What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: CU Buffs Chidobe Awuzie to return for senior year

RSSBot

News Junkie
Colorado’s Chidobe Awuzie, who was named second-team all-conference on Tuesday, also announced that he will be returning for his senior season at CU.

“Yeah I’m definitely coming back,” Awuzie said at Colorado’s final press conference of the season. “I came in with this class, a lot of those guys mean a lot to me. Coach Mac means a lot to me. We have a good thing going, I want to see the progress finish and see us get to the point where we have some success”

The do-it-all defensive back had an outstanding year for the Buffaloes, notching 88 tackles including a team-leading 13 for a loss. He added 10 pass break-ups, 10 third down stops and two interceptions. Awuzie’s establishment as a dynamic weapon for the defense had many thinking he could make the jump to the big leagues, but “Chido” says he never gave much thought to it.

“I didn’t really, it was a possibility but my education always comes first for me and my family,” he explained. “It was always in the back of my mind, but I was definitely coming back. It was never really a question, maybe other people made it a question.”

Whether he gave much thought to it or not, the announcement that he is returning cannot be understated. Awuzie was a huge factor in Jim Leavitt’s turnaround of the Buffs defense this season and he will be a huge factor next year. It’s not every day you find a player who can play corner, safety and nickel at an extremely high level all while also being one of the best pass rushers on the team.

Colorado fans, who seem to never have these things go their way, should be raising a glass to Chidobe Awzie tonight.

Ryan Koenigsberg
Continue reading...

Back