What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff Stat Rankings after Week 3

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/ncaa-m-footbl-stats-index.html

Team Ranks (120 teams)
Offense:
Rushing Offense: #68 (147.33 per game)... 7th in Big 12
Passing Offense: #88 (186.00 per game)... 9th in Big 12
Total Offense: #86 (333.33 per game)... 10th in Big 12
Scoring Offense: #91 (20.67 per game)... 10th in Big 12
Red Zone Offense: #45 (7 possessions / 6 scores / 5 TDs)

Defense:
Rushing Defense: #11 (71.67 per game)... #3 in Big 12
Passing Defense: #86 (241.00 per game)... #11 in Big 12
Total Defense: #42 (312.67 per game)... #5 in Big 12
Scoring Defense: #66 (22.67 per game)... #9 in Big 12
Red Zone Defense: #36 (12 possessions / 9 scores / 6 TDs / 3 FGs)

Special Teams:
Net Punting: #85 (34.53 avg.)... #11 in Big 12
Punt Returns: #79 (6.38 avg.)... #9 in Big 12
Punt Return Yardage Defense: #62 (8.75 avg.)... #7 in Big 12
Kickoff Returns: #54 (21.83 avg.)... #9 in Big 12
Kickoff Return Defense: #4 (15.71 avg.)... #1 in Big 12

Misc:
Pass Efficiency: #73 (124.76 avg.)... #9 in Big 12
Pass Efficiency Defense: #90 (136.63 avg.)... #12 in Big 12
Sacks: #43 (2.33 per game)... #5 in Big 12
Sacks Allowed: #91 (2.67 per game)... #9 in Big 12
Tackles for Loss: #53 (6.33 per game)... #7 in Big 12
Turnover Margin: #89 (-1.00 per game)... #11 in Big 12
Fewest Penalties Per Game: #111 (9.33 per game)... #11 in Big 12
Fewest Penalty Yards Per Game: #107 (74.67 per game)... #9 in Big 12
Third Down Efficiency... #17 (51.11% avg.)... #2 in Big 12
Defense Third Down Efficiency... #9 (23.53% avg.)... #2 in Big 12

wow. the cal game really skewed our defensive numbers... One thing that is interesting is that even though we are 107th in penalty yards per game, there's 3 teams in the B12 who are out of the remaining teams worse.

3 teams in the B12 who are out of the remaining teams worse.

One of which is Nebraska. I don't think that stat's very important.

I'm about to edit in a couple that I do think are important (3rd Down Efficiency / Defense).

We're so good on 3rd Downs so far that I have some hope. If we fix the turnover situation then we're actually in good shape. If you win the turnover battle and win on 3rd downs, you're going to win a lot of games no matter how the other stats look.

One of which is Nebraska. I don't think that stat's very important.

I'm about to edit in a couple that I do think are important (3rd Down Efficiency / Defense).

We're so good on 3rd Downs so far that I have some hope. If we fix the turnover situation then we're actually in good shape. If you win the turnover battle and win on 3rd downs, you're going to win a lot of games no matter how the other stats look.

Red zone efficiency/red zone defense, 3rd down offense/defense, and turnover margin tell you everything you need to know about a football team IMO. Hard to get a reading on red zone offense with such few possessions, but the red zone and 3rd down defenses look really good thus far.

The one overall concern from these stats is whether our defense can force turnovers. If not, we'll be behind the eight ball in every game.

Red zone efficiency/red zone defense, 3rd down offense/defense, and turnover margin tell you everything you need to know about a football team IMO. Hard to get a reading on red zone offense with such few possessions, but the red zone and 3rd down defenses look really good thus far.

The one overall concern from these stats is whether our defense can force turnovers. If not, we'll be behind the eight ball in every game.

Still need a better pass rush and I expected more int's from brown and smith...

BTW, the punting game is still bad in pretty much all phases. How is that possible?

Thanks, Buffnik. It will be interesting to track the team's progress. I dislike the national rankings because it assumes all opponents played are of equal calibre, but week after week, the conference stats seem appropriate.

Back