1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buff Club Luncheons

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BinaryBuff, Sep 30, 2010.

1. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Not sure why it's taken me so long, but I'm finally going to my first Buff Club luncheon tomorrow. I ordered a pair of tickets last week for it and assumed I'd get something in the mail, but haven't gotten anything.

For those of you that have been to these things in the past, do they usually have paper/hard copy tickets to gain entrance? Or just something like a sign-in sheet at the door with your name and the # of seats you paid for?

Thanks!

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

They'll have a list of paid attendees at a table outside the banquet room. You'll just need to check in there and they'll direct you to your open seating options.

3. BinaryBuff

Great, thanks!

4. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Yep, what Buffnik said.

I will add that once I was NOT on the list despite having sent in something by fax the day before. I just told the people at the table my story, they wrote down the name and phone number and I walked in. Of course they'd seen me at other events, so I probably had that old alumni look about me.

5. BinaryBuff

Just got back to work from the luncheon, and I've got to say it was great! Loved seeing all the old faces from the team I grew up watching (I was 15 when we won it all). Great speeches, especially Big Al's and Coach Mac's.

After sitting through that, seeing all those guys, the passion they still have, the love for the program, it'll be an absolute shame if the boys don't come out and bring it against UGA and get the '90 team a win on their day.

6. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

Agreed, that was an inspiring luncheon today! I was really happy that Barnett showed up too, I'm sure that must have been a little awkward for him. He also did a great job introducing Mac! I just wished the team could have been there to witness the passion in that room, or as Mac puts it the "fire in their hearts". I'm so glad I was lucky enough to be attendance and will truly never forget how I felt walking out of that room! I wish that all of you hardcore Buffs could have experienced it too! See you tomorrow, GO BUFFS!!!

7. BinaryBuff

8. Buffnik

Alfred Williams audio (Length = 18:48)
    Bill McCartney audio (Length = 16:32)
    Gary Barnett audio (Length = 7:31)
    Mike Bohn audio (Length = 3:04)
    Dan Hawkins audio (Length = 1:50)

****ing priceless!

9. BinaryBuff

I don't know what Tatonka or anyone else on this board thought, but IMO, Hawk seemed out of place. His speech wasn't nearly on par with the others, and most telling was that the crowd didn't respond to him the way they responded to the rest of the speakers/team. Granted, it wasn't his day, he had nothing to do with the '90 team, but the short speech & crowd's somewhat muted reaction was telling.

Al did try to reconcile with Hawk a bit by saying he wants him to succeed, wants Hawk to be great, ... Al loves CU.

10. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

11. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Halairious!!!:lol:

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Oops. Didn't see the "Luncheon" thread. My bad. Ignore my "Mac" thread.

14. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Barnett was good, too. Had to be at least a little awkward.

15. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I enjoyed the luncheon. It was great to hear the speeches from Al and from Mac... also liked Zim's too. One observation though, of the 3 CU head coaches that spoke, only one did not receive a standing O... any guesses who that would be?

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Man, that is kind of, well...it makes me feel a little bad for the guy. Just sayin'.

17. Buffnik

Really?

Champions have standards. Win and you're part of the club. Hawk can still be a part of this. All he has to do is win tomorrow, get on a roll, and take it all the way to a Big 12 Championship and BCS bowl win this year. Pull that off and he'll be a popular guy with the Buffs from other eras.