What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: Fletcher, Guzonjic transferring from Colorado

RSSBot

News Junkie
BOULDER- Tre’Shaun Fletcher and Kenan Gonzonjic will transfer out of the Colorado Basketball program, the school announced Wednesday night.

“After meeting with Kenan and Tre’Shaun individually, both felt they would be best served by finishing their collegiate careers elsewhere,” head coach Tad Boyle said in a release from the school. “We wish them nothing but the best moving forward in their careers.”

Fletcher, the more surprising of the two, was a solid contributor for the Buffs throughout his career. This season, he averaged seven points and two rebounds in 19 minutes per game, starting multiple games early in the season but ultimately falling behind George King and Josh Fortune in the rotation. With Xavier Johnson and Derrick White jumping in next year and figuring to factor into the wing rotation, minutes look to be even tougher to come by. Fletcher would have been a senior for the Buffaloes next season.

Guzonjic was a flier that Boyle took out of Midland Junior College by way of Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Unfortunately, for both parties, the marriage never quite worked out. Guzonjic came to Boulder, admittedly, out of shape and found himself behind the eight-ball from the start. Despite improvements made throughout the year, it would not be surprising to see Guzonjic transfer to a lower level school where he can make a bigger impact.

The announcement comes one day after Boyle had this to say on potential attrition:

“There very well could be. That’s why the discussions I’m having with our players are frank, honest, and I’m not holding back any punches. Every decision that I make as a head coach, especially starting in September and October through March, is strictly with our team’s best interests at heart. Sometimes our players have to make sacrifices during those months and I ask them to; to be team players and do what’s right for the program. Now that the season’s over with and I’m having these individual meetings it’s about what is best for that young man. They all came here, because they felt like this is a place for them to further their education and play college basketball. When it comes to playing time and where they fit in the program, I’m honest with them. Where they are today isn’t necessarily where they’ll be tomorrow. They’re aware of the players around them; they’re smart kids. They have to make the decisions that are best for them. I’m going to support them in those decisions and I’m going to help them with those decisions. The ultimate decision will be the young man. If a player ever leaves Colorado, he’s going to leave on his terms not on my terms. It’s very important that everybody knows that. Last year we lost Jaron Hopkins and Dustin Thomas. Those decisions those kid made to leave were their decisions. If we have attrition this year it’s because those players made those decisions not the coach making the decision for them. This time of year, you see it with every college team, men’s players or women’s players.”

With three scholarship seniors on their way out and only three freshmen set to come in right now, the transfers open up two additional scholarship spots for Tad Boyle and his staff.

Ryan Koenigsberg
Continue reading...

Back