's fault is it? How about Ryan Millers? The players want to win - no question.

If we get pounded today, this staff has lost the team. Bohn doesn't need to hear the boos to figure it out. Some of my deep-pocketed friends who are donors to this program have much louder voices than I.

Better days are coming. I hope they start today with a good win over the Cowpokes. If not, better days are coming, and although painful, at least we will know that a page has been turned.

With that said, I remain hopeful and confident that the new Buffs will show up today against a WY team that played Texas even for most of last week's game. GO BUFFS!!!!

There will be recruits at the game this week.

On a personal note, I don't boo college or high school. Pee Wee, though, that's another story. Those little snot machines need to learn that there are consequences to playing like a candy ass and that life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

yeah...I make my kid run laps around the block if he plays like ****...lol

Valdezj: Sorry buddy, the Husker fans DID "support their team thru the callahan crap". The fans had no support for coach, his assistants and the AD.

I should know, I suffered thru the whole thing with all the rest of my 85000+ friends in Memorial Stadium, and with a million others around the country. :sad1: Husker fans prefer to just forget the whole thing, just as Buff fans will, if and when their program finally gets turned around.

Back