What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff Blitz

Don't you think that is where the real favortism controversy will begin? What if Ballenger is as good as he seems...next year he will have to battle it out with the coach's kid.

I trust this coaching staff. They will play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. I have no doubt that if Ballenger beat Cody for the starting job, Cody would support him. Cody seems like that kind of teammate.

Don't you think that is where the real favortism controversy will begin? What if Ballenger is as good as he seems...next year he will have to battle it out with the coach's kid.

it will depend a lot on how cody performs this year. it is hard to beat out an incumbent qb in college ball, usually. some would argue that klatt was not the most physically gifted of the qbs then on the roster (i disagree with that, by the way), but he started the whole time because he was the most effective.

ballenger is a better physical specimen than cody for sure. if he learns to read defenses, be a leader, etc., then i think he'll have the chance to unseat cody as the qb.

the other X factor is health. it has been a long time since we made it thru a season with just one qb. and nelson is only here for 2 years. so, even if ballenger doesn't get the nod next year as a rs-frosh (and you typically don't want to be starting rs-frosh at qb-- that's one of our big risk factors this year, why would we want to repeat it next year unless we have to?), he will likley get a shot at the job either thru competition or attrition as a soph.

with all the whining about favoritism we are going to hear this year when things go south, i don't even want to think about any whining next year. maybe we will get lucky and cody will come out and play lights out and establish himself as a 4 year starter and he will win a ton of games for us.

that would be the "easiest" possible scenario, eh?

i think that in the next few years we will make it through the whole season with one qb, once the linemen of this class and the future classes are in the mix. i put some of the blame of the lost quarterbacks on the line, and of course on one qb who did not know how to avoid hits.

Back