What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology 2013/2014

We are now listed as a 10 seed. Wouldn't be a bad place to finish but at this point, I am more concerned with making the tourney than anything else.

We are now listed as a 10 seed. Wouldn't be a bad place to finish but at this point, I am more concerned with making the tourney than anything else.
Yep, I'll worry about seeding later. Right now, I'm just concerned about making it. I don't think 7-10 makes too much difference for the first round, much more about the draw.

Yep, I'll worry about seeding later. Right now, I'm just concerned about making it. I don't think 7-10 makes too much difference for the first round, much more about the draw.

Lunardi has us as one of the last four byes. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think we'll do better than that. If we finish as top 4 or 5 in the conference and beat UofA we should have the strength of schedule and the quality wins needed to get in with an 8 or 9 seed. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes during Selection Sunday, but the committee may dock us for not having Dinwiddie. However, if we finish off the season by winning 2 games at home and 2 games away, we should be a lock for a decent seed and not one of the last four byes. A Buffs victory over UCLA would probably do wonders for us in terms of seeding, huge opportunity if we can pull off a road sweep here.

Lunardi has us as one of the last four byes. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think we'll do better than that. If we finish as top 4 or 5 in the conference and beat UofA we should have the strength of schedule and the quality wins needed to get in with an 8 or 9 seed. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes during Selection Sunday, but the committee may dock us for not having Dinwiddie. However, if we finish off the season by winning 2 games at home and 2 games away, we should be a lock for a decent seed and not one of the last four byes. A Buffs victory over UCLA would probably do wonders for us in terms of seeding, huge opportunity if we can pull off a road sweep here.
Winning four games should be about the status quo, maybe a little above. 3 games probably below. 5 games would be a definite upgrade.

From CBS Sports, we're "on the fence."

The Buffaloes have wins over Kansas, Oregon and Harvard, all of which came at home, and all of which came before the season ending injury to star Spencer Dinwiddie. Colorado needs to reprove themselves to the committee now. They have four road games in the final six, so the real test is ahead.

Lunardi now has us projected with the Tarheels as the 7-10 pairing. NO THANK YOU.
Not too concerned with our projected opponents other than because it's fun to talk about, we still haven't locked down a spot even. I'm more concerned where we are seeded than anything else.

Eh I watched the UNC vs FSU game last night. They really don't scare me. Obviously extremely well coached, but they make some really boneheaded mistakes. They barely pulled out the win against a team that apparently has no idea how to play defense.

However, I would personally love to get that 8/9 seed if we could pull Wich. St. as the 1 seed. I think we could make a little run in that scenario.

Last edited:
I know it's complete conjecture this time of year. I think our talent (not experience or team cohesion) is on par or better than the top, say, 30% of the projected field, but Carolina is absolutely loaded. They're a head case team, but one of the few teams out there that can purely out-athlete the Buffs. Just a bad match up for us, like UCLA. IMO.

1 Seed: Arizona
5 Seed: UCLA
9 Seed: Cal
9 Seed: ASU
9 Seed: Stanford
10 Seed: Colorado

Not sure I understand the Cal/Stanford love at this point. But it is obvious lunardi still doesn't trust us, post dinwiddie. We can do some big damage to that perception this week.

From Jay Bilas (Insider)
50. Colorado Buffaloes (Previous ranking: 54)

With Spencer Dinwiddie in the lineup, this would be a team to watch in March. Without him, you have to admire the fight, because Colorado will not quit. The Buffs have won four of five.

Lunardi has us as a 9 seed after the win. Now set to face VCU in the South. Meanwhile, ASU stayed at a 9 in the midwest.

Do not want VCU. Was talking to TZ about this on twitter. We have a pretty valid argument to be seeded higher than KSU, Umass, Pitt, and Memphis.

Do not want VCU. Was talking to TZ about this on twitter. We have a pretty valid argument to be seeded higher than KSU, Umass, Pitt, and Memphis.

We need to avoid them at all costs. See last 2 min of USC game for reasoning. Honestly, I'd rather a 10/11 seed instead of a 9

That be good revenge from 2011 Selection Sunday, even if they're argument was bolstered by the Final Four run.

That be good revenge from 2011 Selection Sunday, even if they're argument was bolstered by the Final Four run.

Sure. Whatever they can use for motivation they should use.

Personally, I was much more upset about the Penn State and USC selections that year.

That whole bracket is full of nope for us as a #9 seed.

even if we beat VCU in the first round, having to play UF in the second??? **** that. Especially in Orlando.

we need to move up or move down, no question. My guess is that we will probably move up a bit by the end of the year. hoping for win vs az, @ utah & split in the bay area.

I would be fine with an 8 or 9 seed, as long as we are in the Wichita State bracket. I think a power conference team can take the shockers. No offense to our resident shocker fan.

we need to move up or move down, no question. My guess is that we will probably move up a bit by the end of the year. hoping for win vs az, @ utah & split in the bay area.

Hard to see us getting above a 7 seed, so it's going to all remain about the same unless we stumble or get snubbed into an 11 or 12

Hard to see us getting above a 7 seed, so it's going to all remain about the same unless we stumble or get snubbed into an 11 or 12

If we can win 3 of these last 5 and advance in the Pac-12 tourney, I expect our RPI and closing record to push the Buffs into a 6-seed or better. It helps that there simply aren't many teams in the west that are justified as sub-8 seeds. Zona, UCLA and SDSU with CU, Gonzaga, New Mexico and ASU lurking. That's light for the MT & PT zones.

If we can win 3 of these last 5 and advance in the Pac-12 tourney, I expect our RPI and closing record to push the Buffs into a 6-seed or better. It helps that there simply aren't many teams in the west that are justified as sub-8 seeds. Zona, UCLA and SDSU with CU, Gonzaga, New Mexico and ASU lurking. That's light for the MT & PT zones.

We'd deserve higher, I just feel like this Spencer thing is going to hold us back despite the evidence we keep compiling to the contrary. We're always going to be the "injured Buffs".

Back