What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Marshall Furiously Mixing, Matching In O-Line

great quote

"You could tell (Monday) it was their first time doing it for some of them - ever. There was more intensity (Tuesday), you could hear the pads. (Monday) was like a pillow fight. (Tuesday) they hit. That was encouraging, especially it being the second day (in pads). There was a lot of energy, they were physical. They're figuring it out. I'm glad that they're getting better and pushing through this."

[FONT=Cambria, serif]"But as a young guy, you don't really want to move him around until he kind of masters one (position) instead of trying to be a jack of all trades. He just has to get the experience and the repetition in practice in the things we're asking him to do."[/FONT]

Isn't this the complete opposite of our last few years on the OL? Everyone had to be able to play every position or something?

While I agree with the concept of getting one position down before going to others, injuries have forced our hand a bit this spring. Munyer has been playing center even though his future is at guard. The silver lining on that is that if he is playing center he is learning the line calls, learning how to read the defense, and should be better able to play early if called upon. Time at center is great schooling for an interior lineman.

Yeah I saw that, just thought it was interesting that he was emphasizing staying at one position for the younger guys so they can maybe contribute earlier. Line play really isn't my thing, it just seems to me like Marshall knows a whole hell of a lot more about it than DJ did.

*mildly excited*

I thought it was interesting that they'll be evaluating the recent practices to see where in-coming frosh may be needed, and/or who might be red-shirted. I'm impressed that they're looking at this already, based on analysis.

Back