1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bowl Projections

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Daaah, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm wondering what people are thinking about the Buffs possible bowl destinations. Discounting which games you think we can win, and which ones you think we can't, where do the Buffs end up (and who do we play against as a bonus) if the Buffs:

1)Win out beating OSU at home and beating Neb in Stinklon.

2)Lose to OSU and beat Neb.

3)Beat OSU and lose to Neb.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

1) Insight

2) Texas/Stay home

3) Texas/Indy Bowl

3. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Wish the Buffs could come up here and play Boise state in the cheickn fried steak truck stop bowl - that would be a good game

4. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Okay? No idea why my post was deleted off of this thread? :confused:I think if both you and KU finish 6-6 they may get picked in front of you since you lost to them. I guess it all depends on who travels better................

5. BuffaloScott

BuffaloScott Member

We all know that's CU. Hell, if this game was in Russia we would probably get 50,000 there.:rolleyes:

6. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

1) Insight
    2) Texas
    3) Texas

There is NO way we are staying home at 6-6.

7. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Lol. WE travel better>!!!? i think we have one of the WORST traveling fan bases in the Nation. i remember when we were playing oregon in the late 90's and we only sold about 1/4 of our allotted tickets. Kansas get's picked over us.

8. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

CU travels very well.... to some areas. When we played USC and UCLA several years ago we had 10K plus in the stands. When we went to ASU last year there was a fair number of people. But CU will not travel well to the east coast cause we have no alumni base there

9. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Obviously, it would depend on the bowl destination then on how you guys would travel. If it's a warm destination I would think you would obviously travel better.

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

You would think, but not so. Why leave the sunshine of Boulder? As a fanbase we don't travel well, and many of the excuses are the same that we offer for not filling the stands on Saturday.

Boulder's just a tough place to leave. I left, and I regret it pretty much every day.

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Considering the Big XII has 8 bowl slots, 9 if there are 2 Big XII teams in the BCS as there should be, and that ISU and Baylor are already out of bowl contention and KjSU and aTm would pretty much need miracles to get there, I think it's safe to say that IF we get to 6-6, there will be a bowl game. :thumbsup:

Buttermaker likes this.