What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Broken records...

GoldenBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Let's take a quick look at some of the records that have been broken this season. I know that some of these have already been discussed at various times in scattered places but I think it's worth taking another look at. First, with the win last night, we hit 24 wins. This breaks the new record of 23 that we set against Cal just last week. Winning more games than any other CU team ever is a pretty awesome achievement.

Also, from an individual standpoint, guys are really stepping up. Alec Burks is just piling points onto his single season scoring record. With 25 last night, the school record is now 759 points in a season. That only figures to go up next week in NYC. Cory Higgins hasn't exactly been a slouch either. His 13 points last night puts him at 1,988 points for his career, just 13 points away from Richard Roby's record of 2,001.

So even though I think most would say that there has been a lot of disappointment and what-ifs about this season, there's still a HUGE upside and some real history has been made this year. I'm seriously proud of both our basketball teams this year and I think this is truly the start of something special here.

Let's take a quick look at some of the records that have been broken this season. I know that some of these have already been discussed at various times in scattered places but I think it's worth taking another look at. First, with the win last night, we hit 24 wins. This breaks the new record of 23 that we set against Cal just last week. Winning more games than any other CU team ever is a pretty awesome achievement.

Also, from an individual standpoint, guys are really stepping up. Alec Burks is just piling points onto his single season scoring record. With 25 last night, the school record is now 759 points in a season. That only figures to go up next week in NYC. Cory Higgins hasn't exactly been a slouch either. His 13 points last night puts him at 1,988 points for his career, just 13 points away from Richard Roby's record of 2,001.

So even though I think most would say that there has been a lot of disappointment and what-ifs about this season, there's still a HUGE upside and some real history has been made this year. I'm seriously proud of both our basketball teams this year and I think this is truly the start of something special here.

amen super spy

Is Roberson nearing any freshman records? Rebounds, double-doubles? I can see Pelle having more rebounds as a freshman, perhaps...

Is Roberson nearing any freshman records? Rebounds, double-doubles? I can see Pelle having more rebounds as a freshman, perhaps...

Dre will be in the record books as the only player to lead the team in rebounds, blocked shots and steals as a freshman.

Don't forget to mention the attendance records being smashed as well! The culture towards basketball at cu has/is changing and recording 5 sellouts in 1 year is phenomenal! Not sure about the overall attendance record, but I have to believe that we beat that one by a huge margin.

Don't forget to mention the attendance records being smashed as well! The culture towards basketball at cu has/is changing and recording 5 sellouts in 1 year is phenomenal! Not sure about the overall attendance record, but I have to believe that we beat that one by a huge margin.

We had the overall by the end of the regular season.

Agree with all but one point. I don't think there has been "a lot of disappointment" about this season. We didn't make the NCAA, that sucks but I don't consider it a huge loss overall. I know the dance is a big deal but instead of going and arguably being dropped early we are going (so far) the semi's in the NIT, we've extended our season further, we've stayed in the spotlight a bit more etc.

I know I am new to being a bball fan but the fact that a bunch of dicks on the selection committee made an indefensible decision hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for this season...if anything it renewed my resolve to support the team and find a way to enjoy watching a bball game.

Cory's got a bunch. iirc, he's got games played, games started, total minutes, free throws made, and maybe a couple more.

Back