1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bud Foster - Discuss

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Nov 19, 2009.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

2. Razorbuff

Razorbuff Member

Good coordinator... been with Beamer forever. Would be hard to get him away from VT, and you have to think he is next in line for the HC job there whenever Beamer retires. Main problem with him is no recruiting ties out West.

3. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

I'd be ecstatic with this hire.

4. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I guess I just don't understand why we would bring in a defensive coach when this team is in such dyer need of an identity on offense.

A HC who brings in his own offense does that the day he's hired. Not trying to argue, sorry if this post came off as "pissy"

5. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

This would be a good get. Look at what he does woth a defense that gets relatively unheralded players.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I would really like this pick. He is just behind the Shannahans and Strong for me

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Similar background to what Coach Mac had when we hired him (long-time coach & then coordinator for a legendary head coach in a big-time program). My only concern is that you can get a ham sandwich through Va Tech admissions, so it's not the same as pulling a coach from Michigan, UCLA or Northwestern like we have in the past.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I think he's definitely worth a call at least, the only issues I could see with him are his recruiting abilities. I envy the kind of sound football VT plays.

9. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Well im sure he knows some special teams too and we could use it. Big props to BLock last night, great return.

10. BuffInDC

BuffInDC New Member

I agree with this post.

Foster deserves a call for the work hes done for Va Tech's defense.

A ham sandwich is giving Va Tech a little too much credit, a slice of bread could get through Va Tech's admissions as long as it showed up to school everyday.

11. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He was their ST coach for a short period. I'm sure he has learned a few things from Beamer as far as ST play goes.