What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Jeez...I just got my email for bowl tix as well... Okay, one thing I hadn't considered and I don't think has been discussed is the Cotton Bowl. They take 2 at large bids and historically have had top 10 to top 15 programs in the game. Since it showed up on the reservation form, I assume it's a possibility as well. How realistic is that? Can a PAC-12 program get an at large to the Cotton and take it instead of the Chicken Farm Bowl, let's say? (These bowl names are hysterical, but that's another thread discussion...)
That's actually a pretty good question.

Can the Cotton, a much higher profile bowl than the Foster Farms, Holiday and even the Alamo, sweep in and take a higher P12 team than they can?

If the money is higher, and I'm betting it is, I bet they can. . .

Dallas is a crappy bowl destination, but a lot cheaper/easier than most of the other options.

That's actually a pretty good question.

Can the Cotton, a much higher profile bowl than the Foster Farms, Holiday and even the Alamo, sweep in and take a higher P12 team than they can?

If the money is higher, and I'm betting it is, I bet they can. . .

Dallas is a crappy bowl destination, but a lot cheaper/easier than most of the other options.

For us as fans, yeah, but any excuse we can get to play in Texas is fine as a program. Here's the thing with playing in the Cotton this year: the Peach, Fiesta, and Cotton aren't contracted to take a team out of any conference in years they don't have semifinals. Given the Peach and Fiesta are semis, the highest-ranking G5 champ is going to the Cotton Bowl. I've argued on here that going to Vegas doesn't do us any good, and I'd say the same for that. Not only that, but Oklahoma or even Baylor will probably be available for the Cotton if they want them, so I don't think we'd be that attractive to them, and I don't want to play Boise State, Western Michigan, or any other group of five team in any bowl. I'd say we're better off playing the Big 12 team the Alamo takes (likely to be OU or Baylor) than that scenario.

One more thing-the Rose has to take the highest rated Pac 12 in the last CFP rankings if Washington is in the playoff, according to Wilner. Translation: If we go undefeated in November, we're going to at least the Rose Bowl regardless of what happens in the Pac 12 championship.

Last edited:
This may have been mentioned but when it comes to the Holiday, and Alamo they can pick out of order, say CU is ranked higher then Utah but they think Utah will but more tickets the Holiday can then take Utah over CU.

So if there are any season ticket holders on here that can reserve bowl tickets but can't go i'd love to buy them from you if you're willing to do that. Just throwing that out there if someone wants to help me out!!!

Translation: If we go undefeated in November, we're going to at least the Rose Bowl regardless of what happens in the Pac 12 championship.
Unless Utah or WSU knock off UW. If that happens, we'll have to win the P12 Championship to get to the Rose Bowl.

I'm a season ticket holder but have a baby due on December 26th. We've got two of four seats, pretty sure the other half of the group is traveling for the holidays, but I have at least two I can reserve and sell. Would want to be guaranteed I get my full cost back, even if prices end up being cheaper on secondary market or through public sales.

Just excusing why as a Buff season ticket holder, I would be willing to give up my bowl tickets.

Buffsrocks, shoot me a message and we can work something out. Happy to help put a buff fan in the seats at the bowl game.

Just excusing why as a Buff season ticket holder, I would be willing to give up my bowl tickets.

Buffsrocks, shoot me a message and we can work something out. Happy to help put a buff fan in the seats at the bowl game.
On the bright side, I think the mods have enabled the PM signature function to accommodate contracts.

Reactions: SBG
Looks like 7 bowl eligible teams this year from the Pac. UCLA could make it an 8th, but that involves beating 1 of @ CU USC at home and winning @ Cal. Depending on what Washington does, it could mean someone gets shipped out to a non-Pac affiliated location, although we should be well above that, though it's not always a bad thing to experience a bowl you wouldn't otherwise usually see. That's a problem we don't have to worry about having not seen any since 2007.

God I am glad to be bowling again and while the Pac12 needs to add another decent matchup (I'd like to see a Pac/SEC matchup) we've got some really nice options in the Holiday and Alamo if the Rose doesn't work out. Both those bowls have excellent traditions. It's that ****ing Foster Farms I want no part of. Location is fine. Playing B1G is fine, but they've got to do something about that name. I'd even prefer the Sun Bowl over Foster Farms just based on the Sun having a history and a name that doesn't sound like a game between the 4th place Sun-Belt and 5th place MAC like Foster Farms. Sponsors are fine, but add in a name to go along with it.

I think Washington drops at least one between Utah, USC and Wazzu.
USC is their toughest game left, IMO. They get that one at home, though.
CU just needs to take care of business. (God, it seems like forever ago that we were able to say that with a straight face)

On the bright side, I think the mods have enabled the PM signature function to accommodate contracts.
Not quite yet. You have to send something via certified mail. As soon as the sucker other party in the transaction signs for the mail, the contract is valid.

I think Wazzu/Washington is a toss-up.
I don't.
Watch Wazzu closely. This is not a great team. UW is. UW is fundamentally sound across the board. They don't beat themselves and have a lot of playmakers that can beat you.

I don't.
Watch Wazzu closely. This is not a great team. UW is. UW is fundamentally sound across the board. They don't beat themselves and have a lot of playmakers that can beat you.
More importantly UW can bring pressure with 4 and use those backers to defend those quick passes.

I don't.
More importantly UW can bring pressure with 4 and use those backers to defend those quick passes.

More importantly than any of this

When has a pirate led team ever held it together to win big games against top competition once it matters. Leach builds fun teams to watch but what has he ever won?

I don't care about Leach at all. He's funny but that's about it. The Rose Bowl, now we're talking. If we get that bid, please have Jackson broadcast it, that would be ****ing allsome.

More importantly than any of this

When has a pirate led team ever held it together to win big games against top competition once it matters. Leach builds fun teams to watch but what has he ever won?
They came close once ever, knocking off #1 Texas in November to ascend in to the Top 5, as I recall. They followed it up by beating #9 OSU, then lost to #5 OU the week after. They then lost to a 25th ranked Ole Miss squad in their bowl game.

It took having Michael Crabtree to throw to for them to be even close to winning the games that matter, and even then they couldn't pull it off.

Reps for the Alamo Bowl were at the game on Thursday
could there possibly be a better job than a bowl scout? travel around the country watching college football games, and you're not even accountable for assessing player talent?

Back