What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bottom Line: Game was lost in the 1st half

I agree on Ross.

Either Spruce or Fields makes that catch, and probably makes it look routine. For some reason, Ross either mis-read it or lost it momentarily, and tried to torque his body into an impossible position instead of just making the back shoulder catch.

The consistency of the offense sputtering out in the fourth quarter feels like as clear an indication of a coaching issue as anything.

One specific thing that bothered me beyond belief was when we had manageable yards to go for third down and we didn't put anyone in the backfield, despite the running game going so well. Even if you don't run it, keeping the defense honest makes Sefo 10x more likely to succeed.

I don't have the hate for Lindgren like some do. I thought he called the best game of the year, except for a few brain farts.

One thing that has been bothering me, that I haven't seen brought up yet. Our offense is predicated on what our OC sees and audibles (pretty much all of college football is this way now). When we get into close games, with limited time, our offense turtles like none other. I think this is an indication of an offense that can't improvise or does not have the knowledge too. At times you have to improvise and make your own calls/reads as an offense. We've seen time and time again when we get down to the end of the game, that no one seems to know what to do. I think that is my biggest issue with what our O coordinator and QB are doing. We seem to have pretty good game plans, we just can't seem to think for ourselves when the time comes. Its an issue that needs to be worked on, or at least fixed.

despite the red zone meltdowns in 1st half we still could have won the game. defense couldn't stop UCLA when we finally got the lead, and offense couldn't go down the field and score on the last 2 drives. that 4th and 4 on 2nd to last drive was a killer, let their DE get onto Sefo immediately after the snap. wasn't expecting us to go down and score with a minute left frankly because we don't have a history of making the plays to win on the final drive. also, the jet sweep wasn't a great call but if powell blocks the ucla player knifing in at least we don't lose all those yards.

I don't have the hate for Lindgren like some do. I thought he called the best game of the year, except for a few brain farts.

One thing that has been bothering me, that I haven't seen brought up yet. Our offense is predicated on what our OC sees and audibles (pretty much all of college football is this way now). When we get into close games, with limited time, our offense turtles like none other. I think this is an indication of an offense that can't improvise or does not have the knowledge too. At times you have to improvise and make your own calls/reads as an offense. We've seen time and time again when we get down to the end of the game, that no one seems to know what to do. I think that is my biggest issue with what our O coordinator and QB are doing. We seem to have pretty good game plans, we just can't seem to think for ourselves when the time comes. Its an issue that needs to be worked on, or at least fixed.

really good point. The 2 minute drill has been an issue for years now it seems like.

Yep. Because UCLA's coaching staff are stupid and never would've adjusted.
They never did. They had no middle LBs. Even the TV guys could tell their D-Line could barely stand up in between plays during the first drive of the third Q. You know, when we NEVER THREW A SINGLE PASS.

Tell me how their coordinators are going to adjust when they already have limited depth due to injuries, and the best they have can't even run?

The Nubs knew we were going to run Chris Brown up the middle almost every play, yet we still did it. That seemed to work. I'm not saying our Oline is the same, but I'm guessing this year's 3rd string MLB on UCLA isn't quite what Nubs MLBs were back then, either.

despite the red zone meltdowns in 1st half we still could have won the game. defense couldn't stop UCLA when we finally got the lead, and offense couldn't go down the field and score on the last 2 drives. that 4th and 4 on 2nd to last drive was a killer, let their DE get onto Sefo immediately after the snap. wasn't expecting us to go down and score with a minute left frankly because we don't have a history of making the plays to win on the final drive. also, the jet sweep wasn't a great call but if powell blocks the ucla player knifing in at least we don't lose all those yards.

The defense DID stop UCLA when we got the lead. Then Brian "turtle" lindgren went into "prevent offense" mode and gave the ball right back. A TD there makes it a 2 score game, and the whole thing is different. Can play to run clock, our pass rush can pin their ears knowing UCLA is throwing, etc.

The defense DID stop UCLA when we got the lead. Then Brian "turtle" lindgren went into "prevent offense" mode and gave the ball right back. A TD there makes it a 2 score game, and the whole thing is different. Can play to run clock, our pass rush can pin their ears knowing UCLA is throwing, etc.
Nailed it, bitch. No killer instinct, as usual. At least Sefo realized he screwed the pooch by badly missing a ****ing wide open receiver on third ****ing down. Not that I am bitter or anything.

Nailed it, bitch. No killer instinct, as usual. At least Sefo realized he screwed the pooch by badly missing a ****ing wide open receiver on third ****ing down. Not that I am bitter or anything.
This is a funny post, bitch.

Back