1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks: Dufault Takes His Game Up A Notch

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Jan 11, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Men's Basketball

The funny thing about Austin Dufault, pride of Killdeer High School, is that his self-confidence didn't take that big a hit when he left the basketball court in his tiny North Dakota town and settled into Boulder for hoops in the Big 12 Conference.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I was never a big Dufault guy, but there's no denying that he has taken his game to the next level. Over the last five games, he's averaging about 12 points and 7 rebounds a night while shooting over 60%. If he can keep that up through Big 12 play, this team can go places.

(And it makes me really look forward to 2011 with Dufault and Cain playing the "4" for us as Tunks moves into the "5".)

3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

When he was a freshman I thought Dufault could be the kind of player he's showing us now. Last year not so much. It's good to see him play like he did against Mizzou. Now the dude really has to work on his vertical. :lol:

4. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I think the biggest difference between Sophmore Dufault and Junior Dufault is BZ vs Boyle. Bz wanted to have Dufault play as a center, where Boyle has him playing as more of a Forward, where he feels much more comfortable. Also, I think Dufault like the rest of the team really thrives in a full court type of offense.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think he has taken his game up more than a notch. It is like 5 notches.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

he showed some flashes his first year when he was aggressive but he wasn't always aggressive. maybe that was trying to play within BZ's post-Princeton O but it mostly meant he disappeared. didn't score, didn't see much in the box score on the glass, either.