What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boyle's gonna kick some butt

Here are the 2 interviews from the article. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;hLE1srlrJ2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLE1srlrJ2g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;lodjrwYIBeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodjrwYIBeI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Tunks doesn't look like he put on any weight to me, but I think they were really generous with listing him at 225 last year.

Does anyone else think our expectations are a little too high? It's still hard to imagine this team making a tourney run like predicted. I'd be happy with a NIT invite.

I know I sound a bit negative, but this is Boyle's first year. He's going to be changing things up, and we're supposed to go into the BIG12 without a decent big and win?

:huh:

Last edited:
Does anyone else think our expectations are a little too high?

:nod:

We have whiffed on a LOT of higher class recruits this year. Boyle is good, and he somehow got us into these kids top 2 or 3, but he is still human. If we have a good year this year, I will be pretty excited to see how he recruits. But ya, we are probably still gonna go .500 in conference :lol:

:nod:

We have whiffed on a LOT of higher class recruits this year. Boyle is good, and he somehow got us into these kids top 2 or 3, but he is still human. If we have a good year this year, I will be pretty excited to see how he recruits. But ya, we are probably still gonna go .500 in conference :lol:

A decent non-conference record and .500 in the Big XII should get us into the tourney. If Tad can produce a tourney team this year along with us going into the PAC next year he should be able to get the ear of a lot of recruits.

I am interested to see if he can come in and stamp this team with an identity that recruits can look at and say "I want to be a part of that."

Does anyone else think our expectations are a little too high? It's still hard to imagine this team making a tourney run like predicted. I'd be happy with a NIT invite.

I know I sound a bit negative, but this is Boyle's first year. He's going to be changing things up, and we're supposed to go into the BIG12 without a decent big and win?

:huh:

No I don't. The expectation this year should be the NCAA Tournament.

This team wasn't far from winning 8/9 conference games in probably the best conference in the country last season. It may have been the strongest the Big 12 has been.

During the OOC a more experienced team would have found a way to close out the games against Gonzaga, Arizona, and Oregon State.

The only players we lost were Thorne and Hornbuckle.

With Higgins, Burks, and Relphorde the points will come just like last year. Difference is Boyle's system calls for crashing the boards harder and playing tougher defense than Bzz's did. I believe we'll see Harris-Tunks, Dufault, and Eckloff play more aggressive down low, and hopefully Roberson can put in quality minutes underneath.

Honestly imo, this year's team isn't much different than the one we had during Chauncey's sophomore year. One special player with a good supporting cast. Anyone remember Charlie Melvin???? And we're worried about Harris-Tunks? :lol:

This team wasn't far from winning 8/9 conference games in probably the best conference in the country last season. It may have been the strongest the Big 12 has been.

During the OOC a more experienced team would have found a way to close out the games against Gonzaga, Arizona, and Oregon State.

With Higgins, Burks, and Relphorde the points will come just like last year. Difference is Boyle's system calls for crashing the boards harder and playing tougher defense than Bzz's did. I believe we'll see Harris-Tunks, Dufault, and Eckloff play more aggressive down low, and hopefully Roberson can put in quality minutes underneath.

Honestly imo, this year's team isn't much different than the one we had during Chauncey's sophomore year. One special player with a good supporting cast. Anyone remember Charlie Melvin???? And we're worried about Harris-Tunks? :lol:

I would've agreed with you if we still had Bz. Boyle has come in and installed a new offense to run and I expect some kind of learning curve. Now factor in they should be learning in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. Keep in mind Tad Boyle had only one winning season while coaching N. Colorado.

This isn't the Big Sky conference Mean Jean!
hulk-hogan-02.jpg

I'd be happy with an NIT bid.

The words "expectation" and "NCAA tournament" should never be uttered in the same sentence when it comes to CU basketball. :lol:

Back