What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

breaking news on espn - pelini the man for nu

What the fu*k are you smoking?

maybe a four loss arkansas? that could be what he is smoking.

stats are a funny thing. looking at stats alone (such as the top rated offense in the nation) how would you predict the outcome of the cu-tech game? some here said they were going to roll us. did they?

sometimes, stats aren't worth the paper you could wipe a fusker's bottom with.

stats are a funny thing. looking at stats alone (such as the top rated offense in the nation) how would you predict the outcome of the cu-tech game? some here said they were going to roll us. did they?

There not everything but they give an indication where a program is at and perhaps what kind of matchup your in for. They are also and indication that the scheme works and that they are recruiting the right players.

For example the top five in total defense are all top 25 teams

Rank Name Games Plays Yds Avg TDs Ydspgm Wins Losses Ties
1 Ohio St. 12 756 2703 3.58 15 225.25 11 1 0
2 Southern California 11 748 2938 3.93 22 267.09 9 2 0
3 LSU 12 793 3347 4.22 30 278.92 10 2 0
4 Virginia Tech 12 809 3424 4.23 22 285.33 10 2 0
5 Clemson 12 787 3565 4.53 26 297.08 9 3 0

While the team we played most recently had no chance of rolling us.

Rank Name Games Plays Yds Avg TDs Ydspgm Wins Losses Ties
108 Baylor 12 930 5539 5.96 54 461.58 3 9 0
109 Central Mich. 12 930 5547 5.96 61 462.25 7 5 0
110 Syracuse 12 908 5625 6.19 53 468.75 2 10 0
111 Tulsa 12 949 5661 5.97 54 471.75 9 3 0
112 Nebraska 12 941 5722 6.08 60 476.83 5 7 0
113 UAB 12 900 5851 6.50 53 487.58 2 10 0

Good luck Bo. :smile2:

In all seriousness I'd expect that number to move up very fast if Bo is hired. NU has talent. Kevin Cosgrove's scheme wasn't very good and they had a very unagressive players on the DL and DE.

Football is a two sided game. Offenses are going to score. It is incumbent upon the DC not to win the game but keep the other teams offense in check. It's the job of the offense to win the game. As we know all too well from 2006 you can have the best defense arround but without offense were gonna suffer. Every mNC team had one or two close games. Miami in 2001 barely beat VT and allowed them, FSU, and Pitt to each score over 20 points on them.

Paper?? They use dried up corn husks, from what I have heard.:wink2:

I bet Pelini will talk to Watson about staying on unless he really has one guy targeted to be his offensive coordinator. You have to think he's going to get some major financial backing to target who he wants for his assistants.

This just seems funny to me. Bring in a new head coach to get back to D and keep some part of what you had the past few years for O. Kind of feels like trying to get the best of both worlds which could either work out or be disastrous.

I would be shocked to see Watson not stay, Jim Grobe's son told me that in his interview with Dr. Tom that TO told him that he would be expected to retain the offensive staff. Also, TO wanted to have some input in the program and future staff hires, etc.

They have the third ranked defense (total defense) in all of college football. What the fu*k are you smoking? Pellini's D was 4th last year, then 3rd, then 3rd.

He doesn't suck.

I'll show you what the fu*k I am smoking, since October they have given up:

24 to Florida
37 to Kentucky
24 to Auburn
34 to Alabama
10 to La Tech
24 to frigin Ole Miss
48 to Arkansas

That is 28 points per game, ja&ka%s......

24 to Florida
37 to Kentucky
24 to Auburn
34 to Alabama
10 to La Tech
24 to frigin Ole Miss
48 to Arkansas

43 Florida (19 under)
27 Kentucky (10 under)
24 Auburn (Even)
26 Alabama (8 over)
21 La Tech (11 under)
20 Ole Miss (4 over)
39 Arkansas (12 under)

Really not that bad.

I think passing up on people that have done more with less like a Turner Gill or a Paul Johnson is a mistake to take a guy that has done less with all that talent.

Well, people around the country consistently get a stiffie for Stoops and his defenses. He lost to a 6-6 CU team and gave up 27 points. They also gave up 34 in a loss to an average Tech team.

But I think OU still has a very good defense - and their defensive rankings show that. So does LSU. LSU is still ranked that highly in the national rankings even after those bad outings.

I would be shocked to see Watson not stay, Jim Grobe's son told me that in his interview with Dr. Tom that TO told him that he would be expected to retain the offensive staff. Also, TO wanted to have some input in the program and future staff hires, etc.

really? I'm happy for Watson and co, and there was nothing wrong with that offense this year. Still, I'm surprised that an AD would dictate who has to be on the staff. After all, it's Pelini's career at stake.

so far as the 5 of 6 stat, i think that the offense has something to do with that, don't you think? unless the defense held each of these teams to zero points. did that happen?

as for translation to nu, time will tell. do you have the caliber of athlete? and who is going to be running the offensive side of the ball?

Sure offense has to with that. NU's offense was pretty good this year, huh?

Does NU have the same athletes as LSU, nope. But they have talent, and they are in a MUCH softer conference.

Sure offense has to with that. NU's offense was pretty good this year, huh?

Does NU have the same athletes as LSU, nope. But they have talent, and they are in a MUCH softer conference.

SOFTER conference? Nobody in the SEC could beat either Mizzou or KU!

Typical MWC fan! So used to watching that inferior product, he can't tell the difference any more!

Typical MWC fan! So used to watching that inferior product, he can't tell the difference any more!

Oh ****ing please. You cant be serious. Nobody in the ****ing B12 (especially the B12 North) plays defense. The SEC is widely regarded as the toughest conference in the country, has been for years. If you dont think LSU is able to beat Mizzou or KU, you are on something.

looks like we better go get a mobile QB, Bo peeps defenses are getting shreded by them.

24 to Florida
37 to Kentucky
24 to Auburn
34 to Alabama
10 to La Tech
24 to frigin Ole Miss
48 to Arkansas

Not to throw fuel on a [mostly estinguished] fire, but I think that what's going on here is what something that Billy Beane (Oakland A's GM) talks about: taking snapshots. It happens when people are evaluating pitchers; they're likely to remember an instance or several instances of the pitcher getting destroyed rather than looking at the player objectively. This leads to cherry-picking the data (see above post).

You have to look at the entire picture (#3 in total D, and the high ranking in scoring D) and also the context of the cherry picked data(Glenn Dorsey's been playing hurt; Nose Tackles, imho, are the most important part of Defenses. A lack of a decent D Tackle is also why the Broncos have had terrible defenses recently, which is neither here nor there:) ).

IMHO, I think that he's running a pretty damn good D this year, but the flip side is that he's got really good talent down there in Baton Rouge. To me, the verdict is out on this hire until next season; I really could see it going either way. BUT, I did think the same thing about the Cally hire.

Just my .02

Georgia would beat Mizzou and KU. But you're right, the Big 12 is not a soft conference.

Georgia would beat Mizzou and KU. But you're right, the Big 12 is not a soft conference.

Any chance we might get a UGA/KU matchup? I'd love to see that game.

So who's in for sure?

LSU - SEC champ
Va Tech - ACC champ
USC - Pac 10 champ
OSU - Big 10 champ
WVU - Big East champ

And who does that leave?

B12 champ and who else?

So who's in for sure?

LSU - SEC champ
Va Tech - ACC champ
USC - Pac 10 champ
OSU - Big 10 champ
WVU - Big East champ

And who does that leave?

B12 champ and who else?

It was just said that if OU wins tonight, it might be OU/KU in the Fiesta. That would suck.

So who's in for sure?

LSU - SEC champ
Va Tech - ACC champ
USC - Pac 10 champ
OSU - Big 10 champ
WVU - Big East champ

And who does that leave?

B12 champ and who else?

Georgia is in. Kansas is in. Hawaii is in if they beat Washington tonight. Arizona State will probably make it with a win.

Separated at Birth: Bradford/John C Reilly

BRADFORDSAM150_5-9.jpg

Chicago (2007) Amos Hart: She's got him covered in a sheet and she's telling me this ****-and-bull story about this [dirt] burgular, and how I ought to say it was me 'cuz I was sure to get off. 'Help me Amos', she says, 'it's my Goddamn hour of need'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back