What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both A&M AND Nebraska home games could be at Mile High

The A&M game here might be played at SAF, but the NU games won't-We need 6 home games a fall. In '19, we're committed to CSU (at SAF) and Fresno (Folsom) in addition to NU. As we have four home conference games, we need that NU game at home to get to six. In '23, we're scheduled to play TCU in Fort Worth in addition to NU. Assuming the third game is a bodybag game of some sort, we still need to play NU at home to get to six.

Good point about needing 6 games. Would be strangely hilarious to move a NU game to SAF while telling CSU they are getting kicked to the curb because CU needs 6 games at Folsom every year.

No games should be played at SAF, unless maybe if it's a one off neutral site game that wouldn't happen as a home and home (that's almost impossible since the Pac12 TV contract says that kind of game would have to fall under pac12 control). Absolutely no to playing a true away game, then diluting the return as a SAF game. If one believes in home field advantage, the games have to be played at Folsom. If one does not believe in home field advantage, then what's the point of even going to games when sitting at home and watching in HD is so comfortable and cheap. For those advocating moving the game for the money, when does that stop? Why not move Oregon to SAF because they likely travel better than A&M? Careful though, moving games to a more profitable location might end up in a L and who knows ahead of time how painful that would be to the program (any game that gets moved seems meaningful enough to warrant national attention).

Last edited:
Please factor into your spreadsheet the security cost. When 35,000 Husker fans boast about how SAF can be renamed Memorial Stadium West, a riot between fans is not out of the question.

Tear gas, swat equipment, and Argus goons adds up.

Denver has a very high percentage of NU alums here. Just like KU does. I have no problem moving the game to Denver so those fans can put their money for overpriced tickets into CU's pocket. Just make sure some Eskimo Pies, Funnel Cakes, Runzas, and Corn products are on the menu.

As for security, Id be embarrassed if a bunch of college graduates couldn't behave themselves. I suspect that DPD would approach the game no differently than they would a Broncos rivalry game like Oakland or KC.

Both A&M AND Nebraska home games could be at Mile High

I suspect that DPD would approach the game no differently than they would a Broncos rivalry game like Oakland or KC.

Have the Raiders or Chiefs ever put 30K+ of their own fans in Mile High for a big game?

Methinks the DPD would draw more from the RMS playbook.

I could be OK with a Boulder-Stincoln-SAF 3 game arrangement, but of course that's not what's in the contract.

Denver has a very high percentage of NU alums here. Just like KU does. I have no problem moving the game to Denver so those fans can put their money for overpriced tickets into CU's pocket. Just make sure some Eskimo Pies, Funnel Cakes, Runzas, and Corn products are on the menu.

As for security, Id be embarrassed if a bunch of college graduates couldn't behave themselves. I suspect that DPD would approach the game no differently than they would a Broncos rivalry game like Oakland or KC.

Honestly, sometimes you say the weirdest things. It's like you've never been to a CU/NU game before. Maybe you haven't. I don't know.

Honestly, sometimes you say the weirdest things. It's like you've never been to a CU/NU game before. Maybe you haven't. I don't know.

wrong. miami has been going to games since you were in diapers, i know this because he reminds the board every other week.

I have. I agree the game would be better in Folsom. From an emotional fan point of view.

But my post, the one you quoted, approached the subject solely from the money possibilities. So whats a better payday? 50,000 seat sellout? Or an 80,000 seat sellout? The question mark in that argument is the amount you get charged to use the stadium.

I have. I agree the game would be better in Folsom. From an emotional fan point of view.

But my post, the one you quoted, approached the subject solely from the money possibilities. So whats a better payday? 50,000 seat sellout? Or an 80,000 seat sellout? The question mark in that argument is the amount you get charged to use the stadium.

This reminds me of the arguments to bring Texas into the P12. Sure, they'd bring more money, but they're not worth it. The difference in revenue is negligible when you take into consideration the lack of parking revenue, lack of concessions revenue, the extra expenses of paying DPD overtime, rent on the facility, etc. And then you have to take into consideration the PR hit you're going to take when there's a street riot that takes place.

It's a stupid, stupid idea.

I think the riot issue is being a little bit over blown here.

Right. What Sack is anticipating...

brick-killed-a-guy-with-a-trident.gif

I think the riot issue is being a little bit over blown here.

You must not have been around the message boards during the Big 12 years.

nebraska fans would make all kinds of allegations about the abuse that was suffered on their trips to CU.
- tires sliced
- grandmothers pushed down stairs
- piss balloons
- nails stuffed with marshmallows used as projectiles
- our entire student section was ejected from a game for throwing bottles and batteries on the field
- they'll swear CU fans are the worst in the nation
- it's true because they are the classiest and most knowlegable fans in college football. It's true because it says so etched in concrete on their mausoleum of a stadium in Lincoln, where they applaud the visitors.

Of course there will be a riot. You might find this possibility overblown. But when NU fans return to lincoln with their war stories, the hostilities will be described as a riot. FACT.

Sal is dead, go big red. Very classy. I still remember when Drumm scored there in the early 2000's, I saw a bottle of water land by him. Delusional fan base.

Maybe, but I think there is a legit possibility of **** hitting the fan between the two fanbase with alcohol involved.

So they will just make the game at 10:00 am which would piss off the entire fan base.

So they will just make the game at 10:00 am which would piss off the entire fan base.
Then people will just drink all night before. Didn't stop people when they did the 11am CSU kickoff a while back.

Then people will just drink all night before. Didn't stop people when they did the 11am CSU kickoff a while back.

Yeah but that game was definitely more calm than the ones at later times. Could have also been the play on the field but there wasn't much energy there.

Maybe, but I think there is a legit possibility of **** hitting the fan between the two fanbase with alcohol involved.

Meh... Anything's possible but I just feel like some on this thread are acting like it would be Armageddon in Denver if the game is played there. Some skirmishes here and there with some **** talking in the stands? Sure. Tear gas on the field with hundreds or thousands of DPD in full riot gear? Highly unlikely. I don't want the game in Denver, by any means, but I just don't think it would be anything close to a riot.

Win or lose, we riot if the game is in Denver.

Warning for Nebraska fans:
Don't bring your grandmas to the game, we will push them down the stairs
Don't park your tractors in the parking lot, we will slash the tires
Watch out for water balloons. They are filled with piss and diarrhea and vomit. Putting piss and poop in a balloon is gross and made us vomit, so we put the vomit in there too.

Meh... Anything's possible but I just feel like some on this thread are acting like it would be Armageddon in Denver if the game is played there. Some skirmishes here and there with some **** talking in the stands? Sure. Tear gas on the field with hundreds or thousands of DPD in full riot gear? Highly unlikely. I don't want the game in Denver, by any means, but I just don't think it would be anything close to a riot.

ATTN: Lurking Husker Fans
Please link TSchekler's view on Huskerpediphilia and other aNUs message boards. After our respective exits from the B12 and entry into new and better conferences, CU and NU fans can now live together in peace and harmony. Let's bury the hatchet and let by-gones be by-gones. If you want to play CU in Denver at Sports Authority stadium, let's do it. The more the merrier. You can float your TD balloons. Lemonade stands will be set up to welcome you to our fair city. Bring your Red Polyester clad masses and bring your wallet. We'll applaud you at the end of the game, win, lose or draw. Love 'em up. Love 'em up. GBR.

The DPD shows up by the hundreds in full riot gear for the CSU game. Why wouldn't they do the same for a CU/NU game?

The DPD shows up by the hundreds in full riot gear for the CSU game. Why wouldn't they do the same for a CU/NU game?

Would they be prepared for any scenario? Sure. But there haven't been actual riot problems at the CU/CSU game since the tear gas game over a decade and a half ago, and that includes the game at Folsom when Ram fans rushed our own field.

Would they be prepared for any scenario? Sure. But there haven't been actual riot problems at the CU/CSU game since the tear gas game over a decade and a half ago, and that includes the game at Folsom when Ram fans rushed our own field.

This is because CU administrators wrote a sternly worded letter to students attending the game. Attendance suffered.

A strong indicator of how badly CU needs money. It has to hurt RG to negotiate with the other side having that awareness, and it probably says that ADs across the country know we have the problem. And, they'll use it in recruiting too. This sucks

A strong indicator of how badly CU needs money. It has to hurt RG to negotiate with the other side having that awareness, and it probably says that ADs across the country know we have the problem. And, they'll use it in recruiting too. This sucks

You are reading way too much into this.

Thanks, Sly

A&M has a $450M renovation of Kyle Field. (3x CU's project). The Aggies aren't exactly poor. But cash flow is a concern no matter if you are A&M or CU.

It's called the Arms Race. EVERYONE has money issues.

A&M has a $450M renovation of Kyle Field. (3x CU's project). The Aggies aren't exactly poor. But cash flow is a concern no matter if you are A&M or CU.

It's called the Arms Race. EVERYONE has money issues.
Yeah there isn't a single AD out there who isn't looking at other ways to increase revenue. Hell, just about every business is doing that. Nto exactly a foreign concept.

Back