What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brackets Hypothetical Question

How far are you obligated to put the Buffs/(your team) in a pool and still be a fan?

• WIN IT ALL.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Championship game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Four

• Elite 8

• Sweet 16

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Round of 32

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Its all about the cash, or I don't ever bet on the Buffs.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Bone Buff

Club Member
Club Member
Lets say you are in a pool that may or may not have a reward of some value based on how well you predict the results of this years basketball tournament which you have to pay a small fee to enter.

How far are you obligated to put the Buffaloes to still qualify as a fan?

Discussion for entertainment purposes only, allbuffs, Bonebuff do not endorse office pools or the like.

For real money, use your knowledge of the Buffs to gain an objective advantage. Whether it's a 1st round exit or Final Four run, you need to make your picks with the fan card put away.

Poll added. I was trying to come up with funnier answers than that, but it almost quitting time at work.

I always make a one bracket for no money that I have the Buffs winning it all, just so I can have it off of my conscience when I make the real ones.

I always make a one bracket for no money that I have the Buffs winning it all, just so I can have it off of my conscience when I make the real ones.

I do the exact same thing. Have one where you show irrational blind fan support just so you have others where you play it straight.

None of you are true fans! Championship F'ers!

Honestly, I usually knock them out early. That way if they lose I can have a win on my bracket to console myself.

btw, this is also why I never bet on the Buffs. I can't handle it. If I bet against them and they lose, do I celebrate? If they lose but I cover, am I supposed to be a little bit happy? What if they win but don't cover, does it ruin it for me? I just can't compartmentalize this stuff well enough to bet on Buffs games.

I think you put them as far as you believe they could go, no obligations....the tough part is differentiating true believe vs. the crazy fandom excitement of what you believe they could acheive

I have them in the Elite 8....so obviously I probably didn't differentiate very well

Back