1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffalo Heart 2010

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by The Guest, Sep 13, 2009.

1. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm not sure what Coach Hawk's employment future looks like at CU, but at this point I'd speculate that he's got maybe a 50% chance of being our head coach after this season.

However, if he does depart and Cody sticks it out at CU in any capacity, he deserves some consideration for the Buffalo Heart next year.

I know this is a highly speculative topic, but it highlights the difficult situation the Hawkins family is in. I was so confident that this would all work out, it never occurred to me how awkward it could become if it didn't.

If I could insert more than five :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: emoticons I would. This is all very discouraging. We will necessarily see some improvement over the season, but I'd sure like to see a lot.

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Cody will get a lot of sentiment, but I would go with Andre Simmons for next year's award.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

The liklihood is that Coach Hawkins will be here in 2010.
    With CU's financial situation, it's a big possibility.

Cody is in a tough situation no matter what happens. He has worked as hard as he can, put in the hours, stayed positive and willed himself to better.

The fact that none -- little-- of that shows on the field is further proof that life is not fair. Always tell the kids that hard work = success, but there are so many other factors. We lie to keep ourselves sane sometimes.

4. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

I would wait until after next year to discuss the award.

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Previously I speculated he only needed to fog a mirror to be here next year. However, I didn't anticipate an ohhhhhh and two start either. The financial side depends somewhat on doners as well, and it appears that they're growing weary.

I'm still a Hawk fan, and I'm rooting for him to succeed, but he's gotta show something. The things that make this team look awful after four years are the sort of things for which a head coach is responsible, in my opinion.