What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Buffs, Rams Set Saturday NCAA Tourney Date (Volleyball)

giphy.gif

Heart breaker.

From a CU match point to the season being over in 3 serves.

Great effort and great comeback, and of couse nothing to be ashamed of. One of the best matches I've gotten to see live.

Go Buffs!

So, we lose Taylor Simpson and Niera Ortiz Ruiz along with Hargis and English. How do we stack up next year?

So, we lose Taylor Simpson and Niera Ortiz Ruiz along with Hargis and English. How do we stack up next year?

I think without Simpson, we are going to take a pretty big step back. Hopefully our young players will be able to step up, but I'm not confident that we'll be at the same level as this year.

I think without Simpson, we are going to take a pretty big step back. Hopefully our young players will be able to step up, but I'm not confident that we'll be at the same level as this year.

Agree unless the incoming class is above excellent. Taylor is a special player.

Heartbreaking loss.

Agree unless the incoming class is above excellent. Taylor is a special player.

Heartbreaking loss.
I don't know if they (new recruits) are "above excellent", but, damn, 6'-4", 6'-4", & 6'-6". Holy cow!

Kritzka is not afraid to play freshmen as we saw this season with Gabby and Anna. If they are good enough, they will play.

I know it is what it is but its sucks that we, as the #19 team in the country, had to face a top 10 team in the second round. We coulda, shoulda won though too.

As for the match, One of the best live sporting events I have ever seen in person! The crowd was awesome! I met some great CSU fans and enjoyed their company during the game. The CU contingent was loud and proud. A great time really (minus the loss)

We do lose a lot in Taylor. Man I will miss watching her play! Neira, our #3 hitter, will be a big loss too. Hargis had a good match last night. She could have been a big part of the team had she chosen to play Volleyball instead of Basketball. Good athlete! English was a big part of our turn around too. Some big shoes to fill next season.

I would say we won't be as good as we were this season but we should still be quite competitive and fun to watch yet again. I am seriously thinking about buying season tickets next season. I have to say I was jealous of the fan support up in Ft Collins and hope more people start coming out to the CU games! You won't be disappointed!!

Definitely the Buffs coulda, shoulda won yesterday. CSU has a great coach and he has his team playing very solid CONSISTENT volleyball. That's the big difference. The Buffs had the talent to win, even at Moby, but they were up and down. When they were up, they were capable of beating almost anyone but they are too inconsistent and when they are down, they shoot themselves in the foot and give too many points to their opponent.

Definitely the Buffs coulda, shoulda won yesterday. CSU has a great coach and he has his team playing very solid CONSISTENT volleyball. That's the big difference. The Buffs had the talent to win, even at Moby, but they were up and down. When they were up, they were capable of beating almost anyone but they are too inconsistent and when they are down, they shoot themselves in the foot and give too many points to their opponent.

Unfortunately for the Buffs, Hilbert could be at CSU another 15 years. It doesn't seem like he has interest in picking up his family at this point and he's only in his early 50s.

Unfortunately for the Buffs, Hilbert could be at CSU another 15 years. It doesn't seem like he has interest in picking up his family at this point and he's only in his early 50s.

(1st, wanted to note I'm writing this right now a little pissed at a couple posters on the volleytalk blog (assume genius CSU fans) who can't seem to accept or understand how or why Gabby Simpson would choose CU over their benighted wonderland of a school and coach, so she's a "traitor". Yesterday's match may still also have me a little raw.)

Anyway, just wanted to rant a little bit (or a lot) and say I am NOT as a CU fan afraid or envious of ANYTHING about CSU volleyball, as there's NO reason to be. I wouldn't trade our coaches, players or anything else in our volleyball program with them (although bigger crowds would be nice). They are obviously a nice mid major program, and having a nice year. However, as yesterday showed, the Buffs are pretty much at least 50/50 with them right now in players and coaches (we probably would have won a neutral site or home match), and if CU continues developing (thank the gods for the Pac 12, Boulder and CU recruiting advantages!), the Buffs should soon be better than them almost every year going forward. If they were in the Pac 12, CSU would be just like CU right now, fighting hard to end up anywhere from 3rd through 9th in conference. Again, NOTHING SPECIAL!

Last year, the incredible Rams with their "great" coach (who seems to need a Valium prescription if not more) only had one loss until late in the conference year due to their weak schedule, then crapped out in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament- losing to that perennial Big West "power" Cal State Northridge in the FIRST round, who in the next round couldn't get to 20 in any set while getting swept by CU Conference- mate USC. If I haven't mentioned it, they are NOTHING special!!!!

Go Buffs!!!

And, by the way, I AM still going to be rooting for them to beat frickin' Texas. Go Rams!

Now I'm going to pour myself another manly chardonnay.

Agree with your rant and CSU does not have a chance against Texas. I've watched them play on the Longhorn network.

I do wish our team played in front of bigger crowds.

Back