What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

Definitely not buying KSU as a #8 seed. They lost their best two scorers, and unless they get huge contributions from very under the radar freshmen, that team isn't going dancing. I'd be surprised if they are higher then 8th in the Big XII. That's just a reputation selection by Lunardi.

Not buying Oregon as a #4 seed, especially with the recent suspensions.

I think I'm the only one a little skeptical of Okie Lite. I'm just not sure I'm buying them as a top 8 team, despite what they offer on paper. We'll see

That would be a solid draw, but I cringe at thinking what we would look like playing wisco. Even with the new foul rules.

Minnesota, Wichita State and Wisconsin would not be the worst draw around

Wichita State would be tough, but Wisconsin would bend us over. They are the type of team that we wouldn't' want to face. They are like a talented Wyoming.

Yeah, I'm with tante on this one. That's not a preferable draw (except for Minny).

Would love to play Duke in Anaheim again but hate the Florida draw. That team is going to be very dangerous come tourney time.

Minnesota, Wichita State and Wisconsin would not be the worst draw around

I have to disagree. I think this draw is great, other than Wisconsin. Minnesota is a soft Big-10 team with a new head coach and Wichita State is overrated in my opinion. They haven't been as dominant as people expected so far. I think their high ranking is a hangover from their deep tourney run.

I like the bracket. If we did end up a 6 is there a different 3 someone would like to play based on the current bracket? And I agree with SECO, watch out for Mizzou.

so a couple of thoughts:

CU and UCLA both a 6 seed (one of these school's RPI is not like the other)

So we will have a damn good resume if some of these school hold up their end of the bargain. Here is our resume:

Non-Conference:
Kansas (WON!!!)
Baylor (LOST)
Elon (WON!!!)
HAaaavad (WON!!!)
Oklahoma St

Conference:
Arizona
Oregon
UCLA
Arizona State
*** Note WTF Pac:12 north schools how long are the south schools going to carry you?

That is a damn good resume. We should all be thankful we play the Washington school twice this year and not someone like Oregon who can expose our 3 pt field goal weaknesses.

Any chance Cal/Furd sneak in?

Wisconsin may not be #4 in the country but they're a very good team. Wisconsin is capable of scoring more this year, but they're more than happy to revert to winning a game 48-38 if necessary.

As a Wisconsin Alum and someone who has seen every game they've played except for the few that conflicted with a CU home game, I can tell you that catching UW as a 2 seed in the tourney would be a gift from heaven.

Without going into a full scouting report (which I'll be happy to do if they actually meet in the dance), Wisconsin has played a schedule that has maximized it's good features while hiding it's flaws. UW is credited with having one of the toughest NC schedules in the country, but only because they have not played crap teams, not because they have played good ones. Florida is the only really good team they have played, and FL was missing two starters and had a couple of guys just returning from serious injuries. UW has been favored to win every game they have played so far. CU's win over Harvard is a better win than any of WI's all season. Don't even mention KU or Baylor or OSU.

The other 2 seeds in that bracket are Duke, Michigan State, and Okie Lite. From a CU fan's perspective, there isn't a team you'd rather see in that bracket until you get to the 5 seeds.

I gotta disagree on wisconsin, their rpi is 3 (SOS rank of #10). They have beaten Florida, St Louis, West Virginia, Virginia and Marquette. I think what they do best is force other people to play their style of ball. They are so good at execution at both ends of the floor. I have watched a few of their games and while I think the #4 ranking is high, I do feel that they are definitely a top 25 team, who will be battle tested by the time the dance rolls around. I guess the biggest thing that scares me is they have 5 guys that shoot 39% or higher from 3. With our lapses in defense, it could hurt us pretty bad.

I gotta disagree on wisconsin, their rpi is 3 (SOS rank of #10). They have beaten Florida, St Louis, West Virginia, Virginia and Marquette. I think what they do best is force other people to play their style of ball. They are so good at execution at both ends of the floor. I have watched a few of their games and while I think the #4 ranking is high, I do feel that they are definitely a top 25 team, who will be battle tested by the time the dance rolls around. I guess the biggest thing that scares me is they have 5 guys that shoot 39% or higher from 3. With our lapses in defense, it could hurt us pretty bad.

The thing is that all of those teams were ranked near their absolute peak at the time they played UW, and they have all fallen since then, some precipitously (Marquette, UVA.) Two of Wisconsin's three top 50 RPI wins came against teams ranked 49 and 50, and who could well be out of that range this week. WV is 93 and falling, and Marquette is 91 and plays New Mexico on Saturday as the warm up to CU-OSU at the MGM Grand.

Wisconsin's resume could look one hell of a lot different this time next week even if they are still undefeated (which they will be.)

Just forget about helping on D if the ball is in the paint (Ben Mills could guard Wisconsin's 7-footer in the paint no problem) and defend that perimeter like they are playing a team of Jimmer's and Steph Curry's and Reggie Miller's.

Wisconsin's win over UVA will look more valuable in March than it does now. UVA has had trouble figuring out how to manage depth but it will come together. Too much talent for them to stay like this for long. I have a hard time seeing any B1G teams Wisconsin can't hang with. Sparty has looked quite vulnerable and the Buckeyes are good but not unbeatable.

Wisconsin may not be #4 in the country but they're a very good team. Wisconsin is capable of scoring more this year, but they're more than happy to revert to winning a game 48-38 if necessary.

Wisconsin is a game I would be very concerned about

Wisconsin is a game I would be very concerned about

Don't seem to be as lethal as they usually are from 3. Haven't checked their season stats but they were horrid against UVA. Bad news is they still won by 10. Once teams get down to Wisconsin they seem to panic a bit and players try to do too much, and that just plays right into Wisconsin's hands.

It's fun to look at and think about, but using Lunardi's regions is pointless. He's really good at figuring out the teams that will be in (anyone who pays attention to RPI nowadays can get most of them right), but he hasn't done as well with placement and potential match ups.

Back