What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking Down Phil Steele's 2011 All-Pac-12 Team

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Jon Woods

Our favorite college football oracle has released his preseason all-Pac-12 teams and it's an interesting, yet somewhat sobering list. Phil Steele's 2011 college football preview will hit shelves on June 7 and the author is releasing bits and pieces of the issue as we get closer to that date.

via www.philsteele.com

Take a look at the Buffs that made it and reactions after the jump...

</div> First, let's take a look at the Buffs that did make the list.

1st Team:
Ryan Miller, OG

2nd Team:
Rodney Stewart, RB
Will Pericak, DT

3rd Team
Ryan Deehan, TE
Ethan Adkins, OG
Josh Hartigan, DE

4th Team
David Bakhtiari, OT

Thoughts:
- Ryan Miller will most likely be first team on all of these lists. He's poised for a breakout year in a big way.
- Along those lines, it's nice to see three o-linemen make the teams. Talk about a key for our offense, if this line can open holes for Speedy and give Hansen time then that side of the ball could surprise.
- Speaking of Speedy, what an eye opener it is to see the lack of running back talent in this conference. Not a whole lot after Polk, James and Stewart. Quite the departure from the Big 12 isn't it?
- Good to see Deehan there, but where is Paul Richardson? He even has Kenjon Barner on the 4th team in a receiver spot. Richardson is going to surprise a lot of people in this league, especially if Toney Clemons can up his game enough to take some pressure off of Paul.
- Like Phil said in another post, interesting to see Pericak make it to the second team when there is a decent chance he won't start. I like that Hartigan is there and it wouldn't surprise me if Obi made it as well when the year is over.
- Ouch, no LB's, no CB's, no S's. That is downright scary. The linebackers don't worry me, but we still may want to prepare for some shootouts this year...

What do you guys think? Other misses?

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Obi, Major and Richardson will all probably be on the list at year-end, IMO. I'm really hoping to see Polk have a breakout year. He's one of my favorites.

Uzo-Diribe is our most talented D-Lineman. He is on none of these lists (obvious) but I could see him having a BIG break out year.

Richardson may find tough sledding against better competition. Not saying he won't do well again (he will), but top-to-bottom the PAC has better athletes in the secondary and at WR.

Major is starting to remind me of Biekert, and if he bones-up on his cover chops he should be on all-conference and AA lists.

Some of our DL might make a move. I don't think the OL talent outside of the top 3-4 teams in the PAC is quite up to Big XII standards.

We desperately need someone to step up who can cover the deep middle. The slot receivers in the PAC will murder us.

i am more interested in the post season all pac 12 team. that is where the money is. preseason is precrap! :smile2:

well, kinda serious. preseason is nice to have. post season means something.

I don't entirely buy the writing off of Pericek, he did a pretty good job last year and is still learning how to be an interior D-lineman. He is long and talented with good mobility and came to us as a TE so is still developing. I am excited about Obi coming on and Cunningham is a solid guy but I'm not ready to put Will on the bench.

He hasn't done enough yet to deserve mention on these list but I do think that Polk has the talent to blow up and end up getting some recognition, Major as well.

Big surprise, I didn't see any of our kickers on the list.

agree about Pericak. he's not 1st team type, but could creep into a 3rd or HM type accolade. Polk's problem is he might not have much help from his DB mates so our team passing D stats may take some shine off him. i think healthy, Major is a good bet. would love to see one of our TE's position himself for next year's list with a nice 2011. otherwise, Speedy, PRich, Miller are the best bets (not in that order)....as i've posted before, i've seen Miller running by himself in the afternoons on the practice fields...lack of trying won't be a problem with him. i think he puts himself solidly in the draft this season.

still not sure what to think about Clemons.

Back