What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bring Beer back to Folsom/Keg

See skibum's post. Have you younger buffs not had alcohol related deaths on game day?

I've been trying to think of how best to respond to this, and it's mostly eluding me.

Skibum's plan to forward a "Safety First" message is probably a good one. And I do believe that WVU's observation that alcohol related incidents go down with the sale of beer.

But ultimately students will be students. We can't change that. And for economic reasons--and just because--they will still binge before games and sneak in booze. We can't count on changing that with beer sales. It just is.

You can drink all the beer you want right now in the luxury suites, anybody who can't afford this should not be allowed to drink beer.

You can drink all the beer you want right now in the luxury suites, anybody who can't afford this should not be allowed to drink beer.

I can drink all the beer I want at the tailgate, too. I suspect they'd rather have me inside the stadium than outside it - particularly when the game is being played.

Its a good idea banning alcohol at games in order to keep student from getting drunk.

I would stop smuggling my flask into games. Especially if they sold spiked hot chocolate when it got cold. I bought that at the Denver Zoo at Zoo Lights, so I'd think that it's not too over-the-top for a football game.

I would stop smuggling my flask into games. Especially if they sold spiked hot chocolate when it got cold. I bought that at the Denver Zoo at Zoo Lights, so I'd think that it's not too over-the-top for a football game.
You went to the Zoo of Lights? :rofl2: NTTIAWWT

I was in Boulder in the 80s.....girls were abused at Folsom by drunken boobs who snatched girls and passed them up by hand through the student section. IMO, that was the beginning of the end of beer sales at Buff athletic events.

I was in Boulder in the 80s.....girls were abused at Folsom by drunken boobs who snatched girls and passed them up by hand through the student section. IMO, that was the beginning of the end of beer sales at Buff athletic events.

That was awesome.

I love drunken boobs.

At the usc game a kid one row down from me was so hammered that he kept nodding in and out of consciousness to the point where his forehead kept hitting the lady in front of him in the back. :lol:

There is an interesting article and short podcast on the Freakonomics website today about selling beer at college stadiums.

A comment from West Virginia AD Oliver Luck (yes, Andrew's dad), who now allow beer sales at games.

“People drinking far too much at pre-game parties and tailgate parties before games. Sneaking alcohol into games. Leaving at halftime or any point during the game to go back out to the tailgate to drink even more and come back into the game. … They would usually drink hard liquor — ‘get their buzz back on’ and come back into the game for the third quarter. And the police again would know exactly at what point in the third quarter these ‘throw-up calls’ would start to come over the radio.”

There is an interesting article and short podcast on the Freakonomics website today about selling beer at college stadiums.

A comment from West Virginia AD Oliver Luck (yes, Andrew's dad), who now allow beer sales at games.

“People drinking far too much at pre-game parties and tailgate parties before games. Sneaking alcohol into games. Leaving at halftime or any point during the game to go back out to the tailgate to drink even more and come back into the game. … They would usually drink hard liquor — ‘get their buzz back on’ and come back into the game for the third quarter. And the police again would know exactly at what point in the third quarter these ‘throw-up calls’ would start to come over the radio.”

He nailed it. Stunning that somebody made a decision using common sense instead of knee jerk reactions to pander to certain interests.

Is this the same West Virginia voted No. 1 Party School? That West Virginia?

Is this the same West Virginia voted No. 1 Party School? That West Virginia?

Exactly!! This shows the admin exactly what we need to do if we ever want to get back to the top of these rankings - bring back beer!

we should ban together and beg for them to bring it back out of sympathy?? If we have to go watch these games (putting it nicely), we should be allowed to be hammered drunk...

we should ban together and beg for them to bring it back out of sympathy?? If we have to go watch these games (putting it nicely), we should be allowed to be hammered drunk...

I think a better angle might be: "If the guy calling plays on 4th and goal is drunk, why can't we drink?"

Back