What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boycott Until Hawk is Gone

Should have been "boycotting" since the Toledo game. That was the time when it was obvious how Dan's time as CU coach would end.

If you know the guy isn't "the guy", then why continue with him?

im a current CU student, and as frustrated as we all are boycotting wont do anything.
we all know he is going to be fired, and we all know the season is over.

its not fair to these kids to no go and show them support.

I will be attending the game as i have since i was 9. its my duty as a student, no matter how much it hurts watching them. We all out it to scotty and co.

we are just as involved in this rebuilding process. we will be having these players next year and years after when hawk is gone. we gotta show them we support them!

hawk will be gone, but the players wont. Go buffs

Taking the kids and going to meet up with friends and tailgate, enjoy the familiy day out and pull hard for the Buffs to win. We may not renew next year (I was convinced this year by a good friend when I had decided to not) but will use the tickets to our last 2 Big 12 home games.

Its amazing how easy it is to be the "AD" when you are on the outside looking in. I didn't hear a huge uproar when Hawkins was extended. Bohn would have fired him last year but was over ruled for reasons that go way beyond what you think.

Yeah, because extending a guy before he'd put together a winning season was a real smart decision.

I'm not talking about last year. How about after Hawkins embarrassed CU on national tv...again? Or how about after the biggest collapse in the history of the program? How about after/because he disrespects his own players by turning his back on them when they kick a FG (he did it last week and this week).

Their only reason for not getting rid of him last year was the money. They made a business decision that they would make more money by paying him for another season and risking it that you people cant take off your black and gold colored glasses. The boycott should have happened after the Toledo game for it to have prevented this year. At this point it is obvious that they have to get rid of him as they are seeing good ticket sales but only because they are damn near giving them away for free at this point. Next year they won't be able to start selling high and then go down in price as the season goes on. Next year they will start out at rock bottom and have no where to go which means they need something to enable them to sell tickets over the summer for high prices like they usually do.

No point in boycotting. All you will do is miss a good opportunity to tailgate.

However, I do understand the sentiment. I wrote last week that there better be MAJOR changes coming soon. In the form of coaching, money support from the university, everything. By all reports this will happen, but I will believe it when I see it. Make no mistake this is a professional sport and to compete you need to spend money and take action.

We were all so certain that Hawkins was going to be fired last season and were very excited when a press conference was called as we were just sure that it was to announce that Hawkins had been fired. Then it didn't happen. We don't KNOW why it didn't happen, we just have conjecture and speculation as to why he didn't get canned last year. Once that happened, I opted to not buy season tickets for this season as the only voice they listen to is that of the almighty dollar.

We can continue to talk all we want about how it is a slam dunk that Hawkins is being fired after this weekend's debacle, that it is inevitable, how changes are happening. I'm sorry, did I miss the press conference where the words "Dan Hawkins has been terminated as head coach of the University of Colorado football team" were uttered? No??? Well until I actually see that happen, I won't buy into it. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Thus, my boycott continues. If he actually fires him this week, I'll gladly go to this weekend's game. Sorry to the players, but the university treats this as a business decision, and I will too.

We were all so certain that Hawkins was going to be fired last season and were very excited when a press conference was called as we were just sure that it was to announce that Hawkins had been fired. Then it didn't happen. We don't KNOW why it didn't happen, we just have conjecture and speculation as to why he didn't get canned last year. Once that happened, I opted to not buy season tickets for this season as the only voice they listen to is that of the almighty dollar.

We can continue to talk all we want about how it is a slam dunk that Hawkins is being fired after this weekend's debacle, that it is inevitable, how changes are happening. I'm sorry, did I miss the press conference where the words "Dan Hawkins has been terminated as head coach of the University of Colorado football team" were uttered? No??? Well until I actually see that happen, I won't buy into it. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Thus, my boycott continues. If he actually fires him this week, I'll gladly go to this weekend's game. Sorry to the players, but the university treats this as a business decision, and I will too.

^^that

Back