What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
I know, we aren´t eligible yet, but here´s what the "experts" say

ESPN

Ivan Maisel

Valero Alamo
(Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 No. 4/5) Illinois vs. Colorado

Mark Schlabach

Texas
(Big 12 No. 8 vs. C-USA) Colorado vs. UTEP

College Football News

Texas Bowl
Dec. 28 / 8 p.m. NFL Network
Tie-Ins: Houston, Texas
Big 12 vs. C-USA
Projection: Colorado vs. Houston

I have never been to a bowl game before. My bro and I are pretty much set on going this year, no matter where they end up.

I have been to two bowls. The '88 Freedom Bowl vs. BYU and the '91 Blockbuster Bowl vs. Alabama. Both losses:sad1:

I went to the '93 Fiesta vs. Syracuse and the '90 Orange Bowl vs. ND. Both losses.

I have been to two bowls. The '88 Freedom Bowl vs. BYU and the '91 Blockbuster Bowl vs. Alabama. Both losses:sad1:

Ouch. I watched that Blockbuster Bowl with family down in Alabama (most of them big time Tide fans). Weird to see the Buffs playing a different offense.

I went to the '93 Fiesta vs. Syracuse and the '90 Orange Bowl vs. ND. Both losses.

Damn, you were a year early twice.:smile2:

Damn, you were a year early twice.:smile2:

No wonder it was so easy to find a seat.:lol:

Actually, the O bowl was 1/1/90 following the '89 season and the Fiesta was 1/1/93 following the '92 season, but your point is well taken.

Ouch. I watched that Blockbuster Bowl with family down in Alabama (most of them big time Tide fans). Weird to see the Buffs playing a different offense.

Story about the Blockbuster bowl.

My family had christmas vacation on the beach in Naples, Florida and after that we went to the Blockbuster bowl. We had been out of town all week so didn't know that Mac had changed the offense. We were just in total shock of the change at the game, it was like we were watching a different team.

Also, that was the year CU and NU tied for the Big 8 championship and because CU had been to the Orange Bowl the last two years, Nebraska went. There were some husker players in their letter jackets at the Blockbuster bowl sitting right in front of us. Do you know who they cheered for? Bama. Another reason on my long list of why I hate the fuskers.

No wonder it was so easy to find a seat.:lol:

Actually, the O bowl was 1/1/90 following the '89 season and the Fiesta was 1/1/93 following the '92 season, but your point is well taken.

I think what Boulder meant was the year after the '90 OB, the buffs went back and won. The year after the '93 Fiesta bowl, the buffs went back and won. So you were a year early both times as far as seing the buffs win.

I think what Boulder meant was the year after the '90 OB, the buffs went back and won. The year after the '93 Fiesta bowl, the buffs went back and won. So you were a year early both times as far as seing the buffs win.

Oh now I get it. Well, I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake. Thanks for the cue unleash.:thumbsup:

That's what I was going for Leash. Thanks for clarifying my post.:thumbsup:

That Blockbuster Bowl was just a weird game. My dad at halftime: "What the hell is this offense we are running?":lol:

I've been to the 2001 Fiesta Bowl (I still hate Joey Harrington with a vengeance), the 2002 Alamo Bowl (I hate U-Dub), and the 2004 Houston Bowl.

I wanna go back to the Alamo :p

oooooh! please come to the alamo bowl so I can drive downtown and be a Illinois fan :D :D

:lol: go for it! it is not like it would be a strange and unusual sight seeing a tard in fusker gear at a game where they are not playing. :thumbsup:

:lol: go for it! it is not like it would be a strange and unusual sight seeing a tard in fusker gear at a game where they are not playing. :thumbsup:

i'll have to make sure to bring a bag o pee, just in case we see the toad in red.

At this juncture, the possibilities are endless. Everything from a BCS bowl (unlikely) to no bowl at all (improbable, but possible). We'll know a whole lot more after the next three weeks. Go 2-1 or 3-0 in those games and a Cotton Bowl or Holliday Bowl bid isn't completely out of the question depending on what some of the other schools do. 1-2 or 0-3 and we're just hoping to find somebody who will take us.

Insight.com Bowl: Colorado VS. Northwestern

I'd like to go to Tempe! :cool:

I was in the Real Orange Bowl when the Buffs won it all. :smile2:

I really liked the mascot and it foreshadowed my enrollment later that year.

I have beeen to

1996 Holiday :smile2:
1995 Fiesta :smile2:
1993 Fiesta :sad1:
1991 Orange :smile2:
1990 Orange :cry:

Hard to believe it's been 11 years since my last bowl game.

90 & 91 Orange
95 Fiesta
02 Fiesta
and the cold & wet Cotton Bowl victory over Oregon-

leat I've seen more 'W's' than 'L's'

I was at the '91 Blockbuster Bowl - only time I've ever rooted against Alabama.
I was also at the '93 Fiesta Bowl and hold Mitch Berger responsible for that loss to this day.

I was at the '91 Blockbuster Bowl - only time I've ever rooted against Alabama.
I was also at the '93 Fiesta Bowl and hold Mitch Berger responsible for that loss to this day.

I guess I don't remember that Fiesta Bowl all that well. What happened?

Very close, Sacky. Berger missed two PATs and a 20-yard field goal and we lost by 4, 26-22. Not that I remember it very well...:smile2:

Figure it is time for a bump to this thread.

ESPN
Maisel
Insight
(Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6) Colorado vs. Purdue

Schlabach
Brut Sun
(Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Notre Dame/Big East) UCLA vs. Colorado

CBS Sportsline
Insight
(Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6) Purdue vs. Colorado

Dallas Morning News
Insight: Colorado vs. Illinois

College Football News
Texas Bowl
Big 12 vs. C-USA
Projection: Colorado vs. Tulsa

I have beeen to

1996 Holiday :smile2:
1995 Fiesta :smile2:
1993 Fiesta :sad1:
1991 Orange :smile2:
1990 Orange

Hard to believe it's been 11 years since my last bowl game.

Impressive list! I'd have done anything to be at the two Orange bowl National Title games :thumbsup:

My list goes as follows (being a band geek, I got to go to several)

2001 Fiesta Bowl
1996 Holiday Bowl
1995 Cotton Bowl
1994 Fiesta Bowl
1992 Fiesta Bowl

I'm stoked for the Buffs to be considered for a bowl this season. I'm really hoping they could pull off the Holiday Bowl but I know that's a bit of a longshot.

Figure it is time for a bump to this thread.

ESPN
Maisel
Insight
(Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6) Colorado vs. Purdue

Schlabach
Brut Sun
(Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Notre Dame/Big East) UCLA vs. Colorado

CBS Sportsline
Insight
(Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6) Purdue vs. Colorado

Dallas Morning News
Insight: Colorado vs. Illinois

College Football News
Texas Bowl
Big 12 vs. C-USA
Projection: Colorado vs. Tulsa

How does anyone figure we are the BIG 12 No. 6 team. After OU, who we beat, and KU I think it's a toss up between MU, KSU and CU for 3rd.

Back