What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Hagan To Enter Hall Of Fame - With A Smile

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
BOULDER – It was the late 1980s, early ‘90s in college football and a gnat-sized option quarterback named Darian Hagan had a vision. He remembers sharing it with his position coach at Colorado, and he remembers Gary Barnett reacting, well, as if he might be trying to shoo away a cloud of gnats.

Hagan’s proposal: “Coach, we can run the option out of the shotgun.”

Barnett’s response: “Son, you can’t do that.”

A couple of decades later, Hagan watches on television and in person at Folsom Field as college QBs line up in spread formations, in the shotgun, and run the read option. It's the college game's new normal, and Hagan saw it – a little too much of it, in fact – last Saturday at Folsom when Oregon’s Marcus Mariota accounted for seven touchdowns (five passing, two running) as the second-ranked Ducks dazed the Buffs in a 57-16 win.

Read more...

Video

I consider myself lucky to see him play. He was amazing. Congrats to DH.
DITTO - some of his last second pitches and crazy play action passes... those were the days. I felt we had a chance in every-game CU played back then. Chance? I meant to say "felt they were going to win every game they played"

I still remember the second play vs Texas in '89 in the season opener. He kept the ball and dang near ran for a TD. I knew right then he was a special talent.

That late pitch to JJ Flanagan against the fuskers in 89 ranks as one of the great plays in Buff history.

Back