What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buff trivia

Unleash Hell

1. Name the CU Runningbacks who have recieved the Uninimous All-American honors.

2. In what season did CU have the most First team Academic All-Big 12 honors?
a)2006
b)2001
c)1997
d)1999

3. How mnay buffs are on the 13 man All-time Orange Bowl team which was selected in 2005?
a) 0
b) 1
c) 2
d) 3

4. How many national individual awards do the buffs have?
a)4
b)2
c)10
d)9

5. Who has the top individual rushing game in CU history?
a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

6. Match each individuals top rushing games to the player.
a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) 309 yards at Kansas
b) 342 yards vs. Oklahoma st.
c) 217 yards at Missouri
d) 317 yards at Texas

7. Who has the longest all time rushing play in CU history?
a) Chris Brown vs. Kansas st.
b) Eric Bieniemy vs. Kansas
c) Cliff Branch vs. Kansas
d) Emerson Wilson vs. Kansas st.

8. What QB has 3 of the top 5 individual passing games in CU history?
a) Koy Detmer
b) Kordell Stewart
c) Darian Hagan
d) Joel Klatt

9. Who is the top TE in CU history in receptions and yards?
a) Jon Embree
b) Daniel Graham
c) Christian Fuaria
d) Joe Klopfenstein

10. CU has won the Big 12 North divison 4 times, but how many times have they finished second and what years?

11. What is CU's all time combined record against the 3 other D1A schools along the Front Range?
a) 101-21-3
b) 87-25-2
c) 105-15-1
d) 94-25-3

12. What is CU's all time combined record against Big 12 teams?
a) 201-195-12
b) 247-218-13
c) 233-204-10
d) 217-245-11

13. Where does Colorado rank nationally with all time bowl appearances?
a) 17
b) 25
c) 24
d) NR

14. What was the most points scored in a half by CU in a bowl game and against who?

15. Who has CU faced the most in bowl games?

16. What year was the first game played in Folsom field?

True of False

17. Colorado has never beaten a #1 ranked team in the AP or coaches poll?

18. Colorado leads the all time series with Miami, Fla.

19. Eddie Reinhart suffred his brain injury against Michigan St. in the 1984 season.

20. In 1989 All-American QB candidate Jeff George brought his top 10 Illinois team into Folsom. George was harrased all day by the H-Boys (Alfred Williams, Kanavis McGhee and Art Walker). It was so loud that George couldn't hear and signaled the crowd to calm down. The crowd got even louder and George forever became a laughing stock for CU fans.

You people suck!

I have been away for hours and no replies, you're more concerned about husker QB's and ALabama offering a kid than CU? You all are closet husker fans ****ing boring.:smile2:

Last edited:
You people suck!

I have been away for hours and no replies, you're more concerned about husker QB's and ALabama offering a kid than CU? You all are closet husker fans ****ing boring.:smile2:

Fukk you! :smile2:

I posted the answer to every question I knew the answer to..... :huh:

b) Charlie Davis

a) Eric Bieniemy = a
b) Charlie Davis = b
c) Rashaan Salaam = d
d) Chris Brown = c

a) 309 yards at Kansas
c) 217 yards at Missouri
d) 317 yards at Texas

15. Who has CU faced the most in bowl games?

Washington?

True of False

17. Colorado has never beaten a #1 ranked team in the AP or coaches poll? False

18. Colorado leads the all time series with Miami, Fla.
troo

19. Eddie Reinhart suffred his brain injury against Michigan St. in the 1984 season.

false. game was at oregon

20. In 1989 All-American QB candidate Jeff George brought his top 10 Illinois team into Folsom. George was harrased all day by the H-Boys (Alfred Williams, Kanavis McGhee and Art Walker). It was so loud that George couldn't hear and signaled the crowd to calm down. The crowd got even louder and George forever became a laughing stock for CU fans.

troo 38-7 i believe was the score.

1. Name the CU Runningbacks who have recieved the Uninimous All-American honors. 6

a)2006
b)2001
c)1997 -- 97 with 8
d)1999

3. How mnay buffs are on the 13 man All-time Orange Bowl team which was selected in 2005?
a) 0
b) 1
c) 2 ?
d) 3

a)4
b)2
c)10
d)9 9

a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis- 342
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) Eric Bieniemy-
b) Charlie Davis
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) 309 yards at Kansas- brown
b) 342 yards vs. Oklahoma st.- davis
c) 217 yards at Missouri- EB
d) 317 yards at Texas- salaam

d) Emerson Wilson vs. Kansas st. - 95 YDS

a) Koy Detmer - KOY
b) Kordell Stewart
c) Darian Hagan
d) Joel Klatt

a) Jon Embree
b) Daniel Graham- graham
c) Christian Fuaria
d) Joe Klopfenstein

10. CU has won the Big 12 North divison 4 times, but how many times have they finished second and what years?

11. What is CU's all time combined record against the 3 other D1A schools along the Front Range?
a) 101-21-3
b) 87-25-2
c) 105-15-1
d) 94-25-3 - Bingo

a) 201-195-12 ?
b) 247-218-13
c) 233-204-10
d) 217-245-11

a) 17
b) 25
c) 24-C
d) NR

14. What was the most points scored in a half by CU in a bowl game and against who? 45 VS Boston college

15. Who has CU faced the most in bowl games? 3 TEAMS - 3 TIMES Alabama,notre dame,oregon

16. What year was the first game played in Folsom field? oct 11th 1924

True of False

17. Colorado has never beaten a #1 ranked team in the AP or coaches poll? T

18. Colorado leads the all time series with Miami, Fla. T

19. Eddie Reinhart suffred his brain injury against Michigan St. in the 1984 season. False, it was at oregon.

T

I think I missed a few....

Last edited:
1. Name the CU Runningbacks who have received the Unanimous All-American honors. Bieniemy

a)2006
b)2001 *
c)1997
d)1999

a) 0
b) 1
c) 2 *
d) 3

a)4
b)2
c)10
d)9 *

a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis * - this one I'm sure of
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) 309 yards at Kansas - Brown
b) 342 yards vs. Oklahoma st. - Davis
c) 217 yards at Missouri - Bieniemy
d) 317 yards at Texas - Salaam

d) Emerson Wilson vs. Kansas st. - Got to be this one

a) Koy Detmer ***
b) Kordell Stewart
c) Darian Hagan
d) Joel Klatt

a) Jon Embree *
b) Daniel Graham
c) Christian Fuaria
d) Joe Klopfenstein

10. CU has won the Big 12 North divison 4 times, but how many times have they finished second and what years? 1996 - any others?

a) 101-21-3 *
b) 87-25-2
c) 105-15-1
d) 94-25-3

a) 201-195-12
b) 247-218-13 *
c) 233-204-10
d) 217-245-11

a) 17
b) 25
c) 24 *
d) NR

14. What was the most points scored in a half by CU in a bowl game and against who? 42 - Boston College,1999

15. Who has CU faced the most in bowl games? Notre Dame? 3 times

16. What year was the first game played in Folsom field? 1934

True of False

17. Colorado has never beaten a #1 ranked team in the AP or coaches poll? True - though the Buffs twice knocked Oklahoma from the #1 spot by playing close

18. Colorado leads the all time series with Miami, Fla. - True - don't know for sure

19. Eddie Reinhart suffred his brain injury against Michigan St. in the 1984 season. False - it was against Oregon the following week. Reinhart set a record for catches by a tight end (10) v. Michigan State.

20. In 1989 All-American QB candidate Jeff George brought his top 10 Illinois team into Folsom. George was harrased all day by the H-Boys (Alfred Williams, Kanavis McGhee and Art Walker). It was so loud that George couldn't hear and signaled the crowd to calm down. The crowd got even louder and George forever became a laughing stock for CU fans. Sounds good to me!

Great stuff! Now, can I go and look it all up to see how I did? :thumbsup:

I was there for NR 20 and it is definitely true. "George is a pussy, George is a pussy..."
Bienemy on a half back pass play (that went for a TD) had almost as many passing yards in that game as George.

You people suck!

I can't even see this site during work hours. Our IT office has it locked up tighter than ... well draw your own analogy. If I forget, which I don't anymore, I get a huge "WEB WASHER" logo across my screen and pretty much a note that the powers that be have been told I'm not working again.

:lol:

So, for me, it's IT that sucks! There could be vital national security information here that I need at any moment. How do they know I'm not working on something that requires Allbuffs information?

You want to know the saddest part? Of course you do.
The only buffs site they haven't found and banned us from is...
netbuffs.

:wow::wtf::bang:

mornin buff fans, here are the answers

1. Name the CU Runningbacks who have recieved the Uninimous All-American honors. Eric Bieniemy and Rashaan Salaam

a)2006
b)2001
c)1997 with 8
d)1999

a) 0
b) 1
c) 2 Eric Bieniemy and Jay Leewenburg
d) 3

a)4
b)2
c)10
d)9 (1 Heisman, 2 Butkus, 2 Thorpe, 1 Walter Camp, 1 Doak Walker, 1 John Mackey and 1 Ray Guy.

a) Eric Bieniemy
b) Charlie Davis
c) Rashaan Salaam
d) Chris Brown

a) Eric Bieniemy c) 217 yards at Missouri
b) Charlie Davis b) 342 yards vs. Oklahoma st.
c) Rashaan Salaam d) 317 yards at Texas
d) Chris Brown a) 309 yards at Kansas

a) 309 yards at Kansas
c) 217 yards at Missouri
d) 317 yards at Texas

d) Emerson Wilson vs. Kansas st. 95 yard TD run

a) Koy Detmer 457 vs. Missouri, 426 vs. NE Louisiana, 418 vs. Oklahoma
b) Kordell Stewart
c) Darian Hagan
d) Joel Klatt

a) Jon Embree
b) Daniel Graham
c) Christian Fuaria
d) Joe Klopfenstein

10. CU has won the Big 12 North divison 4 times, but how many times have they finished second and what years? Just once in 1996

a) 101-21-3
b) 87-25-2
c) 105-15-1
d) 94-25-3 combined record vs. CSU, AFA and Wyo

a) 201-195-12
b) 247-218-13
c) 233-204-10
d) 217-245-11

a) 17
b) 25 24 last year, but dropped to 25th this year after not going.
c) 24
d) NR

14. What was the most points scored in a half by CU in a bowl game and against who? 45 against Boston College

15. Who has CU faced the most in bowl games? 3 way tie with 3 matchups with each team of Oregon, Notre Dame and Alabama. CU's combined record in bowls against these teams is 5-4

16. What year was the first game played in Folsom field?

True of False

17. Colorado has never beaten a #1 ranked team in the AP or coaches poll? T. Although Nebraska was ranked #1 in the BCS when CU beat them in 2001, the huskers were #2 in the other polls behind Miami.

18. Colorado leads the all time series with Miami, Fla. T

19. Eddie Reinhart suffred his brain injury against Michigan St. in the 1984 season. F. It was the following week at Oregon.

20. In 1989 All-American QB candidate Jeff George brought his top 10 Illinois team into Folsom. George was harrased all day by the H-Boys (Alfred Williams, Kanavis McGhee and Art Walker). It was so loud that George couldn't hear and signaled the crowd to calm down. The crowd got even louder and George forever became a laughing stock for CU fans. True, he even asked the ref to do something about the crowd noise!:lol:

thanks for playing, I might make up another 20 questions in a day or so.

Last edited:
That was good trivia. I was all set to be the first responder (before your cries of anguish) but my answers were lost b/c I had to log back in, I took so long. But I did get most of 'em, didn't know about the Jeff George story, and I wasn't aware of the 95 yd. run by Emerson Wilson.

Did anyone actually witness that Wilson run in person? Care to give a play by play of it?

Back