What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

3 years in a row gentlemen. And this year with a young team.

It's something else, isn't it? Longest active streak in the Pac. Appears CU will be one of only 24 programs to have made the Dance from 2012 to thru 2014 (and that number will shrink in a hurry if we keep it going another year or two. Gets very, very small by the time a program reaches five consecutive).

It's something else, isn't it? Longest active streak in the Pac. Appears CU will be one of only 24 programs to have made the Dance from 2012 to thru 2014 (and that number will shrink in a hurry if we keep it going another year or two. Gets very, very small by the time a program reaches five consecutive).

It is unreal how far we have come. Most of us remember those single digit win seasons and days with 1000 or so fans in the stand. We are getting close to the point where high school kids only remember us being in the dance. Our next step will be a deep run.

It's great to get into the tournament again. Roll Tad. In a Spencer-less situation, success will be winning the first game. Gravy and dreams beyond that.

For all of you worried about facing a 2 seed if we win game one in the tourney, see 2011 when 2 2 seeds got bounced out in the first round (and one last year). I'm not saying we will be that fortunate but its march. No 16 has ever beat a 1.

I know this isn't the year most likely, but I am looking forward to finally making a run. I'm as happy as the next person about the consecutive tourney streak. It would really raise some eyebrows if we could make it to the sweet 16 or beyond.

3 years in a row gentlemen. And this year with a young team.
Very impressive for this program -- given that at one point, just making the Tourney for one year seemed like a pipe dream -- also considering it's sans Spencer and it should be four years.

For all of you worried about facing a 2 seed if we win game one in the tourney, see 2011 when 2 2 seeds got bounced out in the first round (and one last year). I'm not saying we will be that fortunate but its march. No 16 has ever beat a 1.
There's a certain randomness and unpredictability of the Tourney that makes it so great. Realistically speaking even without seeing the draw, winning a second game is going to be likely be very difficult. Just winning a single game will likely be tough. Anything can happen though.

So is it just me or have the Top seeds basically backed into their spots this year?

So is it just me or have the Top seeds basically backed into their spots this year?

I think it's just you. The only potential 1-seed that it would be sort of fair to say "backed in" would be if Villanova got the nod. They took their only bad loss all season this week.

A 10 seed might be preferable to an 8/9, depending on who the corresponding 1 seed is.

Palm has CU an 8 playing Kansas State in Orlando. Winner plays Florida, this is the one we really want to avoid.

Lunardi has CU a 10 playing Gonzaga in Milwaukee. Winner plays Wisconsin.

Bracket Matrix averages CU out as the second 9 seed.

10 in Raleigh, 10 in Raleigh, 10 in Raleigh, CVille, Carolina, OU, everybody now! 10 in Raleigh....:smile2:

I have no idea how that shakes out, but I have the clear to go (taking the fam) if the Buffs are just down the road.

10 in Raleigh, 10 in Raleigh, 10 in Raleigh, CVille, Carolina, OU, everybody now! 10 in Raleigh....:smile2:

I have no idea how that shakes out, but I have the clear to go (taking the fam) if the Buffs are just down the road.

10 seed in Raleigh win a game and face 2 seed UVA? It would be a longgggg week of waiting

2-seed Duke's bracket. :thumbsup:

Duke is not unbeatable by any means, but their ability to launch the 3 against our perimeter defense would be frightening. I'd probably give us a better chance against Duke than UVA though, although both chances are small.

10 seed in Raleigh win a game and face 2 seed UVA? It would be a longgggg week of waiting

Would be a nice Buffs contingent there and I'd be happy for you guys.

Tough draw in that one, though, since it will be the best 7. I highly doubt that CU will come in as the last 10. Never know, though. We'll probably be in the play-in or something.

Tough draw in that one, though, since it will be the best 7. I highly doubt that CU will come in as the last 10. Never know, though. We'll probably be in the play-in or something.

About 90% of brackets have CU in the 8-10 range on Bracket Matrix, but there is a smattering of 7's and 11's. It would be criminal to put CU as an 11, but given we're a western program that no one seems to know anything about other than "Dinwiddie is injured", who knows. Our resume frankly warrants a 7 seed.

Speaking of injury, we'll see what they do with BYU. Collinsworth tore his ACL against Gonzaga.

It would be awesome to get CU play a tournament game in this part of the country for us in this region. We missed out on a shot to be place in Greensboro 2 years ago but there weren't any 6-11 games there and it worked out great for our fanbase playing in Albuquerque.

Back