1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottom line: Dan Hawkins doesn't deserve to be called CU's head coach anymore

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Oct 26, 2010.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Stop with the excuses, stop talklng about Tyler Hansen's injury, Stop talking about Cody's feelings, stop talking about the upcoming beatdown against OU, and stop talking about his contract. The guy has disgraced this football program long enough with his piss poor coaching and if he had any class he would get his representatives to start negotiating a buyout with CU immediately so he can move on with his life without wrecking this program anymore with his weak leadership. He's stolen enough money from this university and he has given us 19 wins in 5 years.. 19 WINS.. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Now of course I understand the guy isn't classy enough to resign, so now I put the blame squarely on Bohn, Destaphano and Benson for allowing this train wreck to continue. Shame on them for putting the fans through another year of torture and no hope. If they truly cared about CU Football and its history they would understand that Dan Hawkins doesn't deserve to represent CU Football anymore. And don't give me PR reasons about the budget last year and all that bull****. Keeping Dan Hawkins around is about as bad as it gets in terms of bad publicity for CU. Now the guy is acting like a smug jackoff during Big 12 conference calls. Does anyone have any ****ing balls at CU? How about stepping up to the plate and getting rid of this guy? Is that too much to ask?

Bottom line is that Hawkins shouldn't be given the honor of coaching another football game on CU sidelines anymore. CU Football is bigger than Dan Hawkins. Its about ****ing time someone who runs things up there in Boulder realizes this. Its bigger than PR, its bigger than his contract, its bigger than what the lame media thinks and its bigger than the dip**** History professor who will bitch about Hawk's payout to the press. This is about the heart and soul of CU Football! Dan Hawkins doesn't represent any of that. Therefore its time to REMOVE HIM IMMEDIATELY FROM THE HEAD COACHING POSITION!

CUBuff98 likes this.
  2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

He doesn't give a **** anymore. Look at today's press conference. Smug ****ing asshole collecting his $$$$. Sick of his act and his awful coaching.

BOHN looks like a big wimp with NO BALLS. Sure, he'll replace him after the nebraska game, big deal, why not send a message to fans and recruits that this crap won't be tolerated anymore? Hell, just say he won't be back next season NOW.

3. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

That's what I don't get? How hard is it to step up, pretend like he's running a Div-I Athletic Department and say "We appreciate the effort that Dan Hawkins has put into this program but we have decided to go in a different direction. Coach Hawk will remain with the football team for the remainder of the year. Go Buffs!" How F****** hard is that?!

The plain and simple fact is that the future of CU Football is on hold and, as fans, we can expect the same level of mediocrity and apathy from the CU Athletic Department until Hawkins and possibly Bohn (unless he finds his spine) are gone.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

what really scares me is that Hawkins will go down and get absolutely mudholed in Norman on Saturday --- and then come back and win against KU, KSU, and ISU and the next thing you know CU is 6-5 going into the Nebraska game and Dan Hawkins is thinking he's coming back next year.

5. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I doubt it. This team has taken on a loser attitude and I think they've basically given up. We will probably eek out another win this season, but that's it.

6. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

What has CU done to date that makes you think they win against KU, KSU, and ISU? ISU just beat UT in Austin. Fricken ISU fan is making a road trip to Boulder knowing they are gonna kick our ass one time before the big 12 implodes. KSU with grandpa as HC will make the D2D look like he is coaching 2nd grade flag football, and the KU game is on the road, so we have less than a 5% chance of wining.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I certainly don't EXPECT CU to win those games with D2D at the helm ---- by why on earth would you even give him the OPPORTUNITY to do it?!?!!?

8. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

[​IMG]

....please wait while CU processes your request....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  9. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

****ing reptastic!

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

again.... if this were JUST Football... your post would have merit. Unfortunately, the football team is part of a university system. Maybe you should save that post for the Broncos....

11. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

"Therefore its time to REMOVE HIM IMMEDIATELY FROM THE HEAD COACHING POSITION!"

Obviously not going to happen....I'm sad and sorry for the state of CU football...I don't get the people at the top that seem to have no spine whatsoever! I'm a fan, but I'm not a die hard like all you guys that bleed for your school. The program is screwed and continues to be screwed because no one will step up and take charge. At least at USC, Pat Haden, et all are watching every single, little, tiny detail for anymore problems...and USC continues to work hard to put out the best football team on the field that they can, even with their hands tied. And because of that, the fans feels there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But CU just let's it go on and on without doing anything!

How frustrating for the real fans and supporters of the Buff football program.

12. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

That will not happen, KU maybe but with cu's road record how could we even think they'll win in kansas? ISU beat texas on the road,i'm sure they will beat cu. K-state will clobber cu. This team ruined any chance or hope of a bowl game the last 2 weeks at home.

13. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Calm down guys. You are all being emotional without thinking rationally. There are items on the CO ballot that could seriously cut state revenues and this could really kill the ADs of the CO schools in this state. Remember all the legislative action that allowed the Pac-10 move to be possible instead of the MWC? I believe CU is waiting until the election and whoever said that Hawkins would be fired probably didn't think about the ramifications of negative publicity just before the election.

Plus news of how much CU would owe wouldn't be good PR when the state is projected to be $1.1 billion in the red. I don't think Bohn or the admin is that dumb.

14. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I don't think they're waiting for the election results, those slash and burn amendments are not going to pass, polls show them losing in a huge way. They didn't pull the trigger last year because of politics, they have a football program to run. How much revenue will CU lose by continuing to sit on their hands?

15. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Jimmy you are spot on! This administration is failing miserably.

16. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Exactly. Perfect example why Hawkins should be removed after the OU beatdown.

17. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

No one at CU cares about football. They want it dead and that is why they keep Talkins. I guess we just have to get used to it.

Give all the players their release to transfer and just shut down this abomination of a program.