What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Boyle In Visitor's Role At His Homecoming

Jay Humphries was my first favorite player. he could play.

edit: looking back at some of the early 80's schedules to see how many of the games i might remember since i went to most of them as a pup with my dad when he was in and just out of CU Law (be nice on the AD site they'd have a W-L record for each season....every time you go there you have to count....stupid minor league stuff like that all over the AD site. how hard is that? to simply provide a useful resource for your user?).

terrible, heartbreaking stat here:

in 82-83, Buffs play 6 OT's in the first week in February. lose two games. lose a 2 OT affair to Missouri (had to have been a Stipanovich/Sunvold team) and THEN a Saturday 4 OT affair to OSU. ouch. team closes the season on a 5 loss streak, and 7 of 8 following the OT games.

next season, the OT woes continue....playing 4 OT's across 3 games with 3 losses. one of those is the Billy Tubbs "flip off" game which i did attend (though, i always kinda liked Billy since he was sticking it to the league goliaths Kansas and Norm's Mizzou. both of the latter can suck it, imo). interestingly as well, looks like the first round of the Big 8 tournament was then played on campus sites...as the Buffs beat ISU in Ames to advance to KC. don't remember that.

those teams were not bad. i remember them being pretty competitive....but the dive in 83 and OT woes you have teams that were winning 15-16 games....back then is only a couple W's away from an NIT bid....and this in the days of the 32 team NCAA and 8 or 9 OOC games instead of 12-13. Big 8 you played 14 conference games and it was hard to win on the road. NIT was like playing in a mid level bowl like the Insight.com or Sun Bowl. respectable.

fun to play around with.

http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3888&SPID=257&DB_OEM_ID=600&KEY=&Q_SEASON=1983

Last edited:
Great point about not having the season records on the official site. Whose in charge of that anyway? Is it Plati's gig or does Brooks manage all the content as the editor?

Great point about not having the season records on the official site. Whose in charge of that anyway? Is it Plati's gig or does Brooks manage all the content as the editor?

seriously, a work study counts em up....you hand them to someone with access to the software....and viola! that would take a couple hours max.

seriously, a work study counts em up....you hand them to someone with access to the software....and viola! that would take a couple hours max.

Gotta love those work study students. They make my life so much easier. If it would help, I could have one of my kids count 'em up and bring them over to the sports information office. I can almost see it from my bench.

They have the data. It's in Plati's media guides for all the sports. For some reason, all that great work isn't easily accessible. You have to download the individual guide and then wade through pages of PDF that don't scale properly to a computer screen.

What we really need is for someone to turn our media guides into a format designed for web browsing. It's a shame that we've got the best media guides in the business but don't fully capitalize on that asset.

They have the data. It's in Plati's media guides for all the sports. For some reason, all that great work isn't easily accessible. You have to download the individual guide and then wade through pages of PDF that don't scale properly to a computer screen.

What we really need is for someone to turn our media guides into a format designed for web browsing. It's a shame that we've got the best media guides in the business but don't fully capitalize on that asset.

Email to bohn

Back