1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brad Bedell Leaving for UNC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Mar 6, 2010.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Ralphie Report is reporting the Brad Bedell is heading to Greeley to be the OL coach at UNC. It's probably good for him from a career standpoint but I really liked having a great buff with NFL experience on staff. He will definitely be missed I think.
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    That's great news for the Buffs, actually. Maybe not this year. But definitely long-term. Brad needed to cut his teeth somewhere else as a position coach if he was ever going to get that job at CU.
  3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    My thought exactly. I am virtually certain that we will have a new coach at the end of this season. If Brad does well at UNC he will be in excellent position to be a candidate to return with the next staff. A new coach is going to want to start with "his" staff and clean out the staff that is there. I see Cabral as a candidate to stay if he wants with Ambrose seemingly liked by Cabral and others if he recruits well he may stay. The odds are going to be against anyone else on the staff at the time of the change sticking around.

Bedell can build a little resume, show that he can perform the job, and be right up the road using his CU history as a point of entry into the interview process for the next staff. Of course hopefully all final staff decisions will be made by the new coach but for long term prospects with CU Brad may be better of in Greeley this year.
  4. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I'm in the same boat with all of you. Same thing as Ryan Walters.
  5. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Skyler Fulton leaving the program too. Was hoping he'd stick around to help with the passing game this offseason.