What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Broadcast for the games in Paris

Monsieur #1: "Great defense by Robertson!"
Monsieur #2: "Roberson. Roberson. There is no T"

Took these guys about two minutes to get what most of the US announcers still haven't gotten.

"Why do they call him The Mayor?"
Funny **** right there. Shows how awful US announcers are.

Monsieur #1: "Great defense by Robertson!"
Monsieur #2: "Roberson. Roberson. There is no T"

Took these guys about two minutes to get what most of the US announcers still haven't gotten.

"Why do they call him The Mayor?"

Started here based on the fact that he knows literally every prospect from the LA hoops scene and they all seem to be friends with him. He's like a mayor with his networking. I think it's evolved to mean more about him running the show.

Started here based on the fact that he knows literally every prospect from the LA hoops scene and they all seem to be friends with him. He's like a mayor with his networking. I think it's evolved to mean more about him running the show.

Oh, I knew that. I was laughing at the announcers saying that. I love the way they are following the chat.

"They want us to say "Kansas sucks!""

We are missing a lot of layups it seems. Roberson just got dunked on, that doesn't happen often haha.

announcers are saying Eli is a great technical player and moves good with the ball.

These guys are awesome! I wish all broadcasters had this much fun. "Not too much Buffaloes fans here", "it's far away, we know that." Hilarious. Booooooker:rofl:

I'm not sure whether they are in timeout or playing sometimes but these announcers are having fun. The irony is, I am currently in a Paris Hotel, with an early flight out in the morning. No clue whether I could have actually gone.

so it is halftime and I think the score is 50 to 45 France being up. Looks like our defense needs some work.

Kinda serious question: Does a win or a loss here mean anything? The rules sound very different from college rules, and I've been informed we're playing against french pros.

Hi Buffaloes, UVA fan here. We just wrapped up our own European basketball tour playing the same AMW France team you guys play tomorrow and Thursday in Paris. I wanted to share a link to a live broadcast of the game, done by two French broadcasters. I think their video is broken, but the audio *should* work.

They speak in both French and English, and if you log in to justin.tv and chat with them in English, you're likely to get them to speak English even more. We UVA fans had a pretty good time listening to them the past two days - they can be hard to understand at times, but overall do a pretty good job. Hope you guys are able to enjoy as well, and have fun listening to them try to pronounce your players' names!

Good luck on your Eurotrip!

Here's the link to the justin.tv broadcast:
http://www.justin.tv/eurojamparis2012#/w/3612218352

YMSSRA, I wanted to hit you up a second time because this has been a HILARIOUS half of basketball commentary. Thanks again for the link. Can somebody hit him up for me again?

This is one of the coolest things CU bball has done. This trip and now these awesome freelance announcers.

Kinda serious question: Does a win or a loss here mean anything? The rules sound very different from college rules, and I've been informed we're playing against french pros.

Nah.. It's not a tournament or anything, just a few exhibitions.

KU lost both games to these guys. Virginia split the games.

Not just French pros, but NBA players as well. Their best player is Kevin Seraphin, a 6'9'' 275 who plays for the Washington Wizards in the NBA last year and averaged 8 PPG.

Not just French pros, but NBA players as well. Their best player is Kevin Seraphin, a 6'9'' 275 who plays for the Washington Wizards in the NBA last year and averaged 8 PPG.
No wonder Dre got dunked on. 275? :wow:

Mayor seems to be doing whatever he wants though.

From some research I did during our games, it seems like the "AMW Team France" is assembled of French basketball players and EuroLeague players on French teams. They only play once or twice a year for these types of exhibitions, between their normal seasons of basketball. The roster seems to vary from game to game - as KU played against some players we didn't play against, and we played against some they didn't. I imagine the same holds true for you guys as well.

Back