What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2012-2013

I'm so glad Lunardi went through the trouble of putting this together before most teams have even started practicing. That was good use of his time.

I'm so glad Lunardi went through the trouble of putting this together before most teams have even started practicing. That was good use of his time.

It is literally the only thing Lunardi does. WTF else is he going to spend his time on? :lol:

And he'll back it up by saying that's how things stack up *right now*. Umm, hello? Right now nobody has played a single game. Most teams haven't even started practicing yet.

So Lunardi picks UCLA, Arizona, Cal, Oregon and Washington ahead of CU and Stanford?

It's early, but I'd be surprised if CU and Stanford ended up 6th and 7th in the final standings. Oregon, in particular is perplexing. I'm sure they're going to be competitive but they're very young with few key returning players from last year. Similar story with Washington with the loss of Wroten and Ross. Huskies still have a lot of talent, but not sure they'll be to overcome the loss of those two players next year.

So Lunardi picks UCLA, Arizona, Cal, Oregon and Washington ahead of CU and Stanford?

It's early, but I'd be surprised if CU and Stanford ended up 6th and 7th in the final standings. Oregon, in particular is perplexing. I'm sure they're going to be competitive but they're very young with few key returning players from last year. Similar story with Washington with the loss of Wroten and Ross. Huskies still have a lot of talent, but not sure they'll be to overcome the loss of those two players next year.

I thought UW would be a team to watch this year, but losing McLaughlin really hurts. They're going to be lacking scoring punch this year. In addition to them and Oregon, I don't see Cal that high either. Wallace was a nice pickup, but they're just so thin again this year. They'll go 5 or 6 deep, but they really need someone to step up and strengthen that bench. Overall, I think we're much deeper and more athletic than Cal.

i don't know if we are an NCAA team, but wouldn't take much for the Pac to have a strong year...with us a maybe and Lunardi (who i think is a bit of a tool, all his terminology comes from the early days of Jerry Palm's website...which he used to do for free when HE was the first one to start picking the bracket at like 98% within one seed)....has Cal and UO on the bubble. some wins OOC here and there and Pac could have 5 or 6 teams in the tournament.

I kinda like being snubbed by the hacks. I think it reinforces the chip-on-the-shoulder attitude of the team.

This. Plus, and I realize I sound like a broken record, we lost a good chunk of last year's team. The new players are talented, and after seeing them I'm a little more optimistic, but there are still a lot of questions.

The bigger problem with Bracketology to me is the fact that he has UCLA as a 1 seed. I think UCLA is going to be one of the most disappointing teams in the nation this year. They'll still dance, but they're going to be closer to a play-in game than they are a #1 seed.

This. Plus, and I realize I sound like a broken record, we lost a good chunk of last year's team. The new players are talented, and after seeing them I'm a little more optimistic, but there are still a lot of questions.

The bigger problem with Bracketology to me is the fact that he has UCLA as a 1 seed. I think UCLA is going to be one of the most disappointing teams in the nation this year. They'll still dance, but they're going to be closer to a play-in game than they are a #1 seed.

I hope not. Best thing for the Buffs would be if UCLA (and Arizona) go undefeated in the OOC.

Would love to see the buffs go undefeated in OOC. The only one truly worries me is KU. If we beat them we will be a top 25 team.

If we get out of this season's OOC schedule with less than 4 losses, count your blessings.

Aside from the tournament I see 1 for sure loss but most likely 2 losses.

@KU
@Wyo

could very easily lose two in that tourney though

[video=youtube;ZFU5YnNIGuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFU5YnNIGuU&feature=related[/video]

This game gave me the faith that, with Tad you can never count out this team

Last edited:
Probably 5-5 or 6-4 at the finals break. Very strong possibility to get swept in the @Wyo/CSU/@KU swing Dec 1-8.

Back