What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: 'Embo' Returns Home, Eager For Challenge

Embrrrito gives a damn good interview...
No surprise, but the offensive and defensive systems Embree wants to install are predicated on physical play. He expects the Buffs to have an aggressive ground game and an attacking defense.

Although he will have to acquaint himself with CU's returning players, Embree said he favors a pro-style offense that will feature "playmakers on the edge. I want to make big plays down the field. I want our receivers to be making 50 to 60 catches a year. But everything starts with the run. It always does."

From his recent time in the NFL, he also said many college players enter pro football uninformed about the importance of special teams play, as well as the need for a team's top players to be on those units.

"It's a college's fault if they don't learn that," he said. "In the NFL, you have to play on special teams, and that's how it should be at this level. If you're the starting tailback, tight end, linebacker, whatever, I want my best players on special teams. I want to win football games anyway I can.

interesting about special teams. i noticed in the Big XII Championship game that a lot of OU's D starters are on their special teams.

Not sure if I´d want my star players on STs, but one thing to keep in mind is that an ability to play STs can make or break you when you go to the NFL. If you can´t crack the depth chart as a rookie or so, STs will probably determine whether you´re going to have a job or not.

Its another solid recruiting point. and ya, I was tired of watching our slowest, least athletic guys try and catch the fastest most elusive guy on the other team.

Very interesting..
[FONT=Cambria, serif]"I started in June, putting a potential staff together or at least thinking about it. Through that process, I identified some guys that would help us win, some guys that would help us recruit the best players, all guys with top credentials."[/FONT]

Back