What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bringing up Old Bones to pick.. ASU

I'll Be honest... I watched the Old Colorado and Miami FL Brawl... Anyone remember that? Yea... Well I saw this one buff getr pulled into a whole crowd of Miami players and he just got... well... broken.. lol. But i don't see how NO one came off the sideline in the ASU game this year!! I know it's a different game now... but honestly? How many personal fowls did they get.. And when that guy just blatently tackled... Robinson was it? at the end.. That was so intentional.... I felt embarressed to see our team like that.. no one even seemed to care about that or any of the other... what was it... 9? personal fouls.. I Felt like i was watching a fifth grader beating up his little sister while no one stepped in... Am i the only one who feels that way? I mean... maybe that's something that coach hawkins can bring back, and it seems like he has.. But we really need some players with Edge.. And i know we are getting some now... but man.. I wanted to get out there and just start screaming at the officials... I wanted some Devils ejected for just being completely unsportsman like... Any ways.. It really just seemed like a real summary of the respect our school has been getting... I know were well on our way to earning it back but i just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that about that game, how no one seemed to get "ANGRY" about our players getting hurt.

i think hawkins has made it clear to the team how he feels about any type of scuffles. i doubt you will ever see any prolonged action, or the player(s) will be sitting for quite a while.

Here's your sought after clip:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT8HPI9N2Sg"]YouTube - 1993 Miami vs. Colorado Brawl[/ame]

Whenever I think of this I always remember an article I read about a trip John Hessler took out to Baltimore to see Slick Rick during a Ravens game. He was hanging out on the sidelines during warmups, and a few of the Ravens players came over to say hello to him, though I doubt many if any of them knew who he was. Anyway, Ray Lewis came over to extend some pleasantries (surprising), and John told him something like "hey, remember the brawl in Boulder all those years back? I'm pretty sure I sucker punched you in the back of the head."

I'm sure that was the last thing he expected to hear from some guy in a wheelchair :lol:

Back