1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks: Marshall Furiously Mixing, Matching In O-Line

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Mar 15, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Football

It's going to be awhile - try mid-August or beyond - before Steve Marshall feels comfortable putting together anything that resembles a depth chart.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

great quote

"You could tell (Monday) it was their first time doing it for some of them - ever. There was more intensity (Tuesday), you could hear the pads. (Monday) was like a pillow fight. (Tuesday) they hit. That was encouraging, especially it being the second day (in pads). There was a lot of energy, they were physical. They're figuring it out. I'm glad that they're getting better and pushing through this."

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Isn't this the complete opposite of our last few years on the OL? Everyone had to be able to play every position or something?

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

While I agree with the concept of getting one position down before going to others, injuries have forced our hand a bit this spring. Munyer has been playing center even though his future is at guard. The silver lining on that is that if he is playing center he is learning the line calls, learning how to read the defense, and should be better able to play early if called upon. Time at center is great schooling for an interior lineman.

5. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Yeah I saw that, just thought it was interesting that he was emphasizing staying at one position for the younger guys so they can maybe contribute earlier. Line play really isn't my thing, it just seems to me like Marshall knows a whole hell of a lot more about it than DJ did.

*mildly excited*

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I thought it was interesting that they'll be evaluating the recent practices to see where in-coming frosh may be needed, and/or who might be red-shirted. I'm impressed that they're looking at this already, based on analysis.