What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brick Wall of Victories

Why would playing Air Force have anything to do with a "governor's cup"? Air Force is not a state school.

Big time college football?? Idk that type of thing usually works with three schools and Air Force has been the best football program in the state for a while now. Figure they should be included

Big time college football?? Idk that type of thing usually works with three schools and Air Force has been the best football program in the state for a while now. Figure they should be included

But you're calling it a "Governor's cup?"

Just odd that you include a private federal school in your "Governor's cup". JMO.

(Before anyone says anything, I realize calling a school "private" does not go together with it being federally funded.)

Last edited:

Just odd that you include a private federal school in your "Governor's cup". JMO.

(Before anyone says anything, I realize calling a school "private" does not go together with it being federally funded.)

Ah I see what you are saying. I was using the Governor's Cup as more of a reference. But some type of state title or state trophy is what I am getting at.

I also agree with what is said about playing the falcons instead of the rams. Would be a better matched game and if we lost it wouldnt hurt to bad since Air Force is playing good football at least the past few years they have been.

"Centennial Cup" then. All 3 schools are physically located in the Centennial State.

My thing with the CSU game is that if you're going to play it, then you need to treat it like a rivalry game and make it meaningful. If you don't and they care more than we do, then we set ourselves up for upsets.

So, unless you see us canceling that series going forward, I suggest embracing it and wanting our players to make a point of getting their "4 CSU bricks" while they're here and not being one of the guys who only has 2 or 3.

Wasn't this mostly a financial thing? I sure hope that with PAC-12 income we won't need to keep this non-sensical, non-home-game-for-anyone thing going.

Wasn't this mostly a financial thing? I sure hope that with PAC-12 income we won't need to keep this non-sensical, non-home-game-for-anyone thing going.

If the Rivalry is going to continue I think it should be a home and home. Invesco is cool for a gee whiz kinda thing. Unless it sells out there is no point. The lack of college atmosphere in denver ruins the game IMO. This past year was just boring.

If the Rivalry is going to continue I think it should be a home and home. Invesco is cool for a gee whiz kinda thing. Unless it sells out there is no point. The lack of college atmosphere in denver ruins the game IMO. This past year was just boring.

the problem with home and home is it costs us something like 800K in missed revenue to play at Hughes.

CSU should not be a brick game. There should be some sort of trophy/cup. How about we bronze Cam's head to put on our mantle year in and year out? Agree with Mick on this one.

they already have a trophy they pass back and forth with the winner engraved on it for each year

Unless CSU gets it's act together, and fast, this contract will very likely be the last one. These are two programs heading in vastly different directions at this juncture. With the Pac 12 scheduling 9 conference games per year, we'll want that extra OOC game to play with. The contract was signed when we were still operating under the auspices of an 8-game conference schedule. With a 9-game schedule, that CSU game is less attractive.

I suspect Utah is going to have a similar issue with their game against BYU. They want to play it. There's a lot of political pressure to play it, but reality is a bitch.

Back