1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyle's gonna kick some butt

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoBuffs!!, Oct 20, 2010.

1. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Here are the 2 interviews from the article. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;hLE1srlrJ2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLE1srlrJ2g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;lodjrwYIBeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodjrwYIBeI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I can't wait.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Tunks doesn't look like he put on any weight to me, but I think they were really generous with listing him at 225 last year.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

That's only 3 1/2 lbs per foot.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Does anyone else think our expectations are a little too high? It's still hard to imagine this team making a tourney run like predicted. I'd be happy with a NIT invite.

I know I sound a bit negative, but this is Boyle's first year. He's going to be changing things up, and we're supposed to go into the BIG12 without a decent big and win?

:huh:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

We have whiffed on a LOT of higher class recruits this year. Boyle is good, and he somehow got us into these kids top 2 or 3, but he is still human. If we have a good year this year, I will be pretty excited to see how he recruits. But ya, we are probably still gonna go .500 in conference :lol:

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

A decent non-conference record and .500 in the Big XII should get us into the tourney. If Tad can produce a tourney team this year along with us going into the PAC next year he should be able to get the ear of a lot of recruits.

I am interested to see if he can come in and stamp this team with an identity that recruits can look at and say "I want to be a part of that."

9. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

No I don't. The expectation this year should be the NCAA Tournament.

This team wasn't far from winning 8/9 conference games in probably the best conference in the country last season. It may have been the strongest the Big 12 has been.

During the OOC a more experienced team would have found a way to close out the games against Gonzaga, Arizona, and Oregon State.

The only players we lost were Thorne and Hornbuckle.

With Higgins, Burks, and Relphorde the points will come just like last year. Difference is Boyle's system calls for crashing the boards harder and playing tougher defense than Bzz's did. I believe we'll see Harris-Tunks, Dufault, and Eckloff play more aggressive down low, and hopefully Roberson can put in quality minutes underneath.

Honestly imo, this year's team isn't much different than the one we had during Chauncey's sophomore year. One special player with a good supporting cast. Anyone remember Charlie Melvin???? And we're worried about Harris-Tunks? :lol:

10. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I would've agreed with you if we still had Bz. Boyle has come in and installed a new offense to run and I expect some kind of learning curve. Now factor in they should be learning in one of the toughest conferences in the nation. Keep in mind Tad Boyle had only one winning season while coaching N. Colorado.

This isn't the Big Sky conference Mean Jean!
    [​IMG]

11. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

I think your team will struggle to make the NIT. JMO.

12. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

lol you are clueless

13. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Quick, name 5 players

14. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

I'd be happy with an NIT bid.

The words "expectation" and "NCAA tournament" should never be uttered in the same sentence when it comes to CU basketball. :lol: