1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken records...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Mar 23, 2011.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Let's take a quick look at some of the records that have been broken this season. I know that some of these have already been discussed at various times in scattered places but I think it's worth taking another look at. First, with the win last night, we hit 24 wins. This breaks the new record of 23 that we set against Cal just last week. Winning more games than any other CU team ever is a pretty awesome achievement.

Also, from an individual standpoint, guys are really stepping up. Alec Burks is just piling points onto his single season scoring record. With 25 last night, the school record is now 759 points in a season. That only figures to go up next week in NYC. Cory Higgins hasn't exactly been a slouch either. His 13 points last night puts him at 1,988 points for his career, just 13 points away from Richard Roby's record of 2,001.

So even though I think most would say that there has been a lot of disappointment and what-ifs about this season, there's still a HUGE upside and some real history has been made this year. I'm seriously proud of both our basketball teams this year and I think this is truly the start of something special here.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

amen super spy

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Preach it, brotha!

4. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Is Roberson nearing any freshman records? Rebounds, double-doubles? I can see Pelle having more rebounds as a freshman, perhaps...

5. Buffnik

Dre will be in the record books as the only player to lead the team in rebounds, blocked shots and steals as a freshman.

6. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the new title!

7. Buffskier

Buffskier Club Member Club Member

Don't forget to mention the attendance records being smashed as well! The culture towards basketball at cu has/is changing and recording 5 sellouts in 1 year is phenomenal! Not sure about the overall attendance record, but I have to believe that we beat that one by a huge margin.

8. Buffnik

We had the overall by the end of the regular season.

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I broke my own record for number of beers drank in the club room.

10. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

farva11zg4.jpg

BuffAlum2007 likes this.
  11. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

Agree with all but one point. I don't think there has been "a lot of disappointment" about this season. We didn't make the NCAA, that sucks but I don't consider it a huge loss overall. I know the dance is a big deal but instead of going and arguably being dropped early we are going (so far) the semi's in the NIT, we've extended our season further, we've stayed in the spotlight a bit more etc.

I know I am new to being a bball fan but the fact that a bunch of dicks on the selection committee made an indefensible decision hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for this season...if anything it renewed my resolve to support the team and find a way to enjoy watching a bball game.

12. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

We also broke a record with number of players who have scored, five players have 100 field goals in a season for the first time. Default was the fifth player this year.
    This year we also have 1,006 field goals to break the Colorado record (996) set in 1991. --This may have been against CAL, so the record is probably higher now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=teamreports-2011-ncaab-cbl

13. Buffnik

Cory's got a bunch. iirc, he's got games played, games started, total minutes, free throws made, and maybe a couple more.