What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boulder/Campus Cops @ Sackygate

coach mac spent a second at our tail gate in lot 169 ( by practice bubble) said he would join us for a brat & beer after "we win"!... never been hassled in 169...although the number of tailgaters is waaaaay down over the years

For those that don't know the whole story - We have set up on the grassy area in front of Farrand Hall for years - like 8 years now. Some of the folks have been doing this much, much longer. I guess last year somebody (nobody knows exactly who, just "somebody") got a burr in his/her saddle and decided we were too close to the residence hall. So they decided to kick us off the grass. That was a pain in the ass, but there was a good sized sidewalk that we could use, and it was kind of a joke anyway. Then they put in a bunch of bike racks on the sidewalk, effectively eliminating all of the area where we really could set up. There's no space at all now. We decided we'd head over to the west side of the parking lot, next to Baker Hall, just East of the Music school. That was a nice spot, actually. We had some grass, and we weren't hassled at all. That was, until they decided to do a major renovation on Baker Hall and close down that parking lot. So we were pushed back to our old spot, along with a lot of other old-time tailgaters. We had gone through four games with no problem at all and then this week, Barney and Goober showed up determined to let us all know who the boss was.

It's infuriating. It's also clear that nobody really knows who ordered this little crackdown. I've heard everything from the Colorado Legislature to the department of housing. Frankly, I don't give a damn who it is, so long as he/she is told to go f**k himself/herself. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. I'm merely considering whether I really want to continue getting treated this way. If it's not the last straw, it's really, really close.

We tailgate over in lot 308 these days (the cheapo lot between Regent and Broadway) and we haven't been hassled once in the last two years. The cops walk by, and if they say anything at all it is about how we think the team is going to do...even with a couple of bottles of whiskey out on a table in plain sight. Those lots over by Farrand Field are a great location, but the proximity to the dorms is going to get you hassled. Downside for us, we had the official Cal tailgate set up right next to my car this Saturday. I'm still not sure how they got a parking permit for that lot.

Nobody can explain exactly why it's a problem to set up a tailgate next to a dorm. Nobody. Apparently it's a really bad thing, but not a single person can explain what we're doing that's so bad.

It's a bad example for the kids who are chugging handles of McCormicks and Evan Williams a few yards away INSIDE the dorm

Nobody can explain exactly why it's a problem to set up a tailgate next to a dorm. Nobody. Apparently it's a really bad thing, but not a single person can explain what we're doing that's so bad.

I can splain it to you, somebody doesn't want you there, that somebody can tell the corporate security guards to go make you go away in spite of no law or code / statue to cite. Welcome to Amerika comrad

CU message to Alumns trying to support the University:

"**** you Alumni !!! We know that only 8% of you even try to give back to CU (lowest in the PAC12), but we will determine exactly how and when you give. We don't really want you returning to campus, supporting the local economy, filling the beer-less football stadium to watch a piss-poor team, comingling with other CU grads and supporters, we really just want your ****ing check sent in because we can better determine where your money should be spent. Keep off the ****ing grass and **** you Alumni"

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_21814392/cu-boulder-aims-double-rate-alumni-giving-by

Well, it's been said that folks from the AD regularly monitor these boards. It would be interesting to see if they give this particular thread a glance, and actually act on it...

:lol2:

yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, either.

They won't - I sent many emails last year, and obviously nothing has changed.

Sacky, why don't you just make space between the sidewalk and the street by not pulling your car all the way in?

Sacky, why don't you just make space between the sidewalk and the street by not pulling your car all the way in?
If you read the rules posted above, no alcohol is allowed on the streets. Its one of them conundrums.

Quick story, hear me out....

I hope that CU Admin does read these boards from time to time.

When I was a student at CU I was awaiting office hours help for Organic Chemistry. While waiting, I overheard a conversation regarding the calibre of Graduate and Doctoral applicants for the program (presumably Chemistry). One of the voices commented that the windfall of these applicants coming from such dignified institutions was a nice surprise, and could anyone have predicted that boost following the Nobel Prize being awarded to Dr. (Thomas) Cech! The other voice then corrected the first saying that in the interviews, the most common comment about interest in CU's program had come following the attention and exposure that resulted from a Football National Championship!!.

I am dating myself, but the point is this; success on the Football field/athletics in general, has a far-reaching effect. Athletics is a common binding force. Not only are Alumni proud of their University (proud alumni= increased giving), but those never stepping foot on campus create a vision based on the branding and projection of the University. Nobel Prizes are magnificent awards for the University, but the effect of that on applicants and Alumni are miniscule compared to the prestige and exposure that comes from a National Championship (or even significant Bowl appearances) - That is just the society we live in.

A gift to the athletic department brings with it a multiplier effect of those dollars that can impact ALL aspects of the University. The marketing and branding resulting from athletics support and success is not linked to any specific major, emphasis of study, or even campus within the system for that matter - it is simply positive exposure. THAT is why I choose to give to the Buff Club, and THAT summarizes why I am so disappointed that the University I love so dearly, decides to be so nearsighted in their policies, to include the ignorance of the intrinsic value provided and deliberate hastling of tailgaters.

Quick story, hear me out....

I hope that CU Admin does read these boards from time to time.

When I was a student at CU I was awaiting office hours help for Organic Chemistry. While waiting, I overheard a conversation regarding the calibre of Graduate and Doctoral applicants for the program (presumably Chemistry). One of the voices commented that the windfall of these applicants coming from such dignified institutions was a nice surprise, and could anyone have predicted that boost following the Nobel Prize being awarded to Dr. (Thomas) Cech! The other voice then corrected the first saying that in the interviews, the most common comment about interest in CU's program had come following the attention and exposure that resulted from a Football National Championship!!.

I am dating myself, but the point is this; success on the Football field/athletics in general, has a far-reaching effect. Athletics is a common binding force. Not only are Alumni proud of their University (proud alumni= increased giving), but those never stepping foot on campus create a vision based on the branding and projection of the University. Nobel Prizes are magnificent awards for the University, but the effect of that on applicants and Alumni are miniscule compared to the prestige and exposure that comes from a National Championship (or even significant Bowl appearances) - That is just the society we live in.

A gift to the athletic department brings with it a multiplier effect of those dollars that can impact ALL aspects of the University. The marketing and branding resulting from athletics support and success is not linked to any specific major, emphasis of study, or even campus within the system for that matter - it is simply positive exposure. THAT is why I choose to give to the Buff Club, and THAT summarizes why I am so disappointed that the University I love so dearly, decides to be so nearsighted in their policies, to include the ignorance of the intrinsic value provided and deliberate hastling of tailgaters.

Sooooooo...get off the lawn?

What time did the police show up? The did not hassle us this week but did last game. Everybody in our area was walking by and kidding everyone else about the drinking. The lady who runs the parking in our area was sympathetic and mentioned how ridiculous things were becoming with the attitude towards tailgating. She also mentioned the police taking videos last game. No one cares any more...

What time did the police show up? The did not hassle us this week but did last game. Everybody in our area was walking by and kidding everyone else about the drinking. The lady who runs the parking in our area was sympathetic and mentioned how ridiculous things were becoming with the attitude towards tailgating. She also mentioned the police taking videos last game. No one cares any more...

I want to say it was about an hour an a half before the game started. Probably around 2 pm. Most of the cops were fine, but one cop was a huge asshole.

Barney & his minions showed up about an hour before kickoff

Officer M. Edford was a jerk. Is it a requirement for the police have poor communication/interaction with everyone they come across. A bit of friendliness goes a long way.

coach mac spent a second at our tail gate in lot 169 ( by practice bubble) said he would join us for a brat & beer after "we win"!... never been hassled in 169...although the number of tailgaters is waaaaay down over the years

We also have never been hasseled in 169. We park closer to the front of the lot by the grass between the lot and married studen housing. The kids always have a pretty decent game of touch football while we are tailgating.

We also have never been hasseled in 169. We park closer to the front of the lot by the grass between the lot and married studen housing. The kids always have a pretty decent game of touch football while we are tailgating.

I'm surprised the kids didn't attract the cops. They seldom miss an opportunity to slap an ice cream cone out of a child's hands.

Officer M. Edford was a jerk. Is it a requirement for the police have poor communication/interaction with everyone they come across. A bit of friendliness goes a long way.

yep, it felt like the other officers were almost embarrassed by edford's actions. that guy is going to unload on a minivan full of kids before too long.

Officer M Edford IS THE LAW!!!

I know this because he said so. Emphatically.

If you read the rules posted above, no alcohol is allowed on the streets. Its one of them conundrums.

Really, the problem is that they can hassle us no matter where we are. On the grass, on the sidewalk, on the street... Somebody just gave them the OK to hassle us for being on the grass. If somebody else, say, from parking services, decided that we were causing a problem being on the sidewalk, then we get the whole thing all over again.

It's time for the AD to grow a pair and tell these folks to F**k off, but they won't.

You should have kicked the M.Edford organ.

It's really weird, because even though M Edford IS THE LAW, he couldn't explain why we couldn't be where we were. I suppose that was the point where the law ends and the dickhead begins.

Back