What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BU fan's take on your team

Sammy,

You seem like a good guy. So please leave. I'm not ready to like anyone from Baylor right now. After we beat you on Saturday, I'll be fine with it. But I have a ton of hate in me from the way your leadership went on an all-out offensive to rip CU during the conference re-alignment talks. All I can say is that I hope you are ashamed of that and support a new president and new regents. Their behavior was disgusting.

I could have sworn the flying tomato, Beatty, caused the Georgia fumble. He called it a random fumble for no reason. BS

Sammy,

You seem like a good guy. So please leave. I'm not ready to like anyone from Baylor right now. After we beat you on Saturday, I'll be fine with it. But I have a ton of hate in me from the way your leadership went on an all-out offensive to rip CU during the conference re-alignment talks. All I can say is that I hope you are ashamed of that and support a new president and new regents. Their behavior was disgusting.

Sammy can't respond right now. His dark lord Ken Starr has ordered him to sacrifice a Waco virgin in tribute to their Texas masters. He's trying to find someone other than his own ass to offer up.

Sammy,

This is the thing to me. The smear campaign was cheap, unfair, inaccurate and unprofessional. I wouldn't expect him to abandon this board for some chat, but as an emissary to his team he should be prepared to weather some negativity over this issue. In the end it thankfully didn't make a difference but, it was classless and not uncommon from what I've seen my years in Texas. Sammy you've been a good citizen, but I have contempt for your university and the way they handled themselves during the whole conference fiasco. A school that claims to follow "the lord" should have taken the high road and shown class like the good book says he did when faced with adversity.

This is the thing to me. The smear campaign was cheap, unfair, inaccurate and unprofessional. I wouldn't expect him to abandon this board for some chat, but as an emissary to his team he should be prepared to weather some negativity over this issue. In the end it thankfully didn't make a difference but, it was classless and not uncommon from what I've seen my years in Texas. Sammy you've been a good citizen, but I have contempt for your university and the way they handled themselves during the whole conference fiasco. A school that claims to follow "the lord" should have taken the high road and shown class like the good book says he did when faced with adversity.

+1

In response to UGA kicking themselves after losing to us. It shouldn't be over the fact that they ran into our kicker. If we remember the play right before that. I believe the refs should be kicking themselves for saying that Richardson did not catch the ball on the 2 yrd line. Point is, we score anyway. The fumble, Beatty blew up the backfield and Major recovers. The only reason why they should be kicking themselves is the fact that our great coach hands them the game by attempting a 52 yrd field goal with a kicker that can barely make a 30 yrd field goal and UGA DIDN'T capitalize. Buffs beat a pretty darn good Georgia team and I hope that that very same Buffaloes team shows up tomorrow to whip some serious hind quarters.

cfb21.jpg

Will hawk use this as motivation? I hope cu crushes baylor, all the BS they said about CU, but have a feeling we are going to have egg on our faces again...

Will hawk use this as motivation? I hope cu crushes baylor, all the BS they said about CU, but have a feeling we are going to have egg on our faces again...

Surely you jest, Syko. Hawk does not live in the peaks and valleys, mind you

My take on the Baylor program as a CU fan:

[video=youtube;xd12hR68sWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd12hR68sWM&feature=related[/video]

I was going to mainly talk football but since every other reply is about Buddy Jones I will throw my 2 cents in.

1- My understanding is what he said was in an email to other BU supporters, texas legislators, and non-public communication. Was it harsh? Sure. But by the same token don't pretend to think that CU admin didn't have harsh things about BU. Both schools were looking for any port in the storm (which thankfully didn't completely come).

Also bear in mind Jones is a lobbyist. He stretched some things to be sure and does so by trade to influence people but its not like BU overall is chopped liver. Neither is CU. Its not like either school is ISU or KSU (or CSU for that matter).

2- Academic rankings... you guys have better research activity but the gulf isnt big. We both pretty much alternated being #3 and #4 in the league academically (US World News) behind UT and TAMU. Nobody else came close to the top 4 after our two schools. You guys are a great school and so are we. Fans on either side who say otherwise don't know what they are talking about.

3- Athletics- We have been awful in football. However we are either #3 or #4 in total sport titles for the Big12 history (96-present) and have a VERY solid athletic department otherwise. You guys have a solid department and much more football success recently.

4- Both schools pulled no punches. BU tried to jump in (who wouldnt) and CU moved early (even with no money to do so) in order to counter. Glad we both made it to fairly stable ground for the time being.
I actually pulled for you frequently when
a) it didnt conflict with BU and
b) when I wasn't in range of battery throws, you guys must practice that at freshman orientation.

5- Its over and done with. Its one guy whose job was to get BU in over CU and as a true politician he threw mud. Way harsher things are said by your student section to small children. Who else disparaged CU in any public view? Certainly Starr & Co. tried to get BU in but what self-respecting admin wouldn't? Its over and done with so get over it. Good luck in the P12 and please destroy Cal next time.

I understand the frustration but please talk football if I am not smack talking. I could understand if I just ripped you guys but come on.

Last edited:

I expected it but waited for about 15 of them to reply to it to hopefully talk about the game. I just want to talk football here.

I was going to mainly talk football but since every other reply is about Buddy Jones I will throw my 2 cents in.

1- My understanding is what he said was in an email to other BU supporters, texas legislators, and non-public communication. Was it harsh? Sure. But by the same token don't pretend to think that CU admin didn't have harsh things about BU. Both schools were looking for any port in the storm (which thankfully didn't completely come).

Also bear in mind Jones is a lobbyist. He stretched some things to be sure and does so by trade to influence people but its not like BU overall is chopped liver. Neither is CU. Its not like either school is ISU or KSU (or CSU for that matter).

2- Academic rankings... you guys have better research activity but the gulf isnt big. We both pretty much alternated being #3 and #4 in the league academically (US World News) behind UT and TAMU. Nobody else came close to the top 4 after our two schools. You guys are a great school and so are we. Fans on either side who say otherwise don't know what they are talking about.

3- Athletics- We have been awful in football. However we are either #3 or #4 in total sport titles for the Big12 history (96-present) and have a VERY solid athletic department otherwise. You guys have a solid department and much more football success recently.

4- Both schools pulled no punches. BU tried to jump in (who wouldnt) and CU moved early (even with no money to do so) in order to counter. Glad we both made it to fairly stable ground for the time being.
I actually pulled for you frequently when
a) it didnt conflict with BU and
b) when I wasn't in range of battery throws, you guys must practice that at freshman orientation.

5- Its over and done with. Its one guy whose job was to get BU in over CU and as a true politician he threw mud. Way harsher things are said by your student section to small children. Who else disparaged CU in any public view? Certainly Starr & Co. tried to get BU in but what self-respecting admin wouldn't? Its over and done with so get over it. Good luck in the P12 and please destroy Cal next time.

I understand the frustration but please talk football if I am not smack talking. I could understand if I just ripped you guys but come on.

If in your mind it's cool that Buddy Jones threw mud, than **** you. You didn't see CU pulling the same tactics. Seriously, Sammy, what's wrong with you that this is okay in your mind. It's not okay. It's not professional. Don't pretend it is.

Please don't come over to our boards and tell us to get over it. **** you. You seem like a nice enough guy, but you lack something that would make you otherwise tolerable. Your first post was great. I enjoyed it, but this "get over it" stuff is not okay.

What kind of world is it in which you live. "Sorry our representative besmirched you, but I'm here in your house to tell you to get over it." Really Sammy? Is that okay where you're from, because that's pretty much a textbook definition of an asshole where I'm from.

Got a problem with that? Get over it.

**** Baylor.

If in your mind it's cool that Buddy Jones threw mud, than **** you. You didn't see CU pulling the same tactics. Seriously, Sammy, what's wrong with you that this is okay in your mind. It's not okay. It's not professional. Don't pretend it is.

Please don't come over to our boards and tell us to get over it. **** you. You seem like a nice enough guy, but you lack something that would make you otherwise tolerable. Your first post was great. I enjoyed it, but this "get over it" stuff is not okay.

What kind of world is it in which you live. "Sorry our representative besmirched you, but I'm here in your house to tell you to get over it." Really Sammy? Is that okay where you're from, because that's pretty much a textbook definition of an asshole where I'm from.

Got a problem with that? Get over it.

**** Baylor.

Dude, never said it was professional. I don't doubt at all that CU had guys behind the scenes saying bad stuff about us but those emails were not made public. Never said it was ok, but seriously there are bigger fish to fry in life than a lobbyist with a big mouth who many of us Texans really don't care for much anyways. Most of the BU fans were thankful for the help but embarrassed just the same, I know myself and those near me were. I just want to talk football. Thanks for telling me to **** myself, classy.

ps- my understanding is that he said the following and just wanting to check my facts
- BU is a better school: USWN Rankings are similar but obviously stretching the truth as you probably have a slight lead on us.
- BU has better facilities. We have very good facilities but I can't comment on yours. Baseball, softball, tennis, track, football, and hoops all have good facilities in Waco so its probably a close debate overall but Folsom is > Floyd casey.
- BU has overall sports edge. Factual as far as I know but football drives the bus and its an albatross for us right now.
- BU has more sports. True as far as I know but I haven't looked it up.

Did anyone see him say anything other than this or anyone else saying it publicly? He stretched the academics and made the athletic arguement on other sports. If I missed something please tell me politely and I am not afraid to admit it if I am mistaken. If my reading of it is accurate I don't think its like he said you sucked or were some horrible school and certainly not worth treating BU fans this poorly over.

Dude, never said it was professional. I don't doubt at all that CU had guys behind the scenes saying bad stuff about us but those emails were not made public. Never said it was ok, but seriously there are bigger fish to fry in life than a lobbyist with a big mouth who many of us Texans really don't care for much anyways. Most of the BU fans were thankful for the help but embarrassed just the same, I know myself and those near me were. I just want to talk football. Thanks for telling me to **** myself, classy.

ps- my understanding is that he said the following and just wanting to check my facts
- BU is a better school: USWN Rankings are similar but obviously stretching the truth as you probably have a slight lead on us.
- BU has better facilities. We have very good facilities but I can't comment on yours. Baseball, softball, tennis, track, football, and hoops all have good facilities in Waco so its probably a close debate overall but Folsom is > Floyd casey.
- BU has overall sports edge. Factual as far as I know but football drives the bus and its an albatross for us right now.
- BU has more sports. True as far as I know but I haven't looked it up.

Did anyone see him say anything other than this or anyone else saying it publicly? He stretched the academics and made the athletic arguement on other sports. If I missed something please tell me politely and I am not afraid to admit it if I am mistaken. If my reading of it is accurate I don't think its like he said you sucked or were some horrible school and certainly not worth treating BU fans this poorly over.

Sammy.

1. The academics. I never really paid attention before, but since Buddy Jones' remarks, I've looked at maybe 10 academic rankings and it wasn't close in nine of them. Baylor edged CU in one of them. His statement wasn't representative of the body of work.

2. Better facilities. It depends on the sport, I guess. Arguable, but not factual, as Buddy would suggest.

3. The sports edge? More sports, maybe. But turn your back on football and look at everything else and count the conference and national championships and it's not even close.

If you can't understand how sleezy it is to sling mud at another university to further your cause, than there's nothing I can do to help you. Good luck with everything, I guess.

Back