1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buff Blitz

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

2. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

Don't you think that is where the real favortism controversy will begin? What if Ballenger is as good as he seems...next year he will have to battle it out with the coach's kid.

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I trust this coaching staff. They will play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. I have no doubt that if Ballenger beat Cody for the starting job, Cody would support him. Cody seems like that kind of teammate.

4. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

it will depend a lot on how cody performs this year. it is hard to beat out an incumbent qb in college ball, usually. some would argue that klatt was not the most physically gifted of the qbs then on the roster (i disagree with that, by the way), but he started the whole time because he was the most effective.

ballenger is a better physical specimen than cody for sure. if he learns to read defenses, be a leader, etc., then i think he'll have the chance to unseat cody as the qb.

the other X factor is health. it has been a long time since we made it thru a season with just one qb. and nelson is only here for 2 years. so, even if ballenger doesn't get the nod next year as a rs-frosh (and you typically don't want to be starting rs-frosh at qb-- that's one of our big risk factors this year, why would we want to repeat it next year unless we have to?), he will likley get a shot at the job either thru competition or attrition as a soph.

with all the whining about favoritism we are going to hear this year when things go south, i don't even want to think about any whining next year. maybe we will get lucky and cody will come out and play lights out and establish himself as a 4 year starter and he will win a ton of games for us.

that would be the "easiest" possible scenario, eh?

5. atlbuff

atlbuff Club Member Club Member

i think that in the next few years we will make it through the whole season with one qb, once the linemen of this class and the future classes are in the mix. i put some of the blame of the lost quarterbacks on the line, and of course on one qb who did not know how to avoid hits.