What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: Texas AD Dodds stepping down

Because the national media will not overrate Texas to the extreme level they do Notre Dame. For all the breaks they get, ND always has a tougher schedule than most teams with a conference. Do you think Texas would agree to play 3 Big Tens, 3 Pac-12s, an ACC, the top 2 service academies, and Oklahoma in a season? No, and if they choose to go with a lesser schedule then a 1 or 2 loss Texas will not get special BCS consideration at the end of the year. Much easier to get in by winning a weak conference than go independent.

i hope they give mack brown another 10 years. they can have an assistant coach shove his hand up mack's ass like he's a ventriloquist's dummy in about 2 more years. it will be much like the end of the bear bryant era.

Granted, I'm using an antiquated argument bringing up the BCS, but what is the strength of Texas' national brand? Solid, but it's not Notre Dame. Given the religious appeal, it may not even be BYU. We've seen the LHN falter. I don't think Texas going independent with a BYU schedule appeals to anybody outside of Texas themselves. They'll play OU and a handful of regional teams but they won't regularly schedule A&M or any other top draws from old conferences. Another BYU with Texas-sized hubris on the national scene won't do much for the bulk of America.

Because the national media will not overrate Texas to the extreme level they do Notre Dame. For all the breaks they get, ND always has a tougher schedule than most teams with a conference. Do you think Texas would agree to play 3 Big Tens, 3 Pac-12s, an ACC, the top 2 service academies, and Oklahoma in a season? No, and if they choose to go with a lesser schedule then a 1 or 2 loss Texas will not get special BCS consideration at the end of the year. Much easier to get in by winning a weak conference than go independent.

Meh. I just see them doing a slate of SDSU, Montana, Eastern Michigan, ect, going undefeated and pumping their chests about how they should be in the hunt for a National Championship run. Kinda a Nebraska deal. Play crap teams all year save one game, promote your 10 win season and politic your way into the MNC game.

I could see them going independant. Play ND, BYU, Oklahoma and a bunch of schools who want a paycheck.

They will get a certain amount of free credibility from the bowl system simply because they have a big money fan base. In the regular season imagine the amount of money they would generate from a series against ND, and they wouldn't have to share it with anyone but ND. Put that game in Jerryworld and make millions.

There will always be teams willing to go to Texas and play for a paycheck. They sell out for N. Texas so the money isn't a problem.

In the end I don't know where they will end up but whatever they do it will be because they figure to get the best deal for UT, which is how they always do things.

Here would be the kicker for Texass could do but probably won't

Independent in football.....become the 12th basketball school in the Mountain West so that their basketball team can become like Gonzaga....dominate the MWC, become big time rival with UNLV and San Diego State in hoops and then have 5 marquee non-conference match-ups each year.

Nah makes too much sense....Big XII without Texas would be tolerable for me....add Cincinnati to replace Texas and maybe try to get Houston and SMU to jump from the AAC to Big XII

....or they could stay in the Big XII with the other schools that tolerate their ****.

Tolerate you say?! I disagree! Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Baylor - they LOVE Texas. They know how the bread gets buttered. Nobody tunes in to the Big 12 to watch Kansas, Iowa State, etc. Those teams raked in $22+ million dollars from the TV money this last year. They wouldn't get anywhere near that money anyplace else. Those presidents/AD's aren't stupid. They know who is making the money.

Tolerate you say?! I disagree! Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Baylor - they LOVE Texas. They know how the bread gets buttered. Nobody tunes in to the Big 12 to watch Kansas, Iowa State, etc. Those teams raked in $22+ million dollars from the TV money this last year. They wouldn't get anywhere near that money anyplace else. Those presidents/AD's aren't stupid. They know who is making the money.

And they are more than willing to bow down and keep kissing as long as the $$$$ keep coming.

I want to see Texas steal Saban away from Bama in the largest coaching contract ever.

I don't see any way that Saban leaves Bama' but I sure can see him using the possibility to get a contract that he wouldn't have otherwise.

He doesn't have to have any intention of leaving, he just has to make the Bama' booster's think it is a possibility.

This is shocking! If there is one thing that will get Mack Brown fired, it's this:

Adam Beard ‏@ABeezy_15 6h Texas student section did not sell out this year for the Red River Rivalry game. 1st time ever for UT. Dayummm...

(credit to rward on Rivals for finding this)

Back