What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

bsn BSN: Gordon vows aggression ‘from now on’

RSSBot

News Junkie
“Keep shooting man, why don’t you do this all the time,” Tre’Shaun Fletcher and his teammates told Wesley Gordon following his breakout performance against CSU. “We need you to do this every game, be confident with it.”

Gordon was impressive aginst the Rams, tallying 15 points on 3-of-4 shooting (7-of-9 from the line), 12 rebounds and three blocks. And as impressive as that line looks, his impact was greater.

The big man credited his breakout to one of the Buffs assistant coaches.

“Coach [Mike] Rohn said I’m not being aggressive enough and not looking to score enough so after that I was really looking to score and be aggressive.”

“Yeah, they want me to be aggressive on the offensive end,” he added. “My rebounding has been pretty good so I just have to stay aggressive on both ends.”

Wes echoed Fletcher in saying his teammates told him that should be an every night occurrence and he vowed that it will be.

“From now on yeah,” he said with a big smile and a laugh. “I’ll be trying to play with that aggressiveness and not let missed shots affect me.”

“Instead of worrying about trying to get other guys shots all the time,” he continued. “I need to just be aggressive and know that that will help other guys get shots naturally.”

Flecher agreed.

“They’re paying so much attention to those two, so when they kick it out it’s just open threes everywhere,” he told.

It’s something that fans have been begging for since the first day Gordon stepped on campus, “why can’t we bring it every night?” It’s something Tad Boyle has been asked countless times by the media, “how can you get Wes to bring it every night?” It’s something that is said every time he has a big game, “this team could go from good to great if he can bring it every night.”

But it’s never happened, Gordon has never been able to string together a long line of games where he brought his A-game every time and it’s the main reason he has frustrated fans up to this point in his career.

Could this finally be the game, the encouragement, the moment where it all comes together for the Colorado native? Only time will tell, but the redshirt junior sure makes it sound like it is.

Ryan Koenigsberg
Continue reading...

Back