What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
I think we have to be big Washington fans the rest of the season unless we see them in Santa Clara and can clinch the Rose Bowl ourselves.

If UW gets into the playoff as Pac 12 champ, it clears up the P12's Rose Bowl slot. Going by current bowl projections, Utah and WSU are projected for that as the second choice from the Pac 12. Washington has Utah next week and obviously has WSU in the Apple Cup. And we can do our part as we obviously have both of them at Folsom.

I think there's a real chance we can make the Rose. We have a bye to rest up and figure some stuff out, especially on special teams. 3 of our last 4 are at home and the sole remaining road game is against the weakest team we have left on our schedule.

I actually wouldn't mind the Holiday if it isn't the #1 choice, the Rose obviously is. Always liked that game and I've never been to San Diego either.

The Holiday Bowl projections are great and all, but in all honesty, we should be favored in all the rest of our games, save for the CCG. Win the games we are favored in and we WILL go to the Rose Bowl.

The Holiday Bowl projections are great and all, but in all honesty, we should be favored in all the rest of our games, save for the CCG. Win the games we are favored in and we WILL go to the Rose Bowl.
The ESPN squad seems to predict the bowl based on current standings rather than how they feel the season will wind up.

I think Utah will beat Washington next week.
Winner of PAC 12 championship will go to Rose.
I also think Washington state could represent the North in the title game

That's not what we want. We want to play an undefeated UW team in the CCG, that way we are going to the rose Bowl no matter what happens in that game, and potentially the CFP if the stars align.

You also had Alabama losing to Tennessee and Ohio State losing at Camp Randall.

That's not what we want. We want to play an undefeated UW team in the CCG, that way we are going to the rose Bowl no matter what happens in that game, and potentially the CFP if the stars align.

Pretty much. Washington wins comfortably in Salt Lake next week IMO.

Again, I disagree. We want Utah and Wazzu to win against everybody except UW and of course CU.

So we can potentially get screwed over if we lose to Washington in Santa Clara? Would you really trust the Rose Bowl committee to pick a 3 loss or even 4 loss CU over a 3 loss Utah?

So we can potentially get screwed over if we lose to Washington in Santa Clara? Would you really trust the Rose Bowl committee to pick a 3 loss or even 4 loss CU over a 3 loss Utah?
Well, my point assumes that CU wins out in the regular season and is either a 2 loss team after beating a top 3-5 UW team, or a 3 loss team after losing to uw. I would assume that after beating Utah and Wazzu, a 3 loss CU team would get in the Rose Bowl regardless

We want to be ranked ahead of everyone except UW, right? Utah beating UW and lurking around top 10 while we faced UW in the P12CG and lost is not in our interest as they'd be in position to take the Rose from us. No?

We want to be ranked ahead of everyone except UW, right? Utah beating UW and lurking around top 10 while we faced UW in the P12CG and lost is not in our interest as they'd be in position to take the Rose from us. No?

We want there to be little to no doubt that we're the clear second best choice to take the Pac 12's Rose Bowl slot.

We want there to be little to no doubt that we're the clear second best choice to take the Pac 12's Rose Bowl slot.
FIFY

Win out in the regular season, and I'm pretty sure that regardless of whether we win or lose the CCG we'll heading to Pasadena.

The teams playing in the Rose Bowl game will be the highest ranking teams from the Pac-12 Conference and Big Ten Conference that were not selected to play in a College Football Playoffsemifinal game. The teams will be officially selected by the football committee of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association on Selection Sunday on December 4, 2016, based on the final rankings by the CFP committee.

As Utah has a better recent track record than we do and is more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt, I think we'd really like them and WSU to have 4 losses just to make sure.

Why assume the Buffs would lose to Washington?

As long as we're fantasizing, how about an 11-2 champion team getting screwed out of the playoff and sending a message by destroying Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

I am looking for the easiest possible route to Pasadena. Beating a fringe top 25 and a top 15-20-ish team in our house sounds like a more feasible and easier route than upsetting a top 5 national title contender on a neutral field.

Back