What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Both Directv and Dish expexted to sign on day 1 for sec network

You're right of course. But what do you expect the PAC to do about it? DirecTV has made it clear they aren't going to pay anywhere close to what everyone else is paying. And again, favored nation clause would screw the PAC. It sucks, but unless PAC fans cancel and they lose significant subs, doesn't appear they are going to budge. Hopefully the att deal gets approved and there is a change. Although not counting on it.

From phone

I hope the PAC12 sticks to their guns on this one. Giving a special deal to DTV will only make DTV more greedy and powerful. Also the other carriers would want the same deal too. Time to put a stop to it.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of deal the SEC gets. That would have a huge bearing on how the PAC negotiations go, IMO.

PAC fans take the Sunday ticket freebie vs. canceling. SEC fans won't and there are more of them.
This. DTV doesn't pick up P-12 until P-12 fans call to cancel and don't accept the "we'll give you sunday ticket for free if you don't" line. As long as P-12 "fans" keep giving DTV their money, DTV will not change.

All I know is it makes no sense to live in Pac 12 Country and only have access to the Big Ten Network if I choose not to go to Dish...I think the Pac 12 would be better served to lower their demands a bit and get their product out to as many people as possible

All I know is it makes no sense to live in Pac 12 Country and only have access to the Big Ten Network if I choose not to go to Dish...I think the Pac 12 would be better served to lower their demands a bit and get their product out to as many people as possible

The PAC 12 have given DTV the same demands (blanking on a better word) as Comcast and Dish, this is a consumer issue.

Last edited:
The PAC 12 have DTV the same demands as Comcast and Dish, this is a consumer issue.

da1b3e48f5f88ffe9d8b8274d799f5c8d26f28d4469c212be4e40f255d58b977.jpg

If its a few pennies, I would agree. We don't know whether the rumors are accurate, but if they are - DirecTV is asking to halve the carriage fee. If true, they can pound sand. Then it would be squarely on PAC fans to force the issue. If their FAQs for carriage fee disputes is up to date - they don't even consider the PAC Networks on the radar right now.

As someone who is happy with my provider - I will be calling them a few times this month from different numbers ready to sign up for everything they offer. Then at the end will make sure what channel the PAC 12 Network is and when they tell me they don't carry it, will kindly tell them they can GTFO and do they know if Dish has it?

Don't you think the Pac-12 is 2nd class, compared to the SEC?

If you were to rank all of the conferences, would you rank the Pac-12 ahead​ of the SEC?
If people paid to watch Nobel Prize winners and students getting a great education, the SEC would be on ESPN 8..."The Ocho" :lol: and the PAC12 on primetime network TV.

a lot is in flux, especially when you layer in the att/directv deal.

it has been reported that sunday ticket has to transfer as a condition of the deal. assuming att clears regulatory and can proceed to close the deal for directv, the nfl is in the catbird seat. it knows that it can squirrel the merger so it will seek to obtain a huge price for sunday ticket.

layer in the non-traditonal bidders who may step forward for sunday ticket: google, apple, for example.

the nfl sunday ticket if sold to one of these guys exclusively is going to cost an absolute ****-ton of cash. that means, among other things, that the winner will not want to expend budget on ancillary content like the p12.

here's my net-net: if att/directv happens and they hold onto sunday ticket, it will hurt our chances to see the p12n on that combined company's offering (yes, i know uverse has it now).

If the Pac-12 wants to get more national visibility and respect then they need to\o get eyeballs on their network, even if it means giving the largest carrier a lower rate. It's not the consumer's responsibility to get P12 Network on DTV, it's the Pac-12's.

If the Pac-12 wants to get more national visibility and respect then they need to\o get eyeballs on their network, even if it means giving the largest carrier a lower rate. It's not the consumer's responsibility to get P12 Network on DTV, it's the Pac-12's.

You know who made a much bigger mistake than larry scott? Roger Goddell. How could he possibly allow Sunday Ticket to only be on Directv? That is a huge mistake. I want NFL Sunday ticket on Comcast. The NFL will be a complete failure until Roger Goddell lands the NFL package on Comcast. Comcast has 2x the market share as DTV has in Colorado. He really F'ed up. I have my ESPN. I have my P12 network. I just want the NFL package. When will the NFL agree to a lower rate across the board so they can be on all providers. I'm waiting impatiently....

Last edited:
Favored nation. You lower the carriage fee for DirecTV you lower it for everyone. You could conceivably lower revenue by adding 20 million subscribers.

From phone

Visibility could be improved further by not having games at freaking 8pm MT+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know who made a much bigger mistake than larry scott? Roger Goddell. How could he possibly allow Sunday Ticket to only be on Directv? That is a huge mistake. I want NFL Sunday ticket on Comcast. The NFL will be a complete failure until Roger Goddell lands the NFL package on Comcast. Comcast has 2x the market share as DTV has in Colorado. He really F'ed up. I have my ESPN. I have my P12 network. I just want the NFL package. When will the NFL agree to a lower rate across the board so they can be on all providers. I'm waiting impatiently....

i see what you did there

Nah, was just a leak from an apple site. Online, gaming consoles, etc. At least that's my take. Of its just apple, **** that.

Of course this actually hasn't been announced yet. With the season six weeks away, would think we'll hear about it soon?

From phone

This article reminded me to call and double check when my Directv contract expires. I will be free Sept 10th. Comcast and Pac12 network, here I come!

Keep holding strong Pac12! DirecTV scks anyway so don't give them a better deal than others. In the end it is us who would end up having to pay the premium.

So here is a question for you guys. If I leave Direct tv now I have to pay a $200 early termination fee. Is it better to donate $200 directly to the AD or give that money to direct tv and dump them for not having the pac 12 network?

So here is a question for you guys. If I leave Direct tv now I have to pay a $200 early termination fee. Is it better to donate $200 directly to the AD or give that money to direct tv and dump them for not having the pac 12 network?

Yes.

DirecTV. $200 vs. potentially over 3 million a year to the CU AD.

This is going to be embarrassing for the PAC. Horrible narrative for a conference that is just as good and deep imo.

From phone

DirecTV. $200 vs. potentially over 3 million a year to the CU AD.

This is going to be embarrassing for the PAC. Horrible narrative for a conference that is just as good and deep imo.

From phone

I think it depends on the deal. If they make it a premium channel (sec) where viewers have to order it as a premium channel it will not look that bad because Pac12 can play the card of looking out for the viewer's interest by not increasing their costs.

Said this many times before, but I really believe the Dodger and Laker networks are hurting the PAC negotiations. DTV is holding out with the Dodgers so far but already gave in to the Lakers. That is a ton off expenses for LA to carry. Adding the in footprint fee for the PAC and they are well over ten bucks a month for three RSNs

From phone

Said this many times before, but I really believe the Dodger and Laker networks are hurting the PAC negotiations. DTV is holding out with the Dodgers so far but already gave in to the Lakers. That is a ton off expenses for LA to carry. Adding the in footprint fee for the PAC and they are well over ten bucks a month for three RSNs

From phone

I've seen more dodger games this year by far than my friends who still live in la. It is all related. Huge price paid for the franchise and rights and they need the operators to pay them huge carriage. 2B for the clips tells you where prices are headed.

The big fly in the ointment is the nfl. Directv needs the nfl deal to get the sale to AT&T done, assuming they cns clear regulatory. That cost is impacting all decision making I speculate. NFL is making moves to open up and that is putting more pressure on the negotiations. I believe the p12 deal with directv won't get done until the nfl renewal and AT&T merger shake out.

Back